New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wala nang differentiating factor ang 3.0V sa 2.5G sa labas kasi pareho na silang may hood scoop. Good for the 2.5G buyers, not so much for the 3.0V owners.
    I have a feeling that most buyers eying a range topping model will go for the GTV anyway.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I have a feeling that most buyers eying a range topping model will go for the GTV anyway.
    Ako baliktad. I'd prefer the 3.0V over the GTV but I'd get a GLS-V over a 2.5G (even the VNT).

This is because I value engine/drivetrain the most, and I find the 1KD-FTV to be really good, with non-relenting pull all throughout the range. Haven't driven the VGT 4D56 but they say it's peaky. GLS-V vs 2.5G naman, there's still a big power difference, on top of having 1 less gear.

Oh, and the Fortuner looks better than the MS for me too.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ako baliktad. I'd prefer the 3.0V over the GTV but I'd get a GLS-V over a 2.5G (even the VNT).

This is because I value engine/drivetrain the most, and I find the 1KD-FTV to be really good, with non-relenting pull all throughout the range. Haven't driven the VGT 4D56 but they say it's peaky. GLS-V vs 2.5G naman, there's still a big power difference, on top of having 1 less gear.

Oh, and the Fortuner looks better than the MS for me too.

Well, I agree that Fort looks better ... Although that will be subjective and relative to who is looking.

I bought an MS GLX NON-VGT anyway, being best bang for the buck at present time.
    (Strada talaga gusto ni Misis, pero We come to a compromise agreement since price of Strada+carryboy is close to price of MS NON VGT)

I also hope that by the time I can replace my Elantra, New generations of Fortuner will place their computer box in a higher, more flood-secured location. Para puwede nang Fort and MS ang nasa garahe hehehe ... No more need for comparison.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *Wilcats kailan ito available? di kaya mahaba na naman waiting?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    naka disk break na kaya yun rear wheels?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    kamusta naman kaya ang fuel consumption ng Fort w/VNT. Baka parang VGT more power nga pero malakas din sa diesel.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    VNT na ba tong new 2.5fort na to? thanks

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by apple5 View Post
    *Wilcats kailan ito available? di kaya mahaba na naman waiting?
    25th - 29th of August. Pila na kayo habang di pa mahaba hehe pm me nalang if you want to make a reservation.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    VNT na ba tong new 2.5fort na to? thanks
    Yes sir, 144hp & 343Nm up from 102hp & 260Nm. di na kulang sa power ito.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtyper View Post
    kamusta naman kaya ang fuel consumption ng Fort w/VNT. Baka parang VGT more power nga pero malakas din sa diesel.
    It has more power/Torque, meaning it can carry its' weight easier with depressing the accelerator pedal that much. Thus, less fuel consumption ;)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast