15 38.46%
  • No

17 43.59%
  • Not sure

7 17.95%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    With the number of diabetics growing here in the Philippines, I would just like to know how many of the Tsikoteers are Diabetic?

Maganda rin naman malaman natin. Maybe we can ask the administrators if we can have a special event meant for us in the future kase I for one, am a Diabetic.

At least magkaroon tayo ng awareness lalu na pag di kayo sure of the symptoms. Kase merong mga tao hindi nila alam na Diabetic sila pag di nila pina check fasting blood sugar nila! Ako kase I learned I had Diabetes the hard way...

If there are Tsikoteer Doctors who are Indocrinologists or Diabetologists in the house, please do help us and enlighten us regarding Diabetes.

Take care of your health my dear friends always and God bless!
    Last edited by LadyRider; December 1st, 2007 at 11:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my father and grandfather (RIP both) was diabetic.

since diabetes is hereditary, i try to look out for my blood sugar level whenever there's a chance (free blood sugars, annual check ups, etc.) the past three years, my blood sugar is barely normal. konti (3 pts) na lang hypoglycemic na ko. my last test using the a digital device, 52 lang blood sugar ko. nagbreakfast pa ko ng konting choco cake nun. ndi naman ako nahilo hehehe.

cholesterol. yan ang problem ko hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    my parents are both in their 70's and diabetics!
    i know this is hereditary and in my last checkup my blood sugar is in the borderline! so i'm taking care of what i eat and lots of regular cardio exercise!

any advice?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

AFAIK, wala sa genealogy namin ang pagiging diabetic....

Pero, sa dami ng kaso ng acquired diabetes,- kailangang mag-ingat. Kaya ako ay modulation lang sa softdrinks at sa mga pagkain na maraming asukal....

juntzo: every other generation daw(?) ang mana ng diabetic. Pero ingat ka pa rin.... Better safe than sorry...

4707:santas:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

AFAIK, wala sa genealogy namin ang pagiging diabetic....

Pero, sa dami ng kaso ng acquired diabetes,- kailangang mag-ingat. Kaya ako ay modulation lang sa softdrinks at sa mga pagkain na maraming asukal....

juntzo: every other generation daw(?) ang mana ng diabetic. Pero ingat ka pa rin.... Better safe than sorry...

4707:santas:
    Cancer is also like that din daw po,according to my parents doctor.They both died of cancer,same year last 2005.Also my mom was a diabetic.So far wala pa sa family na having the disease,being high blood palang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nanay ko diabetic.. our company doctor advised me na I'm a borderline case and right now meron na akong maintenance.. so ingat lang ako sa sweets and regular exercise.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm diabetic. actually i knew it was just a matter of time since the disease runs in both sides of the family. Wala lang. Iwas sa carbo and sweets as much as possible, exercise daily and metformin + solosa haha.

Buti na lang my cholesterol levels passed with flying colors so i can have all the crispy pata, barbeque and lechon i want.... (yun lang nga kelangan mo ng kanin buset! )

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    present! cholesterol levels ok pero high blood ako. iwas carbo and sugar nga! buti kaw pk 2 lang gamot mo! ako meron aspirin, fornidd, avandamet, crestor at norplus.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    I'm diabetic. actually i knew it was just a matter of time since the disease runs in both sides of the family. Wala lang. Iwas sa carbo and sweets as much as possible, exercise daily and metformin + solosa haha.

Buti na lang my cholesterol levels passed with flying colors so i can have all the crispy pata, barbeque and lechon i want.... (yun lang nga kelangan mo ng kanin buset! )
    What's metformin for? ako kasi I have daily dose of solosa..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    metformin is generic Glucophage

blocks glucose production by the liver

decreases intestinal absorption of glucose

increases insulin sensitivity

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Survey: Diabetic Tsikoteers