New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 163 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Same room area, same manner of usage. 1HP to 2HP units. Alin ang the best in terms of efficiency in cooling performance, tipid sa kuryente, tibay, warranty, customer support and price, in the long run? I've seen the following brands sa showrooms:

- Carrier (#1 in the market daw)
    - Kolin
    - Panasonic (features an inverter daw)
    - Mitsubishi
    - Samsung
    - General Electric
    - Whirlpool

Most if not all offers free installation(includes copper tubes, etc) for a max of 10 feet only. Brackets are not free and usually around 3K.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have panasonics at home..., so far ok naman...depende sa laki ng area just buy right power for the area

I think this has been discussed here extensively, search mo na lang and marami ka mababasa kung ano maganda....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are some things that you will need to consider before installing a split type aircon.

1. room ventillation - only rooms that have sufficient air removal and make-up are suitable for split-type ac units. the removal of carbon dioxide rich air (by means of extraction/exhaust fans) and supply of fresh outside air are a must. failure to do so can lead to the accumulation of carbon dioxide in the enclosed room. in a window type ac this is already built into the unit, there is always some air from the room that is blown out through spaces in the internal ducting, and there is sufficient make-up air drawn in through the hole thru which the blower shaft goes through. there is no such thing in a split type unit. so if you are going to stay in that room, especially if you are going to sleep in it, think twice.

I have a personal experience on this. we had a split type ac unit in one of our offices on one of the rigs i was on. everyone in that office always felt dizzy all the time, me included. when measured the O2 level was down to 15% and the CO2 level was up to 6%.

2. cleaning - remember that in most installations of split type units the evaporator needs to be removed for cleaning, just like cleaning the ac evaporator in your car. make sure you factor in this added expense, something those sales agents will not tell you. now if you can make provisions for easy cleaning (like say extra big drains, easy accessible location) then why not go ahead.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hay. Ito din ang pino-problema ko ngayon. Sa experience ko kasi, mas matibay talaga ang window-type na AC. Lahat halos ng split-type na na try ko wala pang tumatagal ng 6 years or more except those seldom used. Quite unlike our window-type ones na matagal ang serbisyo at mas madali pa i-maintain.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm eyeing Panasonic's split-type AC's with Inverter Technology. According to their brochure, you can realize up to 35% savings in your electric bill. However, medyo mataas ang presyo, since their 1.5HP model is selling for 36k.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I'm eyeing Panasonic's split-type AC's with Inverter Technology. According to their brochure, you can realize up to 35% savings in your electric bill. However, medyo mataas ang presyo, since their 1.5HP model is selling for 36k.
    Curious din ako dun sa Inverter technology. Ang price nga lang medyo mahal, but around 2K lang yata difference if compared sa same HP ng Carrier. Kung maganda ang performance at matibay, sulit din siguro additional price. Interestingly, it comes with 5 years warranty and the compressor daw is Matsushita(maganda daw to sabi).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the Panasonic. 5 yrs warranty on the compressor.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Curious din ako dun sa Inverter technology. Ang price nga lang medyo mahal, but around 2K lang yata difference if compared sa same HP ng Carrier. Kung maganda ang performance at matibay, sulit din siguro additional price. Interestingly, it comes with 5 years warranty and the compressor daw is Matsushita(maganda daw to sabi).
    inverter - compressor speed changes depending on the target temp.

standard compressors - shuts off if desired temp is reached.

bakit malakas kuryente - modern aircon may mga capacitors, kaya malakas kuryente kasi sa unang run mo ng a/c andun yun fan motor, compressor (assuming straight na sa cool mode), plus capacitor. minsan nauubos na laman ng capacitor sa pupunuin mo nanaman yun + yung starting current (measured by amp) ng compressor (even electric motors) mataas.

para san yung capacitor - power factor correction (pang save din ng energy)

my in-laws are using panasonic inverter compressor and they save 20-35% when they replaced their window-type and split-type acu.
    Last edited by ineedmorehp; February 6th, 2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: 1

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nagka bad experience kasi ako a few years ago sa Panasonic na WT AC eh. The compressor kept conking out on ALL the units we got and though they'd replace them under warranty, the AC's were in the shop for so long and often I'd sometimes forget we had them at all! We even had to buy several replacement units to compensate for those in the shop!

Not naman saying that ganun din ang sa split or even that the problem persists until now, pero dahil dun it'll be quite a while before we try Panasonic AC's again.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i have a panasonic inverter. very energy efficient. we're using it 12 hours a day for a month and i'm only paying an additional php1100 on my electric bill. the cooling system is very stable. unlike the other ac, you feel that the temperature is going cold them a bit warm. although its a bit pricey it's still worth it for me.

Page 1 of 163 123451151101 ... LastLast
Split Type Aircon: Which is best?