New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have my reservations with a driving style like this. From my experience, going with the lowest rpm possible doesn't translate to the best mileage figures. Of course, your mileage may vary (literally in this case), especially with a CVT.
    Hello jut, congrats for graduating btw. Anyway, I think the CVT plus my daily route which is Commonwealth to Katipunan, helps me achieve these figures. I really don't understand the CVT transmission so much yet but what makes me curious is that it accelerates well enough below 2,000rpm. Maybe you can clarify for me?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stu515 View Post
    Hello jut, congrats for graduating btw. Anyway, I think the CVT plus my daily route which is Commonwealth to Katipunan, helps me achieve these figures. I really don't understand the CVT transmission so much yet but what makes me curious is that it accelerates well enough below 2,000rpm. Maybe you can clarify for me?
    LOL hi Stu. Haha small world. Too low of an RPM can be bad because there might not be enough grunt at that range, requiring you to step on the pedal more. It's possible though that the Impreza makes good torque at the lower rev range so you don't have to mash the pedal too much to get it going.

Simply put, you'll "feel" it when the car feels like it's going at an rpm too low to be efficient. Imagine someone driving a car with a manual tranny, in 4th gear travelling at 40 kph, on the uphill part of a flyover. He'll be going about at under 2k rpm, but because the car isn't in its optimal rev range at that point, and because of the uphill orientation, the driver will have to step on the pedal more to keep the car from slowing down. In this case, shifting down to 3rd gear at 2.5k rpm might be more efficient because it strains the engine less.

In an auto tranny, since you can't control the shifts directly, all you can really change is how you step on the pedal. Intuition might say that the lightest pressure on the pedal would give the best mileage, but I think this isn't always the case. What I do is row through the gears as quickly as possible, and this means having to step on the pedal with enough pressure to shift at 2-2.5k. Then, when I'm at my optimal cruising speed, I coast. Coasting = infinity km/L because of DFCO (deceleration fuel cut-off) where the engine runs from momentum, thus requiring no fuel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    450KM so far and I get 13L/100KM or about 18MPG.

Travel is from Taguig to Muntinlupa via SLEX on XCS + Blaze to get 98RON for a 2014 Forester XT.

My 2012 Forester NA is now nearly 10 months old, with 6K mileage.

Gas consumption is steady at 7km/l, 100% city driving. Gets better in times when I need to drive via SLEX or Coastal Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My SH is now 1 year and 4 months old.

Around 5-6 km/L in daily Makati rush hour. 10-12 km/L on highways. I use Petron XCS exclusively.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mine's around the same age. 7 to 9 km/l city driving. I avoid idling in traffic as much as possible though. 10 to 12 km/l mixed city and highway on Seaoil Extreme 97.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I got 9.8l/100km this morning from mindanao ave to xavierville, and back, moderate traffic. Forester 2.0 premium..

Although talagang swabe driving, no sudden acc and braking..i was also monitoring the eco guage, as much as possible I keep the needle at the right side if I can help it.
    Last edited by oliver1013; April 8th, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    1 month old fxt 7.6l/100km nlex mindanao ave - angeles exit 80-110kph daming sasakyan e
    city driving 11.6l/100km heavy traffic 12.8l/100km

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    2500 km so far. 12.1L/100km or around 8.26 km/L. Consumption improving as mileage increases. Did 10.1L/100km (9.9 km/L ) this morning from Laiya to Sta Rosa. Daily route Sta Rosa to Legazpi Vill Makati and back. Spirited driving on Nitro+ Racing or Blaze100. 2014 wrx

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    LGT BR9:

After almost 30,000km on the odometer, average (sport mode) would be 5km/li, for both city driving in super duper freaking Makati/EDSA traffic, and highway driving -- pedal-to-the-metal, accelerate-as-if-there-were-no-tomorrow type of driving. It's very consistent.

Sa loob ng CIS or BRC in sport# mode, mga 4km/li or slightly less.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Subaru Fuel Consumption Database