New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Hi All,

I have a friend that's interested in getting a local unit of the 2014 Toyota Prado 4.0L V6.

Anyone have one here?

How does its features compare to the grey market units? Because before, I remember grey market units have more toys on it.

Also, is there any news of the 2015 Toyota Prado?

Any feedback would be great!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Prado was just facelifted this year.

Bec. of JPEPA, the price of the local unit Prado Gas has been reduced. I think this makes it competitive cost-wise vis a vis the grey market units.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Prado was just facelifted this year.

Bec. of JPEPA, the price of the local unit Prado Gas has been reduced. I think this makes it competitive cost-wise vis a vis the grey market units.
    thanks for the reply. aside from the price difference, do you know any other difference between the local 4.0 v6 unit vs the comparable grey market 4.0l v6 unit?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    The features on the grey units depends on which individual or shop imported them. I have noticed some variation. You may need to canvass around for this.

Also they don't import Gas (2.7li or 4.0li) units as much as the diesel (3.0). Diesel has higher demand esp. the ultra high-end TX-L variant.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree with number001. Different gray market importer, different specs. Gotta check.

The Diesel has a higher demand despite being about P1M more expensive. Try getting a test drive of both the 4L V6 and 3L D-4D.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    if you are getting the 4.0 gasoline variant, i suggest getting the tmpi version . price difference is not much and some parallel market units have lesser options than the tmpi version. plus you get tmpi warranty.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    if you are getting the 4.0 gasoline variant, i suggest getting the tmpi version . price difference is not much and some parallel market units have lesser options than the tmpi version. plus you get tmpi warranty.
    Great. My friend just got their tmpi unit a few weeks ago. So far everything is good. Although we noticed that the tmpi doesnt seem to have the air suspension. Is this true?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Does anyone have an idea on when the all new prado will be released?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIII View Post
    Does anyone have an idea on when the all new prado will be released?
    i came up with this one after a quick search.
    Details on the 2016 Toyota Prado leak out

looks like its going to be a facelift and not an all new model.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    What is the fuel consumption of the Gas Variant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast