New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Chief,

I have a Honda Civic 1.8S AT and I am experiencing steering wheel vibration when breaking at high speed (140 - 150 kph) which normally doesn't appear when breaking at a lower speed. I have the casa qc technician check it out through a test drive with me 2 days ago. And after experiencing it himself, he concluded that it is just the ABS working. Mga chief; is this correct? Does anyone experience the same vibration when breaking at high speed? Thank you for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    roky

I have the same problem. Mine occurs at 120kph up. My car is an 89 galant supersaloon and absolutely got no ABS At first i suspected my front brake rotors to be the culprit but when my mechanic inspected it, its in perfect shape (smooth even surface) He suggested to have my wheel balanced on a hi speed wheel balancer (meron ba nito sa manila?) as of now, my quick solution is not to go faster than 120kph

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roky View Post
    Chief,

I have a Honda Civic 1.8S AT and I am experiencing steering wheel vibration when breaking at high speed (140 - 150 kph) which normally doesn't appear when breaking at a lower speed. I have the casa qc technician check it out through a test drive with me 2 days ago. And after experiencing it himself, he concluded that it is just the ABS working. Mga chief; is this correct? Does anyone experience the same vibration when breaking at high speed? Thank you for your replies.

Sounds like some BS to me. Braking vibration might be caused by deformed/warped front brake rotors. Usually when the ABS activates, the brake pedal vibrates and NOT the steering wheel.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    naku sakit yata ng mga new civic yan. sa akin kakukuha pa lang sa casa (2 mos ago) me vibration na. tinest ko sa NLEX hayun nanginginig. sabi ng honda "dalhin nyo po sa & aayusin namin". sayang na naman ang oras, oh well.

bawal mgpakabit ng fog lamps & front & rear sensors sa banawe, void daw warranty. sisi tuloy ako

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    try alignment and balancing. hth

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper2lt View Post
    I go with this or replace your tyres bro baka gastado na mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by viper2lt View Post
    ito rin suggest ko.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mine's not a civic and I also experienced the same in my Advie, I tried replacing break pads, tapos yun lang OK na ulit... I"m also wondering what's with those stock break pads installed...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltimer View Post
    roky

I have the same problem. Mine occurs at 120kph up. My car is an 89 galant supersaloon and absolutely got no ABS At first i suspected my front brake rotors to be the culprit but when my mechanic inspected it, its in perfect shape (smooth even surface) He suggested to have my wheel balanced on a hi speed wheel balancer (meron ba nito sa manila?) as of now, my quick solution is not to go faster than 120kph
    I have a honda civic 2001 vti-s also mine occurs at 120 kph, casa inspected my rotors and they said it was fine plus my disc pads are also ok. they also it was the abs working but i know it's not the abs.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sounds like some BS to me. Braking vibration might be caused by deformed/warped front brake rotors. Usually when the ABS activates, the brake pedal vibrates and NOT the steering wheel.
    Yeah, it sounds like BS to me too. They have checked my rotors and break pads, and they said that it is still within specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    I go with this or replace your tyres bro baka gastado na mga yan.
    Sir, OK pa yung tires ko. They checked my alignment and they have balanced my wheels, pero the vibrations still came out when breaking at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim 88 View Post
    I have a honda civic 2001 vti-s also mine occurs at 120 kph, casa inspected my rotors and they said it was fine plus my disc pads are also ok. they also it was the abs working but i know it's not the abs.
    Good to know I am not alone. I think it's not really normal for the steering wheel to vibrate during high speed breaking. I have experienced the abs working when sudden breaking but it is different from what i have experienced when breaking at high speed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Steering Wheel Vibration