New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I believe this trip deserves its own thread...although medyo biglaan byahe and hindi well published....

Participants

Bigblock
    Boy25
    Bunkerman
    Treklife
    G01
    David Ho

Post nyo na yang mga pics! hehehe! Inggitin nyo na kame!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Tagal naman...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    eto na!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    kaya pa ba?kung kaya pa mag post pa ko ng pictures!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ganda ng mga pictures! congrats! more pictures please!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    eto na!
    manolo, nagamit mo dito ang mamahalin mong roof rack foglamps? astig talaga dating ng truck mo kaya maraming gumagaya..... tulad ko!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    wooooow!!!!

sir nanofossil ganda talaga ng roofrack! kaya babaguhin ko yung sakin nyahaha

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The trek to Mount Tapulao with the offroad BOSBs was a blast! Food was also great courtesy of the wives of sirs Bigblock, Boy25, and Jeff.

I left Baguio at almost 2:45 Saturday morning. Arrived at Subic at around 6:30 and waited for the convoy from Manila at the Petron gas station in Subic. As soon as they arrived we immediately proceeded with our trip to Iba, Zambales and arrived at the junction going to Mount Tapulao at past 10am. At the junction, we aired down the tires before proceeding. The road from the junction to the visitor center is a mix of gravel and sand so we’re like running the Dakar race with a cloud of dust ahead of us. I was at the rear so my truck had to breath though the thick cloud of dust .
    At the visitor center each of us paid P30.00. A guide was assigned to our group and since I was alone he was made to ride with me and because he’s with me, I was assigned to lead the convoy. At around 11am we started the trek to Mount Tapulao.

During the initial stage of the trek the road condition is like an ordinary dirt and gravel road. But as we progressed the gravel also keeps on growing and are turning into jagged rocks and the slope is getting steeper. I was at the forefront so I just kept on driving without somebody spotting for me except for one instance when my Strada had a difficulty climbing up a slippery portion that sir Rommel, who was following me, came to help guide me in getting my truck get pass that slippery part. We finally arrived at the bunker station at 4pm. The trek to Mount Tapulao was the most difficult trail that I drove but also the most enjoyable offroad experience.

We set-up camp and dinner was served at around 7pm, while we were gathered around a bottle of whiskey sharing laughter and stories we’ve individually experienced during the ascent. In the morning we had a delicious breakfast and afterwards started packing our things and prepared for the drive back down. It was 9am when we started the journey going back. The drive down was easier but I seemed to have gotten more dings to my bashplate during the drive going down than the drive going up. It was past 11am when we reached the visitor center. At the junction we took group pictures and then I bade farewell to the group before I headed back home via the Zambales-Pangasinan route.

The trek to Mount Tapulao was a worthy experience for me. A big thank you to sirs Bigblock, Boy25, Bunkerman, Treklife, and David Ho for the great camaraderie. Also thank you to the missus who joined this event. Without them wives the food won’t be as deliciously cooked and prepared. Special mention to Mrs. Bigblock's delicious home-made meatballs . Looking forward to joining you again in the future offroad trips. I will post pictures later.
    Last edited by G01; March 28th, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ganyan ko rin sana ikukuwento yung trip sa mt.ptapulao english rin kaso na unahan ako ni GO1 hahaha
    *nano thanks bro,
    pictures pa!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Aftermath: TSCP Camping and Offroad trip at Mt.Tapulao