New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga sir, tanong ko lang sa mga gumagamit ng divers watch or anything na may bezel (turning part sa ibabaw ng watch). Ano ba talaga ang gamit ng bezel na 'to? Is it an adjustment or just a design? Tagal ko na gumagamit ng ganito pero di ko talaga alam kung ano purpose nito.

Any inputs?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    unidirectional bezel = provides divers with alternative source of elapsed time for the current dive.

From google;
    "Why a unidirectional elapsed timing bezel is so important. While diving the actual time is irrelevant, what is important is the time remaining for your dive. The elapsed timing bezel is lined up with the minute hand on your watch prior to entry and thus letting you know how much time you have been submerged. If the bezel is bi-directional, a simple knock can dislodge it and cause you to overstay your bottom time beyond no-decompression limits, which can be extremely DANGEROUS. This is also the reason why a dive computer should be your primary source of information."

Hope this helps..

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by kupaloids
    Mga sir, tanong ko lang sa mga gumagamit ng divers watch or anything na may bezel (turning part sa ibabaw ng watch). Ano ba talaga ang gamit ng bezel na 'to? Is it an adjustment or just a design? Tagal ko na gumagamit ng ganito pero di ko talaga alam kung ano purpose nito.

Any inputs?

there are many types of bezels. some are uni- and some are bi-directional. diver's watches use uni-directional bezel, meaning it can only turn in one direction. divers use this to time how much oxygen they have for a dive. they only turn counter-clockwise so that if the bezel accidentally moves, it will shorten the dive time, as oppose to lengthening it, resulting in shortage of oxygen for the diver.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi po para sa remaining time ng oxygen yun. you have a pressure gauge for that purpose.

ung bezel is the timer to limit your dive time. this is to prevent decompression sickness.

decompression sickness is caused by high levels of nitrogen (71% of air is composed of nitrogen) being mixed into you blood (na dapat ay oxygen) when you stay too long underwater. this would lead to bubbles forming in your blood vessels which will cause the mild--tingling sensation in your joints; to the worst--death.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala indicator yon kung ilang minutes advanced/delayed ang relo compared sa totong oras :bwahaha:

salamat sa paliwag mga kapatid!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nung highschool, ginagamit iyan para ma-irita ang teacher. Sabay sabay niyong pipihitin ng mga classmates mo yung mga bezels niyo. hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    well tama sila bout dun sa time sa diving, pero don't worry, wala namang law na nagsasabing sa diving mo lang pwedeng gamiting "timer" yung bezel e. kahit nasa ibabaw ka ng lupa, pwede pa rin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun pala iyon! Ibig sabihin, wala sya direct effect sa relo. Indicator lang talaga gamit nya.

E kung hintayin mo nalang tumapat yung seconds arm sa 12 para di na kailangan ng bezel?

Salamat po!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aside from diving, I usually use the bezel as my 'timer indicator' on my day to day endeavor..... like for example nag-hiking kami and I want to know how many minutes can I reach a certain point of the trail....I can use my watch bezel to do that by marking on what time/minute I do start at a particular point.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So that means you have to track how many times your seconds arm passed the marker? Diba parang mahirap yun and confusing kung may namiss ka ba na minute?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Divers Watch bezel