New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    A good driver is someone who knows how to practice DISCIPLINE....

Dahil nga ang sabi nila kapag ikaw na ang nasa manibela ng kotse mo, lumalabas ang pagkatao mo sa pagmamaneho mo!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    A good driver is someone who knows how to practice DISCIPLINE....

Dahil nga ang sabi nila kapag ikaw na ang nasa manibela ng kotse mo, lumalabas ang pagkatao mo sa pagmamaneho mo!

This is so TRUE

It is also in driving where you will know if you have Hypertension or not

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    base dun sa mga sticker.. basta good driver ay sweet lover..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    being a good driver, kailangan igalang mo rin ang rights ng ibang driver and other road users at hwag mag cut ng alanganin sa daan
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    The question came to mind today after a friend of mine and I pulled up behind an SUV after making a u-turn to park on that side of the road. Upon seeing us trying to park properly to safely stay out of traffic, the driver politely moved his SUV forward to help us fit our large pick-up in the tight space.

After seeing this rare gesture my friend exclaimed: "Yan ang driver! Marunong umintindi..".

This made me think. What does make a good driver? Is it the driver who knows how to drive defensively? Is it a driver that can take a corner like a pro? Or is it the driver who can control his temper behind the wheel? Or maybe it's the driver who knows how to take care of his ride inside out?

What does make a good driver?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    siguro sa akin... patience, patience at patience

& one more.... disiplina.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I agree that patience is a virtue, but if everyone is taking advantage of your patience, then it makes you less of a person. Talaga kasing taal na sa ilan nating mga kapwa driver ang manlamang sa kapwa driver.

A good driver is someone who has steadfast discipline. Somebody who follows traffic rules all the time, but is occasionally considerate. Adaptable to the ever-changing and (all-the-time) unique road conditions and has a good sense of anticipation.

4606:rock:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *CVT: I beg to disagree. If everyone is taking advantage of your patience, it doesn't make you less of a person, just more patient than others. They're the ones who are being less of a person, but if you were the "victim" try not to let that happen na rin I guess. It doesn't make you less of a person, just more frustrated and disappointed at everybody else.

For me lang, a driver has to adhere to certain standards set by the law and government. It is up to him personally whether he'd follow the law or not, and up to law enforcement to catch him or not. Note that I just said "a driver," because a good driver adheres to these standards, and goes beyond the call of duty by being considerate to other drivers, having good situational awareness at all times and one who is patient enough to yield and not add to the misery that our road conditions have.

Common road courtesy, obedience to traffic rules, yielding to pedestrians, helping other motorists, realizing your own mistake, etc - these are fundamentals that all drivers must have, the standard if you will. So if some driver goes beyond these by, for example, preventing road rage through patience and experience, then he will make it easier for everybody by preventing any more provocation on the part of the "bad driver".

There are so many ways drivers can be bad that it's not too often you see a good one. There can be numerous examples of regular drivers, however. I guess this is also in part due to the fact that good drivers are only realized when there's a situation and the good drivers respond beyond their responsibilities. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by mbeige; November 26th, 2007 at 09:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    *CVT: I beg to disagree. If everyone is taking advantage of your patience, it doesn't make you less of a person, just more patient than others. They're the ones who are being less of a person, but if you were the "victim" try not to let that happen na rin I guess. It doesn't make you less of a person, just more frustrated and disappointed at everybody else.

Hahaha bro.,- I like the way you look at things!

Whew! still laughing while thinking about it.....

You have a good day(or night).....Thanks.

4606:rock:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    What makes a good driver??

-- has good manners when driving
    -- doesn't race on the streets
    -- defensive driver
    -- knows how to use the clutch when shifting
    -- shifts very smoothly in order to make his passenger's ride as comfortable as possible
    -- can predict ETA (estimated time arrival) to destination
    -- versed with parallel parking in single try
    -- can anticipate the unexpected
    -- pedestrian first mentality
    -- abides the law
    -- it's me, nahhh....just kidding...^^

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Good: Somebody who follows strictly the driving rules in California.
    Best: Somebody who follows strictly the driving rules in Florida. oh yes, hindi sumakit ulo ko doon! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What makes a good driver?