New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    To all owners of the all-new toyota vios
    Please share your opinions why you chose this from the other subcompacts category.
    What were your other options & why you ended up purchasing this instead of its competitors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I was choosing between the mirage, accent hb and the fiesta. But never the vios because of its mass market appeal. The mirage still has the starter problem and the fiesta has its euro appeal.

Test drove the mirage and fiesta but not the accent hb. I was not satisfied with the acceleration from stop. And brakes where a bit spongy. No need to test drive the accent because everyhody knows its a monster in terms of power. But im kinda thrown off with the after sales service of hyundai specially warranty claims.

So i went to toyota, test drove the managers vios g m/t unit. I was amazed on how it looks and feel spacious inside. The brakes are very very hood. In short, took home a vios g a/t after waiting 3 days for a orange mettalic unit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    i agree with the vios' mass appeal, being used in fleet,etc. but for me it is a good proof for quality. taxi companies don't use something thats not durable & is not fuel efficient.
    the Accent was also my option since it looks good on the street, my only concern is the after sales. I've heard many complaints: soft suspension & the knocking problems esp with the 2011 model.although HARI claimed they had already fixed it.still,too risky for me.
    The Rio also looks good but most users claim it has a not so good FC.they barely reach 10km/L
    1main reason we chose a subcompact is for economy reasons.
    the new Fiesta was also another option, what stopped me was the backseat space, it was tight for my family to fit in.also,the aftersales,its price & availability of parts & PMS.
    Honda City was the nearest competitor..but more expensive than the vios although with the same quality.
    in short,i chose the vios for the following reasons:
    1. price
    2. cheaper maintenance
    3. easy availability of parts
    4. fuel efficiency
    5. durability, since its a toyota (tested in taxi fleets)
    6. newer model (better looking than previous gen)
    7. no headaches (less likely to make you regret with your decision)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The cityn is already an outgoing model. Its due to be replaced soon, the new jazz is coming next year, the city should follow next.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Has anyone compared the 2013 Vios with Mirage G4?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and what about the almera?

btw, when i checked out the almera and the mirage, i got initially shocked.... looking at the engine bay, the front metal wheel wells ("tambol") have been replaced by plastic. and was that industrial styrofoam in between the mirage's sheet metal spaces?

oh well... i'm still feeling them over... re-visiting the casas to get a feel of the cars...

vios vs. almera vs. mirage.. difficult choices..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Has anyone compared the 2013 Vios with Mirage G4?
    The Mirage G4 looks like the 2nd gen vios (sideview). It has a 1.2L engine. They say it has bigger interior space than the vios & city. Also, It also has more accessories than the vios. Most importantly, it is cheaper than the vios.
    Definitely it would also be reliable like other japanese cars since it's a Mitsubishi.
    I have yet to see one on the streets.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My only complaint with the Mirage is design. Everytime I see a Mirage, I can't get over those 90's looking door handles and the way they're positioned so low in proportion to the overall design. While the Vios seems to be moving forward in design. Otherwise it should be a reliable brand.

I do feel that Mitsubishi regular maintenance is more expensive than usual (our Lancer vs our Sentra) as their casa required additional jobs (e.g. wheel alignment) but this could be good or bad... (good for the car bad for the wallet).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Roomier than the lancer & civic....

"Very noteworthy was how Mitsubishi engineers cleverly configured the relatively small car to be really spacious. It boasts of having a total leg room (front and rear) of 1,725mm, making the G4 roomier than a Lancer EX or a Honda Civic from the larger C-segment, therefore significantly more than a Toyota Vios. It however loses to the Almera which is a significantly longer and much heavier car. Trunk capacity measures in at 450 liters, a good 30 liters more than a Lancer EX. It loses out to the Vios which holds up to 475 liters but is not too far off an Accent which has a capacity of 459 liters."

Read more: http://www.autoindustriya.com/featur...#ixzz2iawS6mVa

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    and what about the almera?

btw, when i checked out the almera and the mirage, i got initially shocked.... looking at the engine bay, the front metal wheel wells ("tambol") have been replaced by plastic. and was that industrial styrofoam in between the mirage's sheet metal spaces?

oh well... i'm still feeling them over... re-visiting the casas to get a feel of the cars...

vios vs. almera vs. mirage.. difficult choices..
    Its the same with the vios, the front wheel well has styrofoam and fiberish material. I think its to insulate from noise and vibration. I first saw this on camrys in between the front fender and inner fender.

One more thing i dont like with the mirage and maybe the g4. The steering wheel was slow on centering itself after coming out of a turn. Both vios and mirage has eps.

The eps of the vios lessens as speed increases, from 120kph onwards, i feel that assist is nonexist. This gives a more stable feel when i run it at 170kph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2013 Toyota Vios (3rd Gen) vs Other Subcompacts