New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mga Sirs / Madams,

Ask ko lang po sana kung paano i-adjust ang brake ng sasakyan ko; REVO 03 gas; masyado po kasi malalim ang brake tsaka paminsan minsan lumulusot yung brake. Kelangan mo pang tapakan ulit para kumagat. Salamat po mga Sirs / Madams..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    First thing you do is find a leak between the brake master, lines and brake boots/caliper of all the wheels. Second is adjust hand brake. Third is adjust the pedal play.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    clean all brakes and check adjustments, baka malaki ang clearances. and check for any leaks then check the master cylinder and brake pedal rod adjustment.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hwitwowans View Post
    Mga Sirs / Madams,

Ask ko lang po sana kung paano i-adjust ang brake ng sasakyan ko; REVO 03 gas; masyado po kasi malalim ang brake tsaka paminsan minsan lumulusot yung brake. Kelangan mo pang tapakan ulit para kumagat. Salamat po mga Sirs / Madams..

hwit'

at that age of your vehicle, it is very safe to say that your brake master cylinder has an internal leak. what this means is that your tandem master cylinder has two systems in one package. your toyota however, has front/rear split master cylinder. there are two master cylinder pistons, the closest to the vacuum brake booster would be the primary piston which takes the slack left for your brake shoe/brake drum clearance then applies pressure to the rear brake cylinder and simultaneously apply pressure to the secondary piston( the piston farther away from the booster) which applies pressure to the front brake calipers. what is happening is, that the front cup of the primary piston is worn out and not applying sufficient pressure to the secondary piston, there is a leak from the front cup to the chamber behind it. this does not necessarily show leak between the master cylinder and the booster, rather it is leaking inside just like blowby of your engine's cylinders. if the bore of the m/c is still okay, just hone it(cast iron m/c) and repair with a m/c repair kit. if the m/c is anodized aluminum, DO NOT HONE and replace as an assembly.
    jick

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks to you mga sirs for the inputs. I'll try do check it and if di na talaga kaya, I'll bring the car to the autoshop. Thanks again sirs!

Paano pataasin ang preno?