New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    so what does this mean ba sir mazdamazda yun 38% comprises yun lahat ng vehicles sa P'nas and of course yun other industries that needs oil?

I'm quite surprised but relieved too. Eto yun pino-portray ng media na we're all doomed kapag tumataas ng tumaas ang presyo ng langis, pero 38% lang pala yun. And we, Filipinos, now feel betrayed & neglected by the govt bec. of those inaccurate news reporting.

Well yan ang isang reality sa Pinas!!!! MEDIA tends to report the stories which will be a sure hit to Buy their papers and improved their ratings instead of reporting the good ones! Try visiting some of the govt.website i.e DOE, SEC, BIR, PNOC and we could see there the planned and completed Projects that we Filipinos deserved to have.....hey,am not a Govt employee nor Officials, am just an ordinary private working class here. ..am just too tired of the daily news and talks about politics. I think it's about time to give our real worth for our country coz we pinoys deserved to be progressive too.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    so what does this mean ba sir mazdamazda yun 38% comprises yun lahat ng vehicles sa P'nas and of course yun other industries that needs oil?

I'm quite surprised but relieved too. Eto yun pino-portray ng media na we're all doomed kapag tumataas ng tumaas ang presyo ng langis, pero 38% lang pala yun. And we, Filipinos, now feel betrayed & neglected by the govt bec. of those inaccurate news reporting.
    Yup... it covers the consumption for personal (e.g. motor vehicles) & industrial (e.g. powerplants) usage.

If only we have pushed on with the use of Nuclear Power Plants, this would have lessened our dependence on imported oil.

I just saw this in a tiny corner of the Business section of the Philippine Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs
    Well yan ang isang reality sa Pinas!!!! MEDIA tends to report the stories which will be a sure hit to Buy their papers and improved their ratings instead of reporting the good ones! Try visiting some of the govt.website i.e DOE, SEC, BIR, PNOC and we could see there the planned and completed Projects that we Filipinos deserved to have.....hey,am not a Govt employee nor Officials, am just an ordinary private working class here. ..am just too tired of the daily news and talks about politics. I think it's about time to give our real worth for our country coz we pinoys deserved to be progressive too.
    I've been doing that regularly... am even suprised that a lot of our government agencies already have regularly updated websites.

Yes, there are a lot of bad eggs out there in the government. But you do have to appreciate the effort of the others.

Nice one mazdamazda

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=oldblue] 1st: "When a door closes, another one opens"

let me add something: "when a door closes we looked at the closed door for so long that we didnt noticed another door opens.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Good news ba?!

Aren't you all happy that we can still access and post here sa Tsikot?

ciao.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    GOOD NEWS: Today is my better-half Birthday: I love you sweetheart.
    Will sing our night together with our close friend at Red Box.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silhouette
    Good news ba?!

Aren't you all happy that we can still access and post here sa Tsikot?

ciao.
    Happy ako dyan bro! Kase yung NissanBayan site na temporarily shutdown just this year, buti nalang binuhay ulit. Thank God!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ENERGY
    The Philippines' energy sector is relatively dynamic. Major reforms are underway, as are projects to electrify isolated villages, to reduce the Philippines' dependence on imported oil, and to change the relative composition of fuel consumption. The government has created the Philippine Energy Plan (PEP) 2000-2009 with the following major goals: 1) to increase domestic petroleum production to become at least 50% energy self-sufficient by 2004; 2) to accelerate completion of the "O Ilaw" rural electrification program, which stipulates 100% electrification by 2004; 3) to implement structural reforms to increase private-sector investment so as to meet projected energy requirements in electricity; 4) to create a policy framework for the natural gas industry; and 5) to continue to deregulate the downstream oil sector.

OIL

Graph of Philippine Oil Production and Consumption 1980-2000. Having problems, call our National Energy Information Center at 202-586-8800 for help.

The Philippines began 2001 producing an average of only 1,000 barrels per day (bbl/d) of oil. Production jumped to 20,000 bbl/d by October, and reached 22,000 bbl/d by year's end. This dramatic increase was due primarily to the discovery of new deep-sea oil deposits beneath the natural gas-bearing structures in the Malampaya field. But while new hydrocarbon discoveries will significantly reduce the Philippines' oil import bill, the country is still a highly dependent net oil importer. The Philippines consumed 356,000 bbl/d on average in 2001 and produced 8,460 bbl/d, resulting in net oil imports of 347,540 bbl/d.

This dependence on imported oil makes the Philippine economy vulnerable to sudden spikes in world oil prices. For example, the Philippine oil import bill increased over 70% during the first eight months of 2000. The Philippine Institute of Petroleum estimates that local oil companies lost between 3.5-4.0 billion pesos in 2000 due to their inability to adjust petroleum prices to fully reflect the increased cost of imported oil and foreign exchange depreciation. Oil consumption is expected to increase by 5.9% annually over the next several years as economic growth increases demand in most sectors. Oil demand for power generation, however, is expected to decline by over 50% by 2011, as the government retires aging oil-fired electric power plants and switches to natural gas and alternative power sources.

Despite small proven oil reserves, the Philippines has enjoyed a recent wave of optimism amongst domestic and foreign drillers. In October of 2001, exploration underneath the Malampaya gas field revealed an estimated 85 million barrels of oil condensate. Shell Philippines Exploration (SPEX) has committed $4.5 billion to the combined oil/natural gas project, and anticipates potential crude oil production of 35,000-50,000 bbl/d by 2003. In addition, six new offshore explorations have commenced in the Malampaya basin, led by Nido Petroleum, Philippines National Oil Company Exploration Corp., Trans-Asia Oil, Unocal Corp., and Philodril. Also, Trans-Asia has conducted exploratory drilling at the San Isidro well in the East Visayan Basin. This area may contain as much as 60 million barrels of oil according to some estimates. The Philippine government estimates reserves of up to 246 million barrels in northwestern Palawan, and 37.4 million barrels in the Minduro-Cuyo basin. The Philippines National Oil Company also expects to begin drilling in Lagao, Lambayong province in July of 2002, seeking an estimated 561 million barrels of oil.

ENERGY OVERVIEW

Proven Oil Reserves (1/1/04E): 152 million barrels
    Oil Production (2003E): 26,000 bbl/d, of which 25,000 bbl/d was crude oil
    Oil Consumption (2003E): 338,000 bbl/d
    Net Oil Imports (2003E): 312,000 bbl/d
    Crude Oil Refining Capacity (1/01/04E): 333,000 bbl/d
    Natural Gas Reserves (1/1/04E): 3.8 trillion cubic feet
    Natural Gas Production and Consumption: (2002E): 70.6 billion cubic feet
    Recoverable Coal Reserves (2002E): 366 million short tons
    Coal Production (2002E): 1.9 million short tons
    Coal Consumption (2002E): 5.7 million short tons
    Electric Generation Capacity (1/1/02E): 13.4 gigawatts (GW)
    Electricity Generation (2002E): 45.6 billion kilowatthours (bkwh) (61.9% thermal, 15.8% hydro, and 22.2% geothermal)
    Electricity Consumption (2002E): 42.4 bkwh
    Last edited by mikaztro; July 7th, 2005 at 10:47 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sarap basahin lalo naif the comment came from others....

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-48...oL?from=-19#19

by Mrs M Toldnęs from Norway
    I fell in love at the first time!!! Boracay is the best place me and my husband have ever been to!!! We have travelled a lot, but nothing can match this! The standard on the hotels is not very good, if you compare them to European hotels, but who cares, when you almost sleep on the white beach!!!?? We stayed at Willy`s beach resort for almost two weeks in november 2004, and can recomend that. We are coming back with some of our friends for two weeks in april 2005, so I see you there!!! ;O)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good news: bumaba electric usage sa bahay he he...nakatipid din ako ng 2k (tapos na kasi summer kaya pahinga na mga aircon) ang babaw! he he

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Some Good News...