New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Guys, may kilala ba kayo bumibili ng antique gun? It's a 1920 Colt Police Positive Revolver. It's my wife's grand dad's gun. Sabi ng mom in law ko, ibenta na lang daw namin sa mga antique dealers. Di ko malabas kasi walang papeles. Pero I am planning to have it restored and conditioned. What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    pwede ba sa ebay yan?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    not ebay but there are sites like gunbroker.com that you can list it on. The problem is getting it out of the country. Suggest getting it registered and licensed as a loose gun, so you lessen your risks of getting caught for illegal possession.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    restore mo na lang bro. tapos tago mo na lang. who knows when you are going to need it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with happy_gilmore. You'll never know when a total gun ban will happen in our country, so it might pay to have an ace in the hole. Be aware though that older model .38s may not be able to handle a steady diet of +P ammunition, so make sure the gun is truly fieldworthy before firing it.

On the other hand, if you're really uncomfortable about keeping an unlicensed gun, just wait for the next loose firearms amnesty period to be proclaimed by Malacañang and apply for amnesty at FED, Camp Crame. Then, when it is already licensed, you can legally sell it.
    Last edited by mikey177; June 8th, 2006 at 09:25 PM.

Buyers of Antique Gun