New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My mother has a 2012 fortuner. She is always complaining about the bumpy ride. I am getting itch to change the suspension parts. Any ideas where to start from?

p.s. This fortuner is said to have an improved suspension over previous models but still lags behind a 2000 pajero in its suspension department

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Old Man Emu and Ironman both make a suspension kit for the fortuner. Buy the spring and shock combo as they are designed to work as a system.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yung ironman suspension yata hindi progressive yung spring rate baka matagtag.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tein, though providing a slight drop, is said to give a much better ride than stock springs. Some are saying in the Fort's case, that the tagtag is due to the springs since they were designed for load capacity.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone try the O-Sullee thingee?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Anyone try the O-Sullee thingee?
    Vinj, hindi ba o-sulee will just reduce the spring rate?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O-sulee takes some of the edge off road bumps, providing some cushion whereas you'd be jarred more without it. But getting better shocks/springs would be the more comfortable solution.

Posted from my iPhone

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Check first tire pressure baka masyadong matigas ang gulong.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    My mother has a 2012 fortuner. She is always complaining about the bumpy ride. I am getting itch to change the suspension parts. Any ideas where to start from?

p.s. This fortuner is said to have an improved suspension over previous models but still lags behind a 2000 pajero in its suspension department

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    That is also my problem before, I tried TRD with O-sulle but it has an issue with bottom up if your tire is on 20", but if you use stock tires TRD is good.
    So I have to find another solution , and use Rancho shocks, RX900 XL, now the suspension in working good and also Rancho is adjustable.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    O-sulee takes some of the edge off road bumps, providing some cushion whereas you'd be jarred more without it. But getting better shocks/springs would be the more comfortable solution.

Posted from my iPhone
    So if one were on a budget, they can try the O-Sullee if it's enough to lessen the jarring ride. Best still is a matched spring and shock combo. I remember installing the OME (Old Man Emu) shocks on our Everest and they worked quite well.
    Last edited by vinj; May 14th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Toyota Fortuner suspension upgrade options