New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Samsung announces the Galaxy Round, a smartphone with a curved OLED display
    By Sam Byford

Samsung has taken the wrapper off its rumored smartphone with a curved OLED display. The Galaxy Round, which will launch on SK Telecom in South Korea, has a 5.7-inch 1080p screen the same size as seen on the company's Galaxy Note 3, but there's a difference — it curves on the vertical axis in a similar fashion to some of Samsung's OLED TVs.

The potential benefit of this screen technology isn't quite clear yet, but Samsung is touting a new feature called "Round Interaction," which allows you to look at information such as missed calls, battery life, and the date and time when you tilt it on a flat surface with the screen off. Samsung also claims that switching between home screens will feel like one continuous transition, and has worked on new tilt- and tap-based interactions for the music and photos apps.
    Source: Samsung announces the Galaxy Round, a smartphone with a curved OLED display | The Verge

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 9th, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    5.7 inches with a concave shape, this phone definitely wasn't meant to be put in a pocket. the shape should make it a little bit easier to work this one-handed.

wake me up when they invent flexible, high capacity batteries

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    After the superb camera of Nokia, Fingerprint scanner of Apple and now, Flexible smartphone is now becoming a reality.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    5.7 inches with a concave shape, this phone definitely wasn't meant to be put in a pocket. the shape should make it a little bit easier to work this one-handed.

wake me up when they invent flexible, high capacity batteries

Contrary, it is meant to be placed in the pocket. It would better conform to the shape of your leg than a flat smartphone.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by retz
    After the superb camera of Nokia, Fingerprint scanner of Apple and now, Flexible smartphone is now becoming a reality.
    HTC is set to release a phone with a fingerprint scanner next month too. i'm still not impressed with the fingerprint scanning implementation of apple though. fingerprints are supposed to be used as usernames not as passwords.
    Last edited by roninblade; October 9th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Contrary, it is meant to be placed in the pocket. It would better conform to the shape of your leg than a flat smartphone.
    maybe, but i'm still not fully convinced until i get to try it in my pocket

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe, but i'm still not fully convinced until i get to try it in my pocket

Next from SAMSUNG, bowl shaped smartphones. So it would conform around your pants backpocket and your butt!!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Next from SAMSUNG, bowl shaped smartphones. So it would conform around your pants backpocket and your butt!!
    hhhaahh. Ayos yan gh.hahaha.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HTC is set to release a phone with a fingerprint scanner next month too. i'm still not impressed with the fingerprint scanning implementation of apple though. fingerprints are supposed to be used as usernames not as passwords.
    it could work both ways (username or password) depends on the implementation. multi factor authentication let you choose different mechanisms

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I had fingerprint scanning from my iPaq 6 years ago, nothing new on that technology. And I don't know what advantage curve display has. Ideretso na lang nila sa flexible display yan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast