New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 200 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Generally it looks good. Though it was a little bit noselifted, unsafe parin siya. Your feet are just 1 foot away from the outside grill.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    well, hindi mo naman cguro hahatawin yan. so easy easy lng sa pagdrive lalo na mdami ka pang sakay sa likod nyan. you wouldnt wana risk the lives of your pasengers.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i remember our old 79 hiace..1.2L gas engine...say nyo!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by busy road
    Generally it looks good. Though it was a little bit noselifted, unsafe parin siya. Your feet are just 1 foot away from the outside grill.
    I wouldn't call it 'unsafe'. The current crop of forward control vans (Hi Ace, Pregio, Urvan GE, MB100, etc.) still do have safety standards to meet in the markets where they are sold (mostly in Asia and Australia). And that includes crash testing. And they did pass. I've seen Pregios and MB100's perform in real-world crashes and they do react pretty well. Locally made jeeps with their long hoods and 'thick' steel even perform worse.

There are 'safer' alternatives out there but I wouldn't dismiss these maxi-vans as unsafe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The new Grandia is quite a massive (though boxy) beast. I was having Coffee at Starbucks Fort when a black Grandia slowly drove as it was in slow-moving traffic. The front and rear really say "boxy minibus", but the side view makes it more "big van". It does look larger than the Commuter due to the different body kit. I wonder how much bigger it's gonna look with a lighter color.

Has anyone gotten to ride it while it's in motion? I wonder how bumpy the ride could be coz of the rear leaf springs, and if the engine is noisy on the inside.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just came from Toyota Makati earlier. Apparently the black Grandia I saw is a limited edition owing to its color. The available colors are white pearl, silver and dark gray.

Anyhow, it is quite big up close. Although the rear is basically one big rectangular slab. No inspiring design there. The inside is huge. For the average Pinoy, head and leg room are plentiful, with the hip room just right. For me, the heavy, of average height Pinoy, head and leg room is great, hip room is a bit wanting. It does feel like a bus on the inside, from the design of the upholstery, to the make of the seats, and the individual a/c vents at the rear. Too bad it comes only with an M/T. I still wonder if the 2.5L D4D will do justice to this Jap behemoth, and if the leaf springs don't make the ride too harsh.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Wala nang Hi Ace GL Grandia sa Toyota Otis at Toyota Pasong Tamo.May nakabili na pero sa Makati at Quezon Avenue ay mayroon pa.1.068.000 na yung Hi Ace Commuter ngayon.Parang gimmick lang yung dual airbags at ABS ng GL Grandia para bumenta.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Seats looks like the old toyota coaster. More like a tourist bus

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sana maglabas sila ng 3.0 D4D diesel para mas mabilis sya i-drive hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl_f555
    sana maglabas sila ng 3.0 D4D diesel para mas mabilis sya i-drive hehe
    sana magkaroon din ng AT option, for convenience.

the current Commuter version isn't exactly slow. i was running along with it on the Skyway at around 140-150kph. just don't know its load though.

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]