New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Just got a 2104 Hilux a week ago. I've washed the pickup twice, and its been rained on multiple time as well. I noticed water getting inside the engine bay. The new Hilux has a bigger hood scoop so water getting inside in the middle portion is expected. My problem is I always find water pooling under the ECU and Air filter on the left side on the engine bay. The battery terminal and fuse box also gets wet on the right side. I'll be taking it to toyota pasig in the weekend for my 1000km, but i'm looking for advice before hand Has any one experienced something similar?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Baka me nakalimutan lang ilagay na plastic part.

When i was imspecting the wigo i noticed that the engine is completeley exposed to the front grill. Walang harang gaya ng sa vios. Konting ulan lang pasok na sa makina ang tubig.

At ang first na mababasa is alternator and compressor

https://db.tt/QIZP9nxx
    Last edited by shibby75; July 23rd, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gives a whole new meaning to the term "water cooled" :D

Seriously though, maybe there's a splash shield of rubber seal missing. The kind that just went thru under the noses of the Pre Delivery Inspectors at the dealership.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Took the Hilux to Toyota. They inspected and said there is nothing missing. Nothing was overlooked. They said there are drain holes to let the water out. So does this mean that its normal that water gets in the engine bay in areas other than the hoodscoop and the front end of the radiator? I'll bring the pickup back next week for 1000km. Maybe they can install pipings on the sides. I cant say I'm comfortable thinking that water could very likely be giving the wires and electronics in the engine bay a bath every time it rains hard or whenever i wash my vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Maybe the hood stops in front need adjusting. Baka masyadong mataas ang kabit, Hindi tuloy maka-upo nang maige ang hood..

Bite, have you modified in any way, the front end?
    Last edited by dr. d; July 25th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hindi issue yan imho. Nasa design naman nang hilux eh, so tested nang Toyota yan bago ilabas.