New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortallmighty View Post
    Have A Forester XT.. with 4k kms. mileage.. have not experience vibration on the engine at all.. normal lang silent always... my only problem is when during cold starts in the morning.. while Blue temperature light is on, Missing or weak brakes while engine is cold.. ( almost crashed my XT at the steel gates in our garage while on reverse.. ). The Brakes will be Normal once the engine heats up... Weird lang and was very disappointed.

But just recently had the PAK update as MI called me up.. Voila!! No more brakes problem after the update.

it seems SUBARU knew all along the problem. hope this helps.
    Re: weak brakes.

I have the previous XS (2012) and it also has this weak brake syndrone during initial start up.

I tried idling the vehicle for a few moments instead of driving out immediately. I think this helps a bit. But I still keep my hands on the parking brake just in case. :D

Btw, this only happens at the first start of the day. Other succeeding starts throughout the day does not exhibit the weak brake syndrone anymore.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Guyz is it safe ba to travel around northern Luzon on a convoy then spend the night on the road in a car or put up a tent? Ano Mai sa suggest nyong safety precautions at advice na din to enjoy the trip to the most? TIA!!!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Aristrites,

Magandang idea yan. I'm not sure of the surroundings there pero if I am to do that, siguro I would approach a small barrio and ask the people if I can park and sleep there. Para kahit papano meron matatakbuhan just in case. Isama na din ang pag patronise ng mga local stores / resto nila.

Regarding the weak brakes on start-up, haven't experienced it yet. What I do is wait for about 10 secs after starting before I move.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arisrites View Post
    Guyz is it safe ba to travel around northern Luzon on a convoy then spend the night on the road in a car or put up a tent? Ano Mai sa suggest nyong safety precautions at advice na din to enjoy the trip to the most? TIA!!!

Mahirap na magbakasakali sa mga taong may "no permanent address"... Wala na ako tiwala sa kapaligaran ngayon lalo na titingnan mo araw araw ang balita...if you'll ask me I'd rather check in at night and do the the road trip at daytime...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arisrites View Post

Seriously? A tent? Are you a foreigner?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yes a tent. Like the one we use in mountain hiking. Do I need to be a foreigner to use one? You know how it looks like do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Seriously? A tent? Are you a foreigner?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks guys good points.
    Quote Originally Posted by koji kabuto View Post
    Aristrites,

Magandang idea yan. I'm not sure of the surroundings there pero if I am to do that, siguro I would approach a small barrio and ask the people if I can park and sleep there. Para kahit papano meron matatakbuhan just in case. Isama na din ang pag patronise ng mga local stores / resto nila.

Regarding the weak brakes on start-up, haven't experienced it yet. What I do is wait for about 10 secs after starting before I move.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Mahirap na magbakasakali sa mga taong may "no permanent address"... Wala na ako tiwala sa kapaligaran ngayon lalo na titingnan mo araw araw ang balita...if you'll ask me I'd rather check in at night and do the the road trip at daytime...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Is it bad for the XT engine if i use 100 octane like petron blaze? Or i need to follow the 95 octane?

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyeEvo View Post
    Is it bad for the XT engine if i use 100 octane like petron blaze? Or i need to follow the 95 octane?

Thanks

95 octane is the minimum rating, no problem if you use Blaze.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks falken, just want to be sure