New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah, the Philippines has many social issues that ALL OF US need to work on. However, IMO our country is better off compared to some of the countries that I visited in my line of work. So before any of us start complaining like a b*tch in heat, just remember that there are a A LOT of people out there in other countries that are in far worse condition (social and economic) than we are.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The relationship of big money with high level govt will always be there. Both depend on each other.

Big money needs high level govt connections to protect their interests. High level govt people need big money people to win elections and/or sustain their lifestyles.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Speaking of connections, tuloy pa rin ba ang pag pasok ng mga 2nd hand suvs sa subic ng mga Magsaysay?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sorry po, na-doble.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Where there is poverty, there will be corruption. But then again, it's a chicken and egg thing. Which do we fix first?

Frustration ko rin siguro about our state is that the Catholic Church don't help much in character building. A number of bad eggs within the clergy spoils the whole bunch. From womanizing to getting a more than a fair share of the Church's collection and spending it for their luxuries. Being a nation where majority are catholics, people will not see it as excessive if they see that priests are doing it.

Plus the fact that the Catholic Church will get in the way to any moves of the State to control the population. Eto yung isang major reason kung bakit lumalaki ang gap ng mahirap sa mayaman. Mas mabilis kasing dumami ang mga mahihirap dahil they are not educated or not facilitated by the government for family planning. Ang dami dyan, walang trabaho pero apat hanggang walo ang anak. Whereas yung mga middle class and upper class e mabagal ang pagdami because they know the perils of having too many children. A lot of working couples I know have only a maximum of 3 children. Yung iba hindi na magka anak dahil yata sa stress sa trabaho
    Well said, Beefcake.

I think the underlying problem with the Catholic Church as regards family planning is this: In the book of Genesis, God said be fruitful and multiply. So if we will take this literary, some people might end up agreeing with the Catholic Church's stand not to use family planning methods. But I, for one thing, believe that it is better to have as few children as much as possible, not only for financial reasons, but for emotional and psychological reasons as well. And because this is the case with the Catholic Church as opposed to the reality of over population and poverty, we might struggle in this area thus bringing more questions than answers.

I don't wanna sound too religious here, as some people are turned off by it, including myself. But I wanna take this opportunity to share with you guys (if you are willing) some thoughts that might help us understand the true meaning of the passage, "Be fruitful and multiply."

According to the theogical writings of Emanuel Swedenborg (1688-1772), the Word (as he calls the Bible) has a two-fold meaning--- a Literal Meaning and a Spiritual Meaning. The Literal Meaning has something to do with our earthly life, the Spiritual Meaning with our spiritual life, although this meaning (spiritual) cannot be understood by any human being because it is above his or her comprehension, but only through revelation from the Divine. In one word, this "meaning" lies concealed within the Literal Sense. It may be compared to us humans, having a body and a spirit. Our body is visible, but our spirits not visible, yet most of the time we are unaware of our spiritual aspect because it is hidden within ourselves and beyond our plane of consciousness.

The good thing is, Swedenborg said, the Spiritual Meaning is now being revealed by stages. This for the reason that the human race has already reached its maturity, or peak. By "Reaching its Maturity" means that we are now in the Age of Reason. And as human beings, we are endowed with a mind capable of raising our thoughts to highers things, and because of this we need answers to our questions.

Continued...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di lang naman sa atin. Pati sa U.S. Everyone knows Bush was made president by the rich. When Bush became president, the rich got tax breaks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Social Issues in the Philippines - Nice Article.