New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 900 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by aDD_L View Post
    *rheathyurd
    Meron alarm, alarm, ang pag kaka alam ko, from 1.3E available yung alarm (TVSS). Tpos ang J at base, remote lang. Ang Hindi ko sure, Kung meron immobilizer, kasi yung alarm indicator after 30 secs, nag bliblink na. Nakalagay sa manual, enabled na ang immobilizer pag nag bliblink na. Also tried switching the alarm on and using the spare keys (yun walang remote keys) to open the door. Nag alarm pero after starting the engine using the spare key, after about 2 secs, the alarm turned off. So parang meron pa din immobilizer as it recognized the spare key (RF chip registered).

*wilcats, can you help confirm if immobilizer is still installed? Also, are cabin filters already installed as well? TIA.

Yup, meron nga alarm! mas malakas kaysa sa busina nya. hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Which dealer is it?

Can anyone post here the prices and freebies of vios and which dealer?
    The SRP for 1.3e mt should be 727k but if getting it through financing, as of now toyota tfs can't give better rates than banks. I think all dealers have standard freebies (tools, mats, free service 1k, 5k, umbrella, undercoating, tints sa sides and back). My compre insurance (aog, tpl, etc) is in bpi for 23k.

I was suprised during the release because my SA was telling me additional charges for some of their optional offers: I have to pay addtional 1.5k if I want a full windshield tint, 9.7k for rustproofing. I paid 1.5k for the tint but I opted to not get the rustproofing because based on my reading and based on some new car owners, new cars already have factory rustproofing that's why it would just be a waste of money rustproofing it again.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    Since u basically called me an irresponsible driver, can u look at my avatar and tell me if my projector is hid or halogen? That is a stock hid headlamp from a lancer mx. I keep my cars stock, except for mags. Now tell me again if im irresponsible?
    The "irresponsible" drivers are those who either slap HIDs off their reflector housings or still slap them in halogen projector housings. If you have a stock HID projector housing a 4300K bulb, that's great! But if you're doing a stock halogen projectors and then replacing them with 4300K D2S bulbs or something, then that's irresponsible.

Irresponsibility has more to do with driver traits than what your car looks like. Parking in a no parking zone is irresponsible, parking like an idiot is also included, slapping on a high-intensity LED bar to your vehicle is also one, trying to make putol on the springs rather than buying a proper lowering spring is also one.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    The "irresponsible" drivers are those who either slap HIDs off their reflector housings or still slap them in halogen projector housings. If you have a stock HID projector housing a 4300K bulb, that's great! But if you're doing a stock halogen projectors and then replacing them with 4300K D2S bulbs or something, then that's irresponsible.

Irresponsibility has more to do with driver traits than what your car looks like. Parking in a no parking zone is irresponsible, parking like an idiot is also included, slapping on a high-intensity LED bar to your vehicle is also one, trying to make putol on the springs rather than buying a proper lowering spring is also one.
    U know u can get your message across better by holding back on the name calling. People go to these forums to learn and contribute, not to get insulted. Heck since its not illegal, i might even decide to slap on hids on my other car with reflectors just to spite u. I just hope u practice what u preach.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    The all new vios is really impressive! The big discounts on the previous gen were really tempting but now all I can say is It's really worth the wait! Check this out: 2013 Toyota Vios 1.3 E AT - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rheathyurd View Post
    The all new vios is really impressive! The big discounts on the previous gen were really tempting but now all I can say is It's really worth the wait! Check this out: 2013 Toyota Vios 1.3 E AT - Honest Car Reviews Philippines
    Yup. Ive owned both the 1st and the 2nd gen vios and theres really nothing to complain about. Just religiously follow the PMS and hindi sasakit ulo mo. A true value for money car. The engine is bulletproof.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013

I guess people in this forum are all grown ups that they know what they are doing..

I think we don't need those words/phrases because we come to this thread to get tips from the experts and learn more about our rides as well as share our ideas and experiences to make our life easier to get the best for our rides..

we all know that there are people here who knows nothing or with limited knowledge about their cars because they are new owners which each of us once was..

btw.. we can express our minds in a nice way.. because what we do, what we say, what we write reflects who we are..

just my two cents..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I do not name call.. I call what needs to be called. I'm not a politician who cherry tops his words by calling squatters "informal settlers".. I simply call them squatters. It's direct and straight to the point. Look, if an incoming motorist blinds me because of his irresponsible use of HIDs, what do you want me to call them? Ignorance was never an excuse.

If I may have touched a nerve, then that's that. Unfortunately, I cannot apologize because it would be insincere. I simply hope you see my point. No need to do something deliberately to spite me, it's like trying to sue an anonymous user over the internet. It's pretty pointless.

As much as I want to be lenient to new owners and beginners, it would be insulting to them if I don't correct others. We're here to learn, share, and interact not to suck up to fellow forum members. Remember the best mentors aren't the ones who says yes but rather challenges you by throwing down your ideas and screwing your ass up for you to be your best.

Actually, the use of HIDs irresponsibly is a violation in most countries. But as we know in the Philippines, all politicians are doing is bicker here and bicker there. I would like to remind the general public that there's a pending resolution in the Senate regarding their illegality (http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/91848301!.pdf) and that some cities have been implementing their own ordinances to apprehend violators in the case of Cebu in 2008.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 31st, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We are all here to learn and share ideas so no need to act like a know it all self righteous prick.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    We are all here to learn and share ideas so no need to act like a know it all self righteous prick.
    Seriously, no need to be all defensive about it. All I did was refute your incorrect statement that "HIDs in halogen projectors do not blind incoming motorists"

This is not a problem dahil nakaprojector ung hids. Ung nakakabulag is ung mga nagkakabit ng hid sa stock headlamps na hindi projector. Kalat ang buga ng ilaw nun.
    It doesn't matter. Halogen projectors and HID projectors are different. Although sometimes slapping HIDs in halogen projectors is "good enough" in a sense that there's a cutoff rather than your typical "sabog" light using reflectors, you're still glaring the opposite party thanks to the improper dispersion of lumens from the HID bulb. In other words, your beam pattern will be "sabog" and although it does not blind the driver directly, it blinds the incoming party indirectly by creating excessive light and glare on the road.

Stop being irresponsible drivers.
    As you might notice: I quoted you and then gave you an explanation on why your statement is incorrect. I ended that post with a strong message that simply slapping HIDs on improper housings is an irresponsible act. I typed there "stop being irresponsible drivers", I never intended the message to be a name-call. I'm pretty sure I didn't typed there "stop being an irresponsible driver".

P.S. Self-righteous? I was never smug nor infallible nor have I claimed to be be the go-to-guy in HIDs. But I do know if somebody's doing it improperly thanks to reading a lot of automotive lighting articles and, as a fellow motoring enthusiast, it's simply wrong to not correct false information. All I did was present facts on what happens when you simply throw an HID in a halogen projector.. and I can always expound on that.

EDIT: Alright peeps.. let's move on na.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 31st, 2013 at 02:23 PM.