New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersatz888 View Post

If its going to be discontinued do you think it will be a collectors item aftr 10 year or more?
    It depends on one's definition of "collector's item".

IMO, the FJ Cruiser is not in anyway special (in terms of aesthetics or performance, etc..). Plus, Toyota has produced so many examples that were mostly sold in North America.
    Last edited by number001; April 20th, 2014 at 09:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    To all fj cruiser owners? Hows the ride of the unit?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The ride is surprisingly pleasant. For a huge SUV hindi say matagtag. As for some of the other issues brought up, I have no regrets buying this, even though it's the first car I ever bought that I haven't seen or driven in person. And you really can't compare it to a Prado...for me, even if they brought the price down of the Prado to the FJ I would STILL get the FJ...just a totally different taste. Not as roomy inside as you thought? Big freakin' deal, it's plenty roomy enough. Yes it would be nice to have four full doors, but my kids had no problem getting in and out of the back (my aunt on the other hand, impossible...so that's a plus!)

I'd say if you can find a way to get one, by hook or by crook (ok..maybe not by crook), get one! But then again, I'm the kind of guy who liked the looks of a Hummer, so again not for everyone. But at this new price? I just think it's a no brainer if it's anywhere close to your budget.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi dahil mass manufactured hindi na pwede maging collectible..

some cars i think na mass manufactured na somewhat iconic/collectible

fj40
    beetle
    combi
    ae86
    datsun fairlady

musclecars
    mustang
    camaro
    corvette
    etc etc

kayalang we dont know kung ano future nito...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    my unit will be out soon . i like either black or white but the wife and kids choose the orange color.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    AC, I agree. Isama mo na ang box type lancer, pajero, w123, and the list goes on.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'm keeping my options open .... But I'm really bent on getting a used one.....

Knowing how toyota makes you pay thru the nose on their forced in house financing, I'ts a matter of time before a few call's it enough.

Actually the grey market prices for 2nd hand has gone down, but no where "juicy" pa.... a 4- 5 yr olds are selling for about 1.6M

I guess its still going down.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    I'm keeping my options open .... But I'm really bent on getting a used one.....

Knowing how toyota makes you pay thru the nose on their forced in house financing, I'ts a matter of time before a few call's it enough.

Actually the grey market prices for 2nd hand has gone down, but no where "juicy" pa.... a 4- 5 yr olds are selling for about 1.6M

I guess its still going down.
    Price of greys is high because they don't get the JPEPA tax breaks Toyota does.

And they never will... so I doubt that price will go down very much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi mga sir! How many months pa ba ang waiting list for FJ ngayon? Im planning to get 1 unit before the year ends.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What brand of fuel / gasoline gamit nyo for fj? TIA

FJ Cruiser (local) coming this October!