New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mga sirs, I'm thinking of buying a used, late-model Camry (2010 and above), Not sure though whether costs on parts and periodic maintenance are on the high side (luxury car territory). Is it a pretty reliable car for the most part? Can somebody please comment or confirm this? Thx po in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing much really out of the blue really, from what in know. The 3.5Q of my uncle only had one recurring problem: warped brake rotors. Everything else is regular serving, wear and tear. I think some people were also complaining about the smell when you first turn on the a/c in the morning. Expect to pay more than a 1.6-2.0L sedan like the Corolla, Civic, etc. but should not be any more than servicing your average SUVs nowadays.

Just make sure you get a good, fresh unit with no accident history. Camrys are driven by either the owner or the family/company driver; i'm expecting it's better to get one that's privately owned and used by the owner. My boss recently got a slightly used 2010 2.4V model from a guy in AAV who had several cars. It was a nice, low mileage and fresh first owned unit. Good buy if you ask me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The new 2012 Camry will be out in a few months. This will drive down the prices of pre-owned current body Camry (2006-2011). Better to wait til then before thinking of buying.

Some of those sellers in Sulit must be smoking pot if they think they can sell their old 2006 3.5Q for 1.3-1.4M. At that price a brand new 2011 2.4G will cost lesser to acquire. (Dealers are offering almost 200K off on the Camry).

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanks vinj. You bring up a very good point about buying one that's privately owned and driven by owner. I never thought of that. Appreciate the comments.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The new 2012 Camry will be out in a few months. This will drive down the prices of pre-owned current body Camry (2006-2011). Better to wait til then before thinking of buying.

Some of those sellers in Sulit must be smoking pot if they think they can sell their old 2006 3.5Q for 1.3-1.4M. At that price a brand new 2011 2.4G will cost lesser to acquire. (Dealers are offering almost 200K off on the Camry).
    Thanks a lot, number001. Excellent tip about holding off on the acquisition till new model comes out. Cheers...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlove60 View Post
    Thanks a lot, number001. Excellent tip about holding off on the acquisition till new model comes out. Cheers...
    I saw a post saying that Toyota is offering 250k disc on the 2.4V and 200k for the other models. Don't quote me on the info.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano consumption ng 2.4 ng camry? Planning to get a 09 model soon

thanks

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    ano consumption ng 2.4 ng camry? Planning to get a 09 model soon

thanks
    Used to own one. 5.4 to 4.6 km/l city driving...

Parts and Maintenance Issues for Late-Model Camry