New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 632 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    If only to tell them how disappointed you are at their "service", you might demand a full refund now and cross the street over to Toyota...
    Heh heh..
    how long does it usually take a car owner that he bought a lemon car?
    i remember one suzuki alto owner who got a lemon car and suzuki wont fix/replace it. iirc he posted it on facebook and got all the attention then the rest was history .. eepek pa kaya ito?

-ninjababez-

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    how long does it usually take a car owner that he bought a lemon car?
    i remember one suzuki alto owner who got a lemon car and suzuki wont fix/replace it. iirc he posted it on facebook and got all the attention then the rest was history .. eepek pa kaya ito?

-ninjababez-
    Pwede pa siguro basta valid complaint and just document everything. And willing ka to go to all the legalities.

Ertiga has ground clearance of only 185mm while the avanza has 200mm. Mas gusto ko ang ground clearance ng avanza sa baha.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dandang View Post
    Pwede pa siguro basta valid complaint and just document everything. And willing ka to go to all the legalities.

Ertiga has ground clearance of only 185mm while the avanza has 200mm. Mas gusto ko ang ground clearance ng avanza sa baha.
    noob question:
    would changing the tires and rims help reach higher ground clearance?
    this is my understanding about rims and tires kasi, once you go from 14" to 16" you need to use thinner/slimmer tires, ganun ba yun? or you can change your rims then still use thicker tires (ofcourse it should also fit your new rims)? that way mapataas mo yung ground clearance nya.

-ninjababez-

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=ninjababez;2378985]noob question:
    would changing the tires and rims help reach higher ground clearance?
    this is my understanding about rims and tires kasi, once you go from 14" to 16" you need to use thinner/slimmer tires, ganun ba yun? or you can change your rims then still use thicker tires (ofcourse it should also fit your new rims)? that way mapataas mo yung ground clearance nya.

It is easy to change rims and tires to increase ground clearance. But the new problem would be, the new combination might result in the tires rubbing onto the body or chassis, especially during turning.
    Kanya-kanyang clearance figures ang mga kotse..
    You will have to consult the experts on this..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Ano model avanza nyo and how much were you able to sell it? Hanap din ako just in case wala rin stock sa ertiga glx. GL meron stock. Yup ecosport wala din stock ang matic nila puros manual. Kung sino na lang mauna.
    avanza E MT 2012 una binenta ko 530 kaso tagal wala bumibili hehe! sama din kse ng feedback sa avanza...tapos binenta ko na ng 450k buy n sell na lang bumili..hehe! atleast meron na ako pang down sa ertiga....mgaantay n lang ako kesa mapunta pa sa avanza or spin ulit,....worth it naman tong ertiga meron na suzuki ertiga philippines tignan nyo na lang...sa suzuki ertiga thailand dami nila members almost 300,000 + hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    My ford escape has a ground clearance of 200mm. But i'm not confident going to a flood with her. At midwheel, isang alon lang baka pumasok na sa loob. Ertiga, and most sedans, have the same vulnerability I guess.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ground clearance means almost nothing in a flood, unless you're crossing against a strong current (which, no matter how high your flooring is... you should never do.

What really matters is air intake height.

-

Case in point: Ford Escape. The Escape and my CR-V are notorious for having low air intakes for their height. Both have air intakes below headlight level. Which isn't any higher than low sedans that have their intakes at hood level.

For further information:

Survival Guide: Driving Through Floods 101
    (wrote this before I went to Top Gear, but it's still relevant today)
    Last edited by niky; July 25th, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Niky,

Agree ako sa iyo, the air intake's location is crucial.

Taken for granted that the air intake is somewhere higher, but the moment water breaches into cabin, we had a bad day. And I don't count on the rubber seals/gaskets around the doors to keep the yukky water out.

But my APV has it all going for me. As long as the flood is just above midwheel, I can swim with her anytime. Ilang baha sa Marcos at sa Sumulong hiway ang tinahak namin, di niya ako binigo. Siyempre, pa-underwash ko agad.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    Niky,

But my APV has it all going for me. As long as the flood is just above midwheel, I can swim with her anytime. Ilang baha sa Marcos at sa Sumulong hiway ang tinahak namin, di niya ako binigo. Siyempre, pa-underwash ko agad.
    bro re:underwash. immediate ba dapat or pwede after a week or a couple of days?

-ninjababez-

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well decided to get the ertiga. Meron pala ka isa isang unit na glx dumating. Will get it tomorrow. I prefer the high ground clearance primarily for parking specially the stoppers na matataas. Yung h.city namin lagi sumasabit yung bumper. And the high ramps na lagi rin sumasayad ang bumper ng city. The ertiga is an inch higher so it will definitely lessen the sayad.

Suzuki Ertiga - 7 seater MPV