New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Maruti Suzuki to Recall Over 100,000 A-Star (nee CELERIO) Cars

By SANTANU CHOUDHURY
    NEW DELHI -- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. said Tuesday it will recall more than 100,000 units of its A-Star small cars to replace a defective part in the fuel tank. The news caused shares of India's biggest auto maker by sales to decline as much as 4.4%.

The recall, which will also include exported A-Star cars, will be done to replace the "fuel pump gasket and Q ring," said a spokesman at the local unit of Suzuki Motor Corp.

The A-Star was introduced in India in November 2008.

Maruti's recall follows close on the heels of a similar move by Honda Motor Co's local unit. On Jan. 30, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. said it will recall 8,532 City sedans made in 2007 because of defective power-window switches that can cause a fire.

Globally, Toyota Motor Corp. recently recalled eight million cars while Honda Motor recalled several hundred thousand cars to fix airbag issues as well as defective power-window switches.

The Maruti spokesman didn't disclose the cost of the recall, but said the final cost will be shared with the part supplier.

"In case fuel is filled up to the brim, beyond the fuel auto cut off position, a possible fuel leakage from the fuel pump mounting area may take place," the spokesman said, adding that the company is yet to receive any complaints from customers.

"As a proactive step, we decided to check all vehicles from the lot, around 100,000 units, including those exported."

He said the defect was noticed last November in some vehicles and the company began contacting customers by December 2009. The affected vehicles belong to a lot manufactured until Aug. 22, 2009.

"We are midway through the checking activity and hope to complete it soon," the spokesman said.

Shares of Maruti fell as much 4.4% on news of the recall. They closed 3.2% lower at 1,336.85 rupees ($29) on the Bombay Stock Exchange, compared with the benchmark index that remained unchanged.

Write to Santanu Choudhury at santanu.choudhury*dowjones.com

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    so ang suggestion ko as of now to Celerio owners, huwag munang magpapa-full tank. 3/4 lang muna max fuel niyo. tingin ko hindi kasi magrerecall dito.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    so ang suggestion ko as of now to Celerio owners, huwag munang magpapa-full tank. 3/4 lang muna max fuel niyo. tingin ko hindi kasi magrerecall dito.

Narecall un unit namin at pinalitan nga nila un O ring ng fuel tank. it took them 2 hrs to replace it then car wash for free no cost at all. Ang nasayang lang sa akin un time ko at un gasoline na ginamit ko to bring it back to their workshop.

Unlike noon sa Nokia recall on their defective battery sila talaga nag papunta ng LBC to pick up and replace the battery.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by awoo View Post
    sir ilang inches lapad ng mags 6.5 or 7?

7 un lapad ng mags. medyo labas sa body nya pero tingin ko ok naman dating free nitro pa for 12 months. Di ko lang alam kung pano mag post ng photo dito kaya di ko na ilagay at saka mag convert pa ako para lang paliitin un byte ng photo (tinatamad ako eh).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eryxon View Post
    7 un lapad ng mags. medyo labas sa body nya pero tingin ko ok naman dating free nitro pa for 12 months. Di ko lang alam kung pano mag post ng photo dito kaya di ko na ilagay at saka mag convert pa ako para lang paliitin un byte ng photo (tinatamad ako eh).

hehe cge sir salamt sa info ganyan na lng din ang bilin ko size :0 kung may chance sir bka pwede pa send email picts awoo_12*yahoo.com

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir/Ma'am,

I just bought a Celerio this afternoon, for delivery on Saturday ... this will be a 3rd car in the household, and will be mainly use by my father ... i purchased the upgraded model, which has a backup sensor and upgraded audio system w/ DVD and TV tuner ... i'd just like to ask a few things as i was only able to view the Celerio in a showroom for a short time, and it was my dad who wanted to get the Celerio over the other choices (i10 and Getz)

1. What is the make and model of the upgraded audio system that is included in their gold promo? I'd just like to check the features over the net ... i'd particularly like to know if it has ipod connectivity

2. i'd like to upgrade to mag wheels with the same 14-inch size as the original ...any suggestions if where to buy and how much? ... i do not want to upgrade to 15-inch rims as my boss who has a Celerio upgraded to 15-inch mag wheels mentioned that his Celerio became a 2-seater after the upgrade, because the wheels at the rear are touching the body when persons are seating at the back

3. Regarding the alarm system ... the dealer (Macapagal Ave.) is selling the alarm system for 4.5k ...i'd like to ask if the alarm system their selling integrates to the key-less entry system, meaning it will use the original remotes for the key-less entry system, and there's no separate remote when the alarm is installed ...the alarm can be purchased and installed at a cheaper price outside, but they would be using a separate remote control

TIA

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for this great thread and for the comments. It helped a lot in our
    decision-making. My wife just bought her second car, a Celerio A/T.
    I know maraming comment vs. A/T but she wanted an upgrade. Her car of
    10 yrs now, a Sentra LEC/PS is M/T.

Our initial choices were: Jazz, Picanto, i10 and Celerio. I was able to test
    drive all except the Jazz dahil wala daw test drive unit yung casa (weird)
    so paupo-upo lang kami sa display. My wife did not like the SA (she was
    ma-ere) and said that the Jazz looks like a big Ice Shaver. The SA at Kia,
    Hyundai and Suzuki were very accommodating, within 15 mins of sales talk
    gusto na agad ipa-road test ang mga units nila.

My wife's take: the Picanto, looks sooo yr 2005 daw, the i10 was great
    pero the turn off was the waiting time (2 to 3 mos. and not sure if our color
    will be available at such time) the only available unit was the display
    (a blue one) and the unit for road test. If we wanted the blue one daw
    they can reserve it for us. My wife wanted a lady's color.

Now, at Suzuki my wife fell in love with the Fortune Rose Celerio. The
    handling was easy and light like the i10. My only concern was the legroom
    sa likod. I'm 5'7'' and though my knees did not touch backrest of the front
    seat my foot had no more room underneath. Another reason that made us
    go for the A/T was the M/T stick was set so low, you had to reach for
    it. I know sanayan lang yan pero we decided na A/T na talaga.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *Dfender nice purchase.. celerio si a good choice

*raptormnl regarding mags.. you can find either Brand new or 2ndhand mags at Blumentritt manila or P.tuazon cubao...
    regarding alarm, afaik keyless entry are included., even when you buy outside casa standard alarms include central locking and keyless entry....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    maganda celerio... we went to anvaya cove driving the a/t celerio kaya naman niya kahit pataas... 3 passengers... kailangan lang sagarin ang gas para magdownshift... sa sctex it did 130kph at 3800rpm-400rpm and it was very stable... parang 80 lang takbo mo... great car for its price...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzel View Post
    *Dfender nice purchase.. celerio si a good choice

*raptormnl regarding mags.. you can find either Brand new or 2ndhand mags at Blumentritt manila or P.tuazon cubao...
    regarding alarm, afaik keyless entry are included., even when you buy outside casa standard alarms include central locking and keyless entry....
    what i meant about the alarm is that i want an alarm system that integrates to the key-less entry system and central lock, so that they do not have to wire to the console panel and doors of the brand new car ... i've asked a store selling alarm systems, and they mentioned that they basically have to re-wire and replace the remote controls - that makes the remote control integrated in the keys useless.

i had a bad experience with having an alarm system and central locking mechanism installed on a brand new car, way back my first car in mid-90's

Suzuki CELERIO [merged threads]