New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 179 of 267 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2666
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by [JaNuS] View Post
    anyone here knows if the shocks on the APV are gas or fluid? thanks.
    From what i remember, its oil-filled at the same time nitrogen-filled. idk what its called, gas-liquid shock maybe.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JonJon Villegas View Post
    nasanay ako sa kotse. Ganito ba talaga ang Van medyo mauga? hehe
    Has something to do with the wheelbase and narrower track i think. Parang hinihigop kapag may dumaang mabilis na truck. But.. the Jimny rides even more harsh due to the solid axles, pati steering wheel gumagalaw kapag dinaanan ng humahagibis na truck.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    From what i remember, its oil-filled at the same time nitrogen-filled. idk what its called, gas-liquid shock maybe.
    if it's nitrogen filled then gas type it is. just want to know sir how sure you are of that information. because i am planning on replacing my shocks with gas type. but if it is already gas type then no need for it. thanks.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    if it's nitrogen filled then gas type it is. just want to know sir how sure you are of that information. because i am planning on replacing my shocks with gas type. but if it is already gas type then no need for it. thanks.
    Cross-referencing part numbers from OEM manufacturer shows front as oil-type while rear plain hydraulic(i guess what they mean by hydraulic is also oil-type).

FR - 41601-61J00
    FL - 41602-61J00
    RR/RL - 41700-61J10

Last edited by 12vdc; April 16th, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Cross-referencing part numbers from OEM manufacturer shows front as oil-type while rear plain hydraulic(i guess what they mean by hydraulic is also oil-type).

FR - 41601-61J00
    FL - 41602-61J00
    RR/RL - 41700-61J10

did a little research myself... seems like the stock shocks are fluid... with the lowered suspension i don't think the fluid shocks will be able to handle it...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You lowered the van? Wonder how bouncy that is.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yes. haven't driven it though since it is being painted. that's why i am planning on changing the suspension to gas type to make it a little stiff to compensate with the lowering springs and reversed leaf springs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yes. haven't driven it though since it is being painted. that's why i am planning on changing the suspension to gas type to make it a little stiff to compensate with the lowering springs and reversed leaf springs.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sir - specifics on the lowering springs? i read somewhere it was similar to honda eg or accords.. not sure though.

thanks.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    sir - specifics on the lowering springs? i read somewhere it was similar to honda eg or accords.. not sure though.

thanks.
    actually the springs used for the front are surplus ones. not sure for what model. it is not 100% fit since the springs used is a little bigger (coils) compared to stock. i might add some rubber lifters since the drop is too low. only 1 finger clearance from the wheel well. will post pics once i get the height that i am aiming for.

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]