New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 124 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2666
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *olidotcom
    Nice tire/rim combo! I finally changed my front tires yesterday. I was inspecting the original front left tire yesterday and I saw a crack so I think it's really time for new tires.

*zipspeed
    My new tires are Kumho Radial 857s from TireDepot. Tire specs are 185R14C 100Q (original is 185/80R14 91S) so lower speed rating (Q at 160 km/h vs. S at 180 km/h) but higher load rating for the new tires. I learned that 185R14C is the same as 185/80R14. The "80" there at 185/80R14 is the aspect ratio. If there is no "80" it's understood that the tires have an aspect ratio of 80 (that's the default I think). I had them inflated at 35 front and 40 rear with nitrogen yesterday (TireDepot gives free nitrogen refill as long as you have the TireDepot sticker at your rear windshield). I get less road noise with the new tires and I do not lose much grip at sharp corners. Potholes and road imperfections are absorbed more effectively than the original tires. I tried driving my APV last night with 7 occupants plus bags and a big sack of clothes -- no problem!

If you are buying new tires, never go lower than the original 91 load rating even if you are only driving alone. I even think that the 91 load rating isn't really adequate when there are 7 adult occupants in the van plus their gear. It gets scary to drive more than 80 km/h with that load using original tires.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    a very nice review sir.. palagi ka palang may load sa APV mo... sakin kasi most of the time its only me and my wife that travels.

but in a long weekend or vacation, we have friends kaya masarap mag long drive dahil mas malambot at swabe ang travel ko due to heavier load.

but i got past 150kph along SCTEX last October 2011.. fun run namin from manila to subic with club suzuki philiippines. hehehe... i was still using my original steel tires and bridgestone shoes.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    a very nice review sir.. palagi ka palang may load sa APV mo... sakin kasi most of the time its only me and my wife that travels.

but in a long weekend or vacation, we have friends kaya masarap mag long drive dahil mas malambot at swabe ang travel ko due to heavier load.

but i got past 150kph along SCTEX last October 2011.. fun run namin from manila to subic with club suzuki philiippines. hehehe... i was still using my original steel tires and bridgestone shoes.
    Yeah hatid sundo ako minsan ng kapatid to and from school tapos minsan delivery tapos minsan sabay mga kabarkada ko from school pauwi. Pansin ko naunahan ko pa mag palit ng gulong sa APV ng mom ko. Mas gamit tsaka loaded sa akin kahit mas bago.

Mabilis bilis din naabot ng APV mo ah. Tumataas pa ba yung speed nung naka 150 ka? Stable parin ba? I never exceeded more than 130 km/h with my APV pero mas stable yung 2nd gen APV ko sa expressway compared sa 1st gen ng mom ko. Yung sa mom ko pag more than 100 km/h na parang lumilipad na SCTEX.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonbeamTURBO View Post
    Yeah hatid sundo ako minsan ng kapatid to and from school tapos minsan delivery tapos minsan sabay mga kabarkada ko from school pauwi. Pansin ko naunahan ko pa mag palit ng gulong sa APV ng mom ko. Mas gamit tsaka loaded sa akin kahit mas bago.

Mabilis bilis din naabot ng APV mo ah. Tumataas pa ba yung speed nung naka 150 ka? Stable parin ba? I never exceeded more than 130 km/h with my APV pero mas stable yung 2nd gen APV ko sa expressway compared sa 1st gen ng mom ko. Yung sa mom ko pag more than 100 km/h na parang lumilipad na SCTEX.

yes sir.. it was really stable... sorry i was looking for the video my wife took when we were at SCTEX last year.. di ko makita.. hehehe. if i can, ill post it here po..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yes sir.. it was really stable... sorry i was looking for the video my wife took when we were at SCTEX last year.. di ko makita.. hehehe. if i can, ill post it here po..
    That's good. Siguro malakas lang talaga hangin nun kaya parang hindi stable yung sa mom ko nung sa SCTEX.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    That's good. Siguro malakas lang talaga hangin nun kaya parang hindi stable yung sa mom ko nung sa SCTEX.
    i remembered one time at Skyway... last year when we were going home from work... nung malakas hangin..

I was southbound and the wind was eastboard.. crossing against the highway.. it was quite scary as hell when every gust of wind mararamdaman mo na pumapalo sa driver side ng APV... even my steering is being pushed to the right. That was when I was still using my orig steelies..

I havent experienced those winds as of yet but hoping my 215 sized wheels can handle it or hopefully decrease that experience.

parang pakiramdam ko that time isang malakas na hangin lang and with the correct degree of rise... baka mag side-flip kami.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    *zipspeed

If you are buying new tires, never go lower than the original 91 load rating even if you are only driving alone. I even think that the 91 load rating isn't really adequate when there are 7 adult occupants in the van plus their gear. It gets scary to drive more than 80 km/h with that load using original tires.
    Thanks for the advice MoonbeamTURBO.....original tires pa yung sakin ( 2005 model) and so far ok performance nya except that manipis na. Max na kami at 4 occupants but I will still consider the load rating.

Nagulat lang ako sa 35/40 tire pressure mo. Hindi ba cya matigas? Max ko na kasi ang 30 pressure for all eversince.

By the way how much ang kumho?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i remembered one time at Skyway... last year when we were going home from work... nung malakas hangin..

I was southbound and the wind was eastboard.. crossing against the highway.. it was quite scary as hell when every gust of wind mararamdaman mo na pumapalo sa driver side ng APV... even my steering is being pushed to the right. That was when I was still using my orig steelies..

I havent experienced those winds as of yet but hoping my 215 sized wheels can handle it or hopefully decrease that experience.

parang pakiramdam ko that time isang malakas na hangin lang and with the correct degree of rise... baka mag side-flip kami.
    Thats the same reason why I changed to 17s dati, after experiencing that sway sa skyway, natakot ako. With the 17s, I experience stable ride and konti na lang ang sway. I guess depende talaga sa lakas hangin and normally dun sya sa pinakamataas na portion ng skyway.

But as mentioned before, I went back to original shoes since habol ko is comfort....and mali din siguro 17 rim/tires combination ko. Sa skyway now I just slow down whenever there is strong wind.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aimphilippines View Post
    olidotcom

Salamat sa reply very helpfull.... plus points for APV sa akin.

To be honest, first choice ko talaga APV on top of innova at tucson. Ewan ko pero gandang ganda talaga ako sa APV lalo na yung taas at maluwag.. para sa akin UNBEATABLE talaga pag dating sa taas at luwag.

But again concern ko nga yung durability.

My first car was a 1.6 Nissan Sentra (1993) then Isuzu Corsswinds (2003) so ngayon 2012 - 2013 balak ko na magpalit.
    Sa dalawa na nging ride ko talgang hindi ako naga problema.... sanay ako na after 7 or 8 years pa lang nasisira ang sasakyan tapos minor lang... then kung masira sanay ako na madaling makabili ng piyesa sa kung saan saan na auto parts supplier (banaue / cubao).

So yun ang tipo na vehicle hinahanap ko na ipalit... If ever kasi wala pa 5 years may major parts na ako papalitan... sasama ang loob ko nun.

Hope meron pa mag post... para makatulong.

Finally!!!! I got my APV - SGX M.T [Color Black]

5 Days ko na minamaneho... wala ako masasabi so far na hindi ko gusto!!! Comparing it to my previous ride na XUV.... hands down APV na ako!!!

1. Mataas ang upo ng driver... kitang kita ang kalsada.
    2. Maganda humatak kahit puno
    3. Lamig lAMIG ng Aircon
    4. Ganda ng Speakers (Parang nasa sinehan ka kapag na nonood sa DIN DVD
    5. Spacious leg room. Yung front passenger pwede mo ma full strech ang leg mo.
    6. Ang mura ng PMS (1k is 1.8K / 5k 1.8 lang 10k 2.4k lang pinaka mahala na is 30k at 8.8k
    7. Madali sa U TURNS sa EDSA. Madali isingit sa trapik.

JOKE:
    "Wala na ako hahanapin pa sa APV... biro ng driver ko... sir kulang na lang "NGUSO" (kasi pango)."

Salamat sa mga feedback.... na kumbinse niyo ako... at habang tumatagal nagugustuhan ko yung new ride ko!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aimphilippines View Post
    Finally!!!! I got my APV - SGX M.T [Color Black]

5 Days ko na minamaneho... wala ako masasabi so far na hindi ko gusto!!! Comparing it to my previous ride na XUV.... hands down APV na ako!!!

1. Mataas ang upo ng driver... kitang kita ang kalsada.
    2. Maganda humatak kahit puno
    3. Lamig lAMIG ng Aircon
    4. Ganda ng Speakers (Parang nasa sinehan ka kapag na nonood sa DIN DVD
    5. Spacious leg room. Yung front passenger pwede mo ma full strech ang leg mo.
    6. Ang mura ng PMS (1k is 1.8K / 5k 1.8 lang 10k 2.4k lang pinaka mahala na is 30k at 8.8k
    7. Madali sa U TURNS sa EDSA. Madali isingit sa trapik.

JOKE:
    "Wala na ako hahanapin pa sa APV... biro ng driver ko... sir kulang na lang "NGUSO" (kasi pango)."

Salamat sa mga feedback.... na kumbinse niyo ako... at habang tumatagal nagugustuhan ko yung new ride ko!!!
    nice boss! congratz sa new APV nyo! enjoy mo lang sya boss! Godspeed! c",)

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]