New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    what is the best way to lift the rear of a pickup truck without replacing the leaf spring?

1. using lift block

or

2. changing stock shackles to extended comfort shackles

mods: please merge this post if there is already an existing thread about this topic.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You forgot..

Lift using extended body mounts

Lifting the tray

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You forgot..

Lifting the tray
    thanks for the suggestion sir but i don't want to go that route.

already got 2" old man emu lift sa front ng ranger ko. just want a cheaper lift sa rear. mahal kasi pag leaf spring kelangan pa ng u-bolts at bushes. mahal din shipping from manila to my place.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    You forgot..

Lifting the tray
    double post

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ahh..suspension lift. OME's spring, no strut spacers?

2 inch up front are usually coupled by extended shackles to level up the rear, thats the usual route. Ive heared OME leaves are stiff because they're designed for hauling, campers, trailer, etc. Body lift is the easiest and cheapest, just dont go beyond 4 inches i think, so not to make the need cracking brake lines and radiator hoses. Load sensing valve must be adjusted too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you just want to level it, lift blocks are inexpensive. Just make sure your u-bolts are long enough.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ahh..suspension lift. OME's spring, no strut spacers?

2 inch up front are usually coupled by extended shackles to level up the rear, thats the usual route. Ive heared OME leaves are stiff because they're designed for hauling, campers, trailer, etc. Body lift is the easiest and cheapest, just dont go beyond 4 inches i think, so not to make the need cracking brake lines and radiator hoses. Load sensing valve must be adjusted too.
    Yes, OME strut/coil spring combo sa front which lifted almost 3" and OME comfort shocks sa rear. The front n rear stance is now level without occupants or load on the bed. But once may sakay sa 2nd row mag tilt up na ang truck. I want the rear to be very slightly higher than the front para pag loaded mag le-level lang sya.

Nabasa ko sa australian forum meron din OME leafspring na malambot. May mga load rate sila depending on your requirement. Mahal lang nga ito na route.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you just want to level it, lift blocks are inexpensive. Just make sure your u-bolts are long enough.
    Both way cost almost the same. I inquired a set of ironman u-bolts, they are around 2.4k + the cost of the block. Meanwhile a pair of JS extended comfort shackle from LY Autosupply cost 3.8k. Mas di matrabaho ang shackle compared to using block.

Now, I cant decide which way to go. Which of the 2 will give better ride performance?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    U bolts sa auto supply ng kabarkada lang kami kumuha. Forgot the price. Hehe. Mura lang po.

Block will change the ride very little po. Shackles meron change talaga especially the boomerang or reverse shackle. Mas comfy daw po.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    U bolts sa auto supply ng kabarkada lang kami kumuha. Forgot the price. Hehe. Mura lang po.

Block will change the ride very little po. Shackles meron change talaga especially the boomerang or reverse shackle. Mas comfy daw po.
    So,

Blocks = maging tagtag ang ride
    Shackles (boomerang) = maging softer ang ride

Looking very closely at the mechanism of the boomerang shackle, may tendency na tatama ang leafspring eye sa chassis when loaded. This mechanism makes the ride softer dahil may play. Pero di yata constant ang lift kung naglalaro ang shackle compared sa stock na fixed. Tama ba analysis ko?

Di ba ma reduce ang load capacity ng boomerang shackle? Need your advice po as i want to modify the truck ASAP. Hate to see my truck tilting upwards most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast