7 17.95%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    after a large meal (high carb) it's natural na mag spike ang insulin

di naman masama yan for non-diabetics

yun nga lang tataba ka pag lagi ka nag i-insulin spike

masama ang insulin spike when:

1. you're diabetic and you're taking a drug that makes your pancreas secrete more insulin pero di ka kumain / di ka masyado kumain. tataas ang insulin mo pero di gaano mataas blood sugar mo so babagsak ang blood sugar mo

2. you're diabetic and you're injecting insulin. pag sobra ang insulin babagsak blood sugar mo

too low blood sugar to bad
    Last edited by uls; August 26th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    thanks, uls.

so basically, insulin spike is the (rapid) release of insulin para ma regulate yun asukal sa katawan. tama ba?

iniisip ko kasi relationship ng insulin spike sa bodybuilding. i read somewhere na hinahabol nila yun spike (or prevent) cant remember which...na para mas mabilis ma absorb yun carb sa blood stream.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    thanks, uls.

so basically, insulin spike is the (rapid) release of insulin para ma regulate yun asukal sa katawan. tama ba?
    yup

iniisip ko kasi relationship ng insulin spike sa bodybuilding. i read somewhere na hinahabol nila yun spike (or prevent) cant remember which...na para mas mabilis ma absorb yun carb sa blood stream.
    keep in mind insulin is the ANABOLIC hormorne. meaning GROWTH

importante sa body building yan coz you want to be in an anabolic state (opposite of catabolic which is muscle loss)

ang ginagawa ng mga body builder they'll take high amounts of protein with carbs after they work out

the carbs will cause insulin to spike which will drive glucose (carbs) and amino acids (protein) into cells to make muscles grow

but you don't wanna be consuming a lot of carbs when you're not working out coz it will make you fat
    Last edited by uls; August 26th, 2014 at 06:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2013
    ^now i know. salamat, uls! malinaw explanation mo. i was avoiding cards noon to decrease bodyfat pero wala akong idea sa relationship ng carbs+insulin+protein kaya inuubos ko lahat ng makita kong carbs. ngayon, bondat na hahaha

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Auntie sent me freestyle strips and I have been checking my sugar a lot. When I checked the price online it was so expensive!!!

It seems like I am prediabetic na. I always check in the morning and it's usually 88 WHEN I don't eat chocolates or pastries for the day. Last night I experimented and ate 3 laceys (chocolate sandwiched in toffee wafers) and when I checked this morning my sugar was 105

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Just wondering if there are any writers here who know about diabetes and/or is a good researcher who can write articles and topics related to diabetes. I'm looking to hire one. Email me guys at theadfirmseo*gmail.com. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is it true that men who have diabetes cannot get an erection anymore? I just had dinner with the girls and the married ones said when a guy has diabetes (reaches 300) he will have difficulty getting an erection na. And women that have diabetes have difficulty getting an orgasm? What a horrible disease!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yup

keep in mind insulin is the ANABOLIC hormorne. meaning GROWTH

importante sa body building yan coz you want to be in an anabolic state (opposite of catabolic which is muscle loss)

ang ginagawa ng mga body builder they'll take high amounts of protein with carbs after they work out

the carbs will cause insulin to spike which will drive glucose (carbs) and amino acids (protein) into cells to make muscles grow

but you don't wanna be consuming a lot of carbs when you're not working out coz it will make you fat

Ive been working out more than 25 years, when i was younger and i was into powerlifting, i could eat all the carbs and sweets but i was fairly lean, when i turned 32-35, my metabolism was not as fast as it used to.

Im around 260ish here, for sake of comparison, infront mo me is my longtime friend mon legaspi of wolfgang, big guy also

image.jpeg

Then i discoved the 21 sugar detox diet, i removed all the carbs, processed sugars, fruits in my diet, as in everything that covented to glucose, around that time i was following mark bell's youtube channel also a power lifter that lost a lot of weight

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6WLasmxyA"]From FAT Powerlifter to JACKED Metro***ual...The Mark Bell Story - YouTube[/ame]

I started researching bout the ketogenic diet

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZcU7z_OT4

After a few months of doing the keto, my weight lose plateaued, ( well i was more concerned bout the pant size than the weight)...then i stumbled on Carbnite, its 10 days keto, then the end of the 10th day(for me its every 14th day so it will fall on a sunday) six hours before you i go to bed i can eat whatever you want, i usually do a box of donuts, 2 quarts of ice cream, chocolates etc, the next day, ill be bloated with water, dont worry, it wont turn into fat coz you dont have an oversupply of glucose/glycogen in your liver and muscle, its been drained from lack of glucose, im sharing this coz the i lost more that 40lbs, im around 6ft 217 right now with a 34in waist, im in my early 40s

Pls google type 2 diabetes, ketogenic diet, as always, check 1st with your doctor, god bless
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 19th, 2015 at 02:14 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    More info bout sugar and the keto diet

I Knew Sugar Was Bad, But This Blew Me Away! - YouTube

Low Carb Diet: Fat or Fiction? - YouTube

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

More info bout sugar and the keto diet

http://youtu.be/RNtjV3j3Tp4

http://youtu.be/8GUIBNKnT1M

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wish I had the discipline to get rid of sugar in my diet. I eat so much chocolates!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Survey: Diabetic Tsikoteers