New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 143 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^Parang ang mahal.

4k++ lang ang Dunlop LM704 na 205/55 R16 91V. Same price range also for Toyo Proxes.

For 5k++ you can get Bridgestone RE02. If you're a cheapskate 3.5k++ lang Federal 595.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been backreading, and can't seem to find in-depth feedback on the 1.6G MT. Any owners here?

I'm interested to know the ff:

1. Transmission response - the CVT is very responsive and has none of the rubber-band feel of older CVTs, but its power delivery is too smooth - even when I floor the pedal I don't feel any kickdown. The car is accelerating but it doesn't feel fast from the driver's seat. I want to know if it's a CVT quirk or if the engine really just isn't punchy enough even with a manual.

2. Fuel economy - most likely the CVT is more efficient, but how does the MT fare?

3. Shifting precision - how light is the clutch? Is it strong enough to handle launching at 4000 rpm? What about the shifter itself, does it feel solid when shifting gears or is it as notchy as a Vios'?

4. Handling - For the occasional spirited run out of town, how does the body hold? CVT owners who've thrashed the car (as in all out on a track or mountain road), I'd like to hear your comments too.

The Altis is the only good compact available with an MT in the 900k price range so I'm interested. The Civic FB is too expensive and bare, the Cruze is too fat, thirsty, and slow (despite the 1.8), while the Mazda 3 doesn't even come with a manual and the 1.5 engine just feels so stressed.

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ^Launch at 4000rpm? Like in a race?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There's nothing wrong with the transmission. The car is designed for comfort therefore making transmission from one gear to another to be as smooth as possible.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    ^Launch at 4000rpm? Like in a race?
    Yes, I plan to occasionally track the car.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoMarley View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the transmission. The car is designed for comfort therefore making transmission from one gear to another to be as smooth as possible.

I didn't say there was something wrong with the transmission, I said I didn't like its power delivery which felt too uneventful. I didn't time the car's acceleration but even if it was fast, it felt utterly boring and that's a big turn-off for me.

I want to know if it's just the transmission or if the car is really slow even with a manual.

I'm considering this over a Mazda 3 1.5 because it's faster, cheaper, and has a manual. If it's not noticeably faster and if the manual sucks, then it's not very convincing anymore.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I didn't say there was something wrong with the transmission, I said I didn't like its power delivery which felt too uneventful. I didn't time the car's acceleration but even if it was fast, it felt utterly boring and that's a big turn-off for me.

I want to know if it's just the transmission or if the car is really slow even with a manual.

I'm considering this over a Mazda 3 1.5 because it's faster, cheaper, and has a manual. If it's not noticeably faster and if the manual sucks, then it's not very convincing anymore.

Medyo boring nga sir i drive ang altis kse napaka smooth ng shifting ng gear because of CVT transmission at0 hindi mo talaga ramdam kagaya ng sa innova tsaka pag tumatakbo kahit mataas na ang rpm napaka tahimik sa loob.. pero malakas ang makina ng altis.. pag binaon mo silinyador ibibigay sayo yung power.. btw altis G 2014 at innova G 2013 yung unit namin..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa tingin niyo may nagbebenta ng oem mags ng 2.0? Gusto ko isalpak kasi yung mags sa 1.6at hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sorry hindi maedit last post e.

Tingin niyo eto bagay? image.jpg gusto ko kasi talaga black na mags sa white na altis
    Or yung mags ng vios dito tingin niyo bagay sa altis? image.jpg beginner palang kasi pagdating sa pagpalit ng mags

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLoveInvest View Post
    Sorry hindi maedit last post e.

Tingin niyo eto bagay? image.jpg gusto ko kasi talaga black na mags sa white na altis
    Or yung mags ng vios dito tingin niyo bagay sa altis? image.jpg beginner palang kasi pagdating sa pagpalit ng mags
    Sir anong gen ng altis kakabitan nyo ng mags? Gen 10 and 11 ay 5 x 100 na. Yung mga mags na nasa post nyo ay 4 x 100 katulad ng sa vios at gen 9 altis or older.

Kung wala kang mahanap na oem mags ng 2.0V, hanap ka ng mags ng toyota 86 or subaru brz. Kasya mga mags nun sa gen 10 at 11.