New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 63 of 200 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    So that means you swing the 2nd row captain seats to face the 3 passengers right behind it?

The local Super Grandia (note: Grandia GL is different) is also like that. The last row is split in the middle so that it can be folded up to the side (ala. Landcruiser, Fortuner, Innova, etc...) freeing up space for luggages or cargo.
    I did not confirm the one on the 3rd row swiveling but he said the 1st row of captains chairs swivel to face the second row of captains chairs.

Yep, the local Super Grandia has similar seating in the rearmost.

We have a GL Grandia and the rearmost seats are fixed and take in three people only; thus its seating capacity is only one less than the Super Grandia model in spite of having bench seats all throughout (and these get pretty uncomfy during long trips).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    May nasakyan akong Hi-Ace kanina and to my surprise, the instrument looks like the honda civic. It has a digital speedometer reading.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Planning to get s SUPER GRANDIA? Any pros and cons? My wife and kids love it as they tried riding it from Kalibo to Caticlan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gensi311 View Post
    Planning to get s SUPER GRANDIA? Any pros and cons? My wife and kids love it as they tried riding it from Kalibo to Caticlan
    Although ours is a Grandia GL.

Pros:
    - Space
    - Fuel efficiency is okay. It does around 8-9km/L in the city and 13km/L in the highway/ If i load it up and drive it hard up the mountains (mix highway and city), it does 10km/L+ to 11km/L.

Cons:
    - No rear windows
    - Won't fit some covered pay parking areas (in our case, Ayala Tower, Shang Mall and Robinsons Galleria. No problem with SM Malls and Rockwell)
    - Not as powerful as the Grand Starex

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Although ours is a Grandia GL.

Pros:
    - Space
    - Fuel efficiency is okay. It does around 8-9km/L in the city and 13km/L in the highway/ If i load it up and drive it hard up the mountains (mix highway and city), it does 10km/L+ to 11km/L.

Cons:
    - No rear windows
    - Won't fit some covered pay parking areas (in our case, Ayala Tower, Shang Mall and Robinsons Galleria. No problem with SM Malls and Rockwell)
    - Not as powerful as the Grand Starex
    thank you very much

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    I was planning to get my Grandia GL today monotone but unfortunately OS daw ang mga ito. I heard a buzz na may minor face lifts and/or spec up daw this coming June. Is there truth to this?

And the only available units are Super Grandia which are great but beyond my working budget..

BPI said just get the starex.... But i guess my eyes are fixed on the GL

Please enlighten me on this

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EOS View Post
    I was planning to get my Grandia GL today monotone but unfortunately OS daw ang mga ito. I heard a buzz na may minor face lifts and/or spec up daw this coming June. Is there truth to this?

And the only available units are Super Grandia which are great but beyond my working budget..

BPI said just get the starex.... But i guess my eyes are fixed on the GL

Please enlighten me on this

Yes, there will be a facelift this june.
    I am also waiting.
    Even the SUPER GRANDIA walang stock

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    i hope if it's june, wag namang June 30... I am really in need of a second car!!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Guys! I changed tires this morning from my stock goodyear fortera 225 70 15 to bridgestone dueler HL 235 70 15. I did this because the 2011-2012 super grandia have these stock tires on them. I discovered lastnight that my stock tires already have sidewall damage "bukol". I wanna know what psi do u put on your tires? And may i know what brand and size of tires do u have? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^235/70's still fit okay?

We use the 215/70R15 Bridgestone truck tires on our GL now (RE series) which are wider than the skinny 195R15s that come standard. I'd wished for the Yokohoma Geolandar 225's though and would change it but it's uncertain on how much longer we'll have the Hiace with us (pondering on selling it). We run 34-35psi (cold) most of the time.

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]