New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    As gas prices reach record highs, Hyundai plans to bring more fuel efficient cars and SUVs to American market. According to John Krafcik, vice president of product plannig for Hyundai Motor America, the company is focusing on fuel-efficient cars and also plans to add new engines with improved fuel efficency to their models.

Hyundai will be adding its second generation Theta engine to the Santa Fe crossover, when it receives a facelift in 2010. The same four-cylinder engine is already avaliable in the 2009 Sonata sedan and recent reviews has proven the engine to deliever plenty of power and a class leading fuel efficency numbers. The 2.4L Theta engine in Sonata is rated at 22MPG city driving, and 32MPG when highway driving.

As of now, Hyundai’s four-cylinder powerplants were imported from South Korea, but starting from next month, all of the four-bangers will be coming from Hyundai’s new engine plant in Alabama.
    In addition to the new engine, the 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe will also get a six-speed automatic transmission.

For 2010, Hyundai also plans to unveil a fully redesigned Tucson SUV. Currently, the Tucson comes avaliable with a 2.7L V6 engine, but when the new model debuts, the gas-guzzling unit will be dropped in favor to a turbocharged four-cylinder engine. [Source: Autoweek]

Im wondering what will it look like?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well the 2010 model was kinda known to receive the new R-engine (non-US models, since walang CRDi sa US Santa Fe). But at least we get a confirmation that a FACELIFT will happen rather than an entirely new generation. At least we have a couple more years to enjoy our rides before it becomes old

Interestingly, they are adding a 4 cylinder mix into the lineup paired with a 6 speed auto...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Probably the 2.4L will replace the base 2.7 V6 which is only rated at 180+hp yata while the new 2.4 I-4 is around 175hp na. And yes the new 2.4 is more powerful and most fuel efficient among its class. Another great job from Hyundai.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We`re not sure if Hyundai Philippines will release the 3rd gen here in 2010.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No 3rd gen yet, here is the facelift...

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.ph...fe-facelift-2/

Mukang pareho pa din ang overall design (kaya nga facelift and not all new generation), the mags has been changed. The lights will change, they will also change the grill and definitely they will have new engines (I am drooling for the R-engine)...
    Last edited by tidus1203; April 20th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ahh.. I hope I could see the unit itself, so that I can decide whether to buy the facelift model or not. Although the 6 speed transmission attracts me, what if........the 2nd gen is ***ier than the facelift model?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mukhang mas ok to ha..Buti't di pa ako bumibili ng Santa Fe dahil mas ok ang 2010 MY variant!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The details given is very...........attracting and teasing. I think I should wait for it.

But the spy shots seem to be boxier.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah that is the tricky part. The current design still looks good even though its already 3 years old. Mas maganda pa nga itsura nya paminsan kaysa mga new entrants eh... Baka masira lang lalo if they don't do it right.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mukhang maganda to,sana by November eh available na to,malamang yung R-Series new gen CRDI engines eh mahal yan kaya expect around 50K price increase pero sulit nayan basta labas lang nila yan!!

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Facelift Revealed!!!