New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    The Camry has always been one of Toyota's flagship products the world over. My wish for the all-new Camry:

1. Tune the ride. Especially in the rear passenger area. It's a nice drive and ride up front but riding the rear is just too bumpy for a car in this class. I can't even read a newspaper due to the harshness. I'm pretty sure it's about tuning and not about the design.

2. I wish that the 2.4 version (now 2.5) has the same fuel economy as its predecessor. I had the previous Camry on loan for a couple of weeks. I was able to get away with 11 km/l 90% highway.

FC should be almost the same with the previous gen camry.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    how is the fuel consumption of the camry? yun sa 3.5q? cant decide which to get kasi yun 2.5v naman parang kinulang sa specs ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Got a chance to drive a 2012 Camry 2.5 yesterday morning from Batangas City to Santa Rosa. Before my friend (from the Metrobank Group) allowed me to test drive, I rode with him in the back seat, while his driver took us to Batangas City for brunch. I was not able to see it during the launch, nor have I had the luck to see one on the road. I was told that there's a long list of VIPs waiting for this vehicle. Other than seeing some photos here in the boards, this was my very first chance to actually see the car. Here are my 'quick and dirty' impressions:

Aesthetics:
    The New Camry 2.5 is very basic, almost corolla-ish. It essentially looks like a blown-up Corolla Altis. An Altis on steroids. No bells and whistles, just your average four-door sedan.

Though a bit 'cleaner' than the previous model, the new Camry's dashboard is simple and clutter free.

You have simple to read dials, tach on the left, speedometer in the middle, fuel/temp gauge on the right side. It has, again, your basic computer read-out in a light-green back lit LCD which shows your cruising range and your average fuel consumption. I also noticed an active LED bar gauge on the right edge of the temp gauge which shows how heavy your foot is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The steering wheel is still the standard faux wood and leather combination ubiquitous to Toyota, I was wondering though why the leather wrapped around the steering wheel was black, while the leather upholstery was brown.

Test Drive:
    One huge improvement from the old Camry is its rear suspension. We both sat in the rear, while the driver drove down to Batangas City passing SLEX and the STAR Toll way. The Camry passed the boorish STAR Toll way with flying colours. While sitting behind, you have your typical Camry creature comforts. Armrest with cup holders and tray, adjustable seats, reading lights, A/C vents, auto sun-shade in the rear and manual sun shades in the windows.

After a quick brunch in the city, I asked my friend if I could drive this time.

The New Camry felt a little bit more planted than its predecessor. Still not a driver's drive, driving the Camry is better left to chauffeurs. Steering wheel feel is about the same as the old one and transmission is as silky smooth. The only time I felt the transmission 'searching' was when you let the accelerator off to coast. Unlike the previous Camry, the new transmission has a noticeable downshift particularly when the road is on a decline.

I was told not to stick to one speed per break-in instructions from the owner's manual. So, I ran the vehicle between 90 to 120 km/h in the toll way. Passing slower vehicles was a breeze, while passing faster vehicles felt ill at ease. The engine needed a little more whine, a little more grunt between 110 to 120 km/h.

At tollway speeds, the Camry felt stable, despite strong gusty crosswinds, it was very easy to keep the Camry in a straight line. Slowing down to pay toll, the brakes were very smooth, needing very little pressure to stop the car. Road noise was kept low, perhaps due to the choice of tires, despite the choppy tarmac of STAR.

Conclusion:

With a gamut of vehicles to choose from in this segment, the all-new Camry lacked the flair it once had when it was introduced in the country. But for the Camry still exudes the success and the prestige one feels owning one. Very suitable for the status-conscious Filipino.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi tsikoteers! Any updates on this thread? May mga owners na ba ng 2012 Camry dito?

I was searching a club / organization of the Toyota Camry but it seems there is none hehe...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ive been seeing a lot of new camry's lately and some of them are modded already! Looks very nice imho, especially the front fascia... Looks very executive in black, stunning too.. But very subtle in silver.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    There is no temp gauge in the instrument cluster. Its actually a fuel consumption gauge.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    I had a chance to take a look at the 2012 Camry 2.5V variant last week in Toyota San Fernando Pampanga.

Looks a lot like a Lexus... Simple yet elegant.

We're getting one in White Pearl color and hoping that it would arrive in a few weeks. I'll keep this thread updated. Looking forward for more 2012 Camry owners here in Tsikot!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ Walang magawa sa pera ah...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    ^ Idol Kenneth kamusta na? :D

Nabenta na kasi yung Fortuner

Was torn between the Sonata and the Camry pero ayun nauwi kami sa Toyota

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan591 View Post
    ^ Idol Kenneth kamusta na? :D

Nabenta na kasi yung Fortuner

Was torn between the Sonata and the Camry pero ayun nauwi kami sa Toyota
    Ito buhay pa

Okay na yan Camry kinuha niyo, baka magsisi kayo sa FC ng Sonata eh. Haha! Tsaka mas rare ang Camry.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
2012 Toyota Camry