New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Re Panasonic Split type inverter models, would anyone know how much a regular cleaning maintenance service would cost? I'm worried about the cost of the freon. I believe this unit uses a different kind of freon and might cost too much.

Also, can the regular aircon cleaners from hole-in-the-wall shops (not the official Panasonic authorized ones) clean this inverter model?

Our old split-type (Koppel) costs around 2500 for a cleaning that involves removing the unit and refilling the freon.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    We have the 1.75HP Panasonic Inverter type aircon bought only last year. Panasonic provided a 1 year free cleaning service (once every 6 months). I asked the guys how much the cleaning service would cost and they said around P850.00.

I don't think there would be any need to refill the freon regularly if the aircon continues to cool properly and there is no leak.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    we have a couple of split type aircons here in our office. servicing is done every three months. try nyo tumawag dito, Airconvenience 3677589. i think they're also the authorized service center of panasonic.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Javoy View Post
    I don't think there would be any need to refill the freon regularly if the aircon continues to cool properly and there is no leak.
    +1. . .no need for a freon refill as long as it does not leak

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    We have the 1.75HP Panasonic Inverter type aircon bought only last year. Panasonic provided a 1 year free cleaning service (once every 6 months). I asked the guys how much the cleaning service would cost and they said around P850.00.

is inverter typr aircon really saves a lot on electricity?

any comment?

how much naman ang maintainance cost? a lot higher than window type?

am Planning to replace my window type

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DON2003 View Post

any comment?

Hi, I would say that it does save on electricity although I don't track it that closely. Our previous aircon was also a split type (1.5 hp), even though we changed it to a 1.75 hp model, the actual consumption went down. You can also refer to this link for some other discussions on this - http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthre...ight=panasonic

Sorry, no idea about the maintenance cost comparison. Installation will most likely cost more though due to the piping needed to connect the indoor unit to the compressor.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang nakikita ko nga lang disadvantage ng split type ay yun cleaning... kasi napapamessy pa rin is hose siya without removing the unit (mapa condo or house pa yan).... costly naman kung kakalasin kasi yung freon recharging.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Yung ibang naglilinis kasi, kinakalas yung indoor unit kaya tinatanggal din yung mga pipings. So kelangan tanggalin muna yung refrigerant kaya need ulit i-refill after installing back the indoor unit and the pipings.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    ang nakikita ko nga lang disadvantage ng split type ay yun cleaning... kasi napapamessy pa rin is hose siya without removing the unit (mapa condo or house pa yan).... costly naman kung kakalasin kasi yung freon recharging.
    Sa experience ko, hindi naman nagdumi yung paligid ng aircon tuwing nagpapalinis ako ng split type dito sa room. Although nakatulong din siguro na yung placement ng indoor unit is directly above a large window kaya yung tubig diretso sa labas.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DON2003 View Post

any comment?

In theory inverter type aircon is more efficient than regular ones(thus matipid), coz it utilizes only the necessary electrical power, thru its variable speed compressor, unlike ung normal na on off lang.

In terms of Electical Power Consumption (Compressor Consumption)

Needed Cooling _____100%______75%______ 50%

Normal_____________100%______100%_____100%

Inverter____________100%______ 75%_____ 50%

as given above kahit 50% lang kailangan mo the compressor will always run at 100% percent to attain a preset temperature unlike the inverter type the compressors varies the speed kung ano lang kelangan palamigin

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Yung ibang naglilinis kasi, kinakalas yung indoor unit kaya tinatanggal din yung mga pipings. So kelangan tanggalin muna yung refrigerant kaya need ulit i-refill after installing back the indoor unit and the pipings.

actually you don have to remove the unit for cleaning and dislocate the pipings so long na no leaks as mentioned, andami technique nyan, ung iba nilalagyan lang ng plastic na malaki (ung sa cover sa notebook or libro) then wrap around the unit to catch excess water at shoot na yun sa timba. plus ung ibang tubig will go to the drain system of the aircon

ang importante sa aircon lagi malinis ung daanan ng hangin

try to clean the air filter once in a while or once a week on a sunday maybe

same goes for the car too, dapat malinis lagi ung sa air intake area nung aircon ng car lalo na kung mostly naka recirculate dapat malinis ung mattings mo lagi kundi higop ung alikabok, paktay ang evaporator mo nya, palit agad (moisture + dust sa evaporator = bacteria and disaster hehhhehehehe)

Split Type Aircon: Which is best?