New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 200 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, Fort mags work also. Any six lug IMV wheel works [Hilux, Innova, Fortuner]

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    thanks for the advice Doc, but i plan on purchasing a 16" fort mags at the very least to bring 'porma' to my Hiace kahit konti.
    last week, a guy offered me a bnew 17" fort mags (from 2012 model) set wheels only for a whopping 30K
    the price was too steep i had to decline first.
    sir gandang project nyan.. post mo yung pics pag natapos na ha...
    balak ko rin kasi sa commuter ko yujng fort mags... tnx..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^ will post photos kapag nakabili nako

anyway, my Hiace just got home from the 20K PMS - general checkup pala sya.
    4-hour labor easily cost me P7600 all in all in Toyota Marikina.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    commuter for long distance trip,,lets say baguio,,w/ 10 adults onboard,,,pinapatay nyo ba engine during stop over?pag nasa kennon na,,going up,,,pinapatay nyo ba aircon nyo?lastly,,,pag dating nyo po ba baguio,,,pinapatay nyo na agad engine nyo,,o let it idle for a while,,,paki sagot naman mga master,,,,thanks!!!!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by red.horse24 View Post
    commuter for long distance trip,,lets say baguio,,w/ 10 adults onboard,,,pinapatay nyo ba engine during stop over?
    it has been said that when the turbo is being used, oil is circulated in it so it is best to let it idle up around 5-10mins before turning off the engine

pag nasa kennon na,,going up,,,pinapatay nyo ba aircon nyo?
    not necessarily as the engine is quite powerful enough even with the aircon turned On.

lastly,,,pag dating nyo po ba baguio,,,pinapatay nyo na agad engine nyo,,o let it idle for a while,,,paki sagot naman mga master,,,,thanks!!!!!
    refer to first question.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    it has been said that when the turbo is being used, oil is circulated in it so it is best to let it idle up around 5-10mins before turning off the engine
    30 seconds to 3 minutes idle is good enough. More than 3 minutes is excessive already.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    30 seconds to 3 minutes idle is good enough. More than 3 minutes is excessive already.
    Yup. And you can also drive in the lower rpm range as you near you destination to help it cool down faster to decrease idling time as well.

Never had to resort to shutting off the a/c of our Grandia even with a full load, climbing steep gradients. The engine has a tendency to bog though if you're hanging on a steep incline and you don't gas it well enough.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Heads up Commuter '11 owners:

Went to Autobachs Banawe awhile ago to buy and install fog lamps for my ride. Things are working out as planned, I even exchanged the bulbs to super yellow 3000k for maximum fog penetration. Fog lamps installed in the bumper, wires connected and all, but as they are about to reattach the bumper the backside of the right fog lamp gets in the way of the air filter - which is surprisingly located behind the bumper. The mechanics couldn't do anything to remedy the situation and I rest my case eventually.

Gerald, the shop's point person told me that if he remembered correctly, they had already installed a fog lamp for a commuter '11 but had to replace the whole air filter with a slimmer one, so the fog lamp will fit perfectly. But, as of the moment they are out of stock for that specific filter.

I plan to call the Casa tomorrow morning and talk to them about it. Will update this thread guys.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I called Toyota marikina kanina and inquired about the fog lamps. Sad to say that both genuine and aftermarket versions are not available - which makes me yearn more on how i can install my much-needed fog lamps.

Eventually planned and drove to Banawe but on my way there, dropped by Lui Project in Kamias to canvass. As usual with small shops like them, the fog lamps isn't available. Instead, I was offered a generic fog lamp and told that we can mount it instead. Arrangements were made and I agreed on the procedure. The fog lamp covers that was supposed to be removed during its installation becomes the main housing of the fog lamp. Yes, it protrudes a bit but beggars can't be choosers.

I changed the ordinary bulbs (H3) to super yellow 3000k for maximun output. This cost me additional 600php. Btw, the fog lamps only costs 2500php all in all.

Kindly refer to the pictures guys. Frankly, i'm quite happy and contented but I noticed a simple thing: my horn sounded a bit weak It is not the same old loud honk honk like I use to hear. I'm not sure what caused it. I might phone them about it though.

So, those of you who are looking for an alternative fog lamps you can drop by their shop and have them installed

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]