New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 123 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2666
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    regarding tires.. not an expert sir -- honestly.

but to retain our soft and silent ride.. get a 1 to 2 ply nylon on the sidewalls only.. so the rubber will flex better on the road.. get the wheel rating of at least medium weight load with at least 120 to 150 kph speed rating.

just in comparison, my current westlake tires are 1ply nylon on sidewalls.. 2 ply nylon and 2ply steel with 180kph top speed rating and medium to high weight limit (for van type use)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    regarding tires.. not an expert sir -- honestly.

but to retain our soft and silent ride.. get a 1 to 2 ply nylon on the sidewalls only.. so the rubber will flex better on the road.. get the wheel rating of at least medium weight load with at least 120 to 150 kph speed rating.

just in comparison, my current westlake tires are 1ply nylon on sidewalls.. 2 ply nylon and 2ply steel with 180kph top speed rating and medium to high weight limit (for van type use)
    I was able to talk to one of the Tire Depot staff and she said the same thing about the ply. She said that since 8ply radial ang original tires, I should not get any tires with lower ply to protect the weight load. And now you also posted the same about these ratings....Great! since I never knew anything about this.

Akala ko dati basta palit ka lang ng tires of the same size ok na. So now at least I know what to select. Dati when I installed the 17s, any available tires lang ang kinabit namin... the ride was ok but the cushioning was compromised. Matagtag sya. So meaning mali ang specs nung dati.

She recommended Kumho for size 15, pero mahal na pala ngayon (4,990 ang isa). Will still look for others while checking out Rota Mags.

Thanks sir!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    happy to be of 'somewhat' -of-a-help sir.

anyway.. i didnt know either about those 'ply' specs.. alam ko lang dati.. steel ply is definitely more stronger compared to nylon ply sa gulong.. but problem is that steel belted plys needed to be inflated correctly.. pag malambot and matagal naka park ang sasakyan.. the wheels/steel belts tend to take the 'flat' shape of the road where in turn makes the wheel -non-circular.. so tendency nya mag -pa-talbog-talbog on the road.. (previously experienced with my Lancer)

anyway.. going back to wheels.. Kumho is a good brand as I have heard.. I have also been advised by friends to try out westlake (reason why i got them today).. and Nankang (ata or.. something with an "N" din) kalimutan ko na.. so sorry..

anyway.. post pics after sir! enjoy and safe driving!

iill try to post pics din sakin by tommorow.. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    here are some of my pictures..

PDW Mags with Westlake Tires, 215/50/17

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ---duplicate post---

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Ganda talaga ng 17s. Your tires doesnt look low even at 50 series. I also like the thread of the tires.

Pero I will settle muna sa 15s due to budget constraints.

Sir where did you buy those shoes? ano brand ng lug nuts nyo? meron palang pang 5 holes nyan or you bought 2 sets of 4s?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipspeed View Post
    I was able to talk to one of the Tire Depot staff and she said the same thing about the ply. She said that since 8ply radial ang original tires, I should not get any tires with lower ply to protect the weight load. And now you also posted the same about these ratings....Great! since I never knew anything about this.

Akala ko dati basta palit ka lang ng tires of the same size ok na. So now at least I know what to select. Dati when I installed the 17s, any available tires lang ang kinabit namin... the ride was ok but the cushioning was compromised. Matagtag sya. So meaning mali ang specs nung dati.

She recommended Kumho for size 15, pero mahal na pala ngayon (4,990 ang isa). Will still look for others while checking out Rota Mags.

Thanks sir!
    The maximum load that a tire can handle is printed on the side wall. Let that be your guide. Different construction methods (e.g. different number of plies, compounds, etc.) can result in different load ratings. Just get one that is within the gross weight of your unit (weight of car plus maximum payload).

Having more plies do help especially if you will use the vehicle for commercial/vocational purposes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipspeed View Post
    Ganda talaga ng 17s. Your tires doesnt look low even at 50 series. I also like the thread of the tires.

Pero I will settle muna sa 15s due to budget constraints.

Sir where did you buy those shoes? ano brand ng lug nuts nyo? meron palang pang 5 holes nyan or you bought 2 sets of 4s?

got the shoes in evangelista.. the lugnuts were just copy (fakes) but supports its purpose.. ( i hope wahaha!) nung kinuha nung nag aasikaso sakin it was only packaged in 16 pieces.. kumuha siya ng extra 4 pa.. im assuming they just get it from another set then just sell the remaining batch to whoever buys another 20pc lugnuts..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The maximum load that a tire can handle is printed on the side wall. Let that be your guide. Different construction methods (e.g. different number of plies, compounds, etc.) can result in different load ratings. Just get one that is within the gross weight of your unit (weight of car plus maximum payload).

Having more plies do help especially if you will use the vehicle for commercial/vocational purposes.
    Thanks sir Otep, will look for 15s na malapit ang specs.

Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    got the shoes in evangelista.. the lugnuts were just copy (fakes) but supports its purpose.. ( i hope wahaha!) nung kinuha nung nag aasikaso sakin it was only packaged in 16 pieces.. kumuha siya ng extra 4 pa.. im assuming they just get it from another set then just sell the remaining batch to whoever buys another 20pc lugnuts..
    I might check also evangelista sir. So that means may branded of these type of lugnuts? Ok lang kung copy as long as matibay. But I just realized na mas bagay pala ito sa 17s instead of 15s, hehe. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    yes sir.. branded lugnuts are mostly priced double to triple its priced i got. hehhee..

good hunting for your new shoes sir

Suzuki APV [Merged Threads]