New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    This happened yesterday in Sheraton Hotel in Red Deer, Alberta wherein a Passport Renewal Outreach was being done. Basically, the Phil Consulate and staff come to provinces of Canada for Filipinos who want to renew their passports, request NBI clearance, and such. This activity can be done any day though in Vancouver, British Columbia (BC).

Now, I booked an appointment and was scheduled today at 4:05 pm. The outreach is only 4 days and only allows up to 400 renewals. Having said that, many came just to try their luck even though walk-in renewals have little chance of succeeding.

I came with my wife and 3month-old baby all the way from Edmonton, which is almost a 2-hr drive. When I entered the ballroom 3, where the passport renewals were made, I was surprised to see a lot of people. I ask an elderly man who was sitting behind a desk, along with two ladies. I came up to him and asked. Here’s how the conversation went:

Me: Is this where you pass your requirements for passport renewal?
    Elderly Man: (grinning slightly) Magdodonate ka ba?
    Me: (smelt alcohol in his breath) Uh, I don’t think I’d do it today. Maybe next time.

Then he disregarded me and went to talk to somebody else. One of the lady sitting beside him asked me if I had an appointment booked for today. I said yes at 4:05pm. She then immediately stopped the papers she was processing and preceded to get my requirement papers. Turns out those applications were already for the waiting list, the ones who just walked-in.

After that, I went out and got a pen for my wife just to be ready for other forms to fill-up, but there weren’t any. I was asked to wait for my surname to be called as usual policy of government transactions. The elderly man called my last name finally, and as I stood up, this conversation took place:

Me: I am!
    EM: Now are you going to donate? (Serious look on face) Kahit magkano Ok lang.
    Me: (getting my coin purse and jokingly) Okay lang ba one dollar? Eto lang nakayanan ko eh (with a smile on my face)
    EM: (shouting) ONE DOLLAR? PARA SA PILIPINAS YAN TAPOS ONE DOLLAR LANG IBIBIGAY MO? ANG CHEAP MO NAMAN, PARA SA PINAS YAN!
    Me: Wait, I am only joking. You are right?
    EM: MUKHA BAKONG NAGJOJOKE? SERYOSO AKO!! ONE DOLLAR LANG IBIBIGAY MO? GUSTO MO BANG KUNIN KO NA LANG PAPEL MO? WAG KA NA PAG RENEW-HIN??
    Me: (still calm) Is this some kind of a joke? What’s happening?

All people became silent as others murmur whispers of disapproval and disgust. Many suggest calling the police, some say that what transpired was not right, that I should file a complaint.

A lady and a man came up to me and asked for pardon. The lady told me to just let it pass, cause he’s just tired from working from morning. That everyone should calm down. She asked me to proceed to another room where the picture-taking is being held and to just wait in there. She personally got my paper and pushed it until the last step.

Here I am just wanting my passport renewed and I have to deal with this arrogant, rude and drunk old man! Being berated as cheap by not giving “donation” which God knows what will become of it. Being threatened of not having my passport renewed, which I most certainly know that I didn’t violate any laws to be denied of such. And being shouted at like a little kid in front of a crowd just smacks my morale to the gound.

Now, let me introduce to you who the elderly man is. He is no other than Philippine Consul General Jose Ampeso. Yes, the consul himself. Acting like that in front of Filipinos who work in another country just to have food in their families’ plates. Filipinos, who occupy a big percentile of the Philippines’ GNI yearly by their remittances. Filipinos, like me, who dedicated effort and money on this day just to have passports renewed, but this is what we get.

Calling the Philippine Ambassador to Canada, to act on this matter. Or if we may, we would also appreciate DFA Sec Albert del Rosario’s help in ensuring that Filipinos here in Canada are getting the services of the embassy in a straightforward, proper and decent manner.

Besides, we are paying for the services. Money that we earned using blood and sweat.

P.S. Vid berating another kababayan here

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nakakahiya yung Consulate Genaral. Ang yabang. Dapat malaman ng DFA yan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kulang daw ser yung 1 dollar para pang-inom niya.

Kidding aside, i-complain mo na sir sa DFA. Maybe send an email or call them. The video you posted is enough evidence already na buwang yung consul general. Pwede rin ipa-media mo, GMA 7, TV5 or ABS-CBN will gladly accept your complaint. Lalo na may video pa!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anak ng tokwa nama kaya nga sinabi donation eh hindi naman saplitan yon...sarap patulan pag ganyan mga gov. official..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kung ako si TS binato ko sa mukha niya yung $1 tapos alaskahin ko ng todo para suntukin ako, pag sinuntok niya ko since nasa canada siya yare siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Donation...then saan mapupunta yung pera? Parang donation na sapilitan 2x pa talaga sinabi. Mayabang nga ha! Di na nag isip na kaya sya nandun ay para mag serve at hindi mangikil. Dapat talaga dyan maireport. Kaka init ng ulo haha!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ang bait ni TS. Sana sinagot mo na mapupunta lang sa bulsa ng polintiko donation, o di kaya binato mo sa kanya ang $1 tulad ng sabi ni foresterx.

Seriously baka nasampal ko yan kung ako sa kalagayan mo TS.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    halos katulad din nung kumalat sa FB na video na babae sa jeddah naman ata yun,

Di aaksyon DFA dito pag walang tulong at di binugbog ng media.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    halos katulad din nung kumalat sa FB na video na babae sa jeddah naman ata yun,

Di aaksyon DFA dito pag walang tulong at di binugbog ng media.
    totoo ba yon yung mga takas na ginugulpi ng mga pinoy.. nakita ko lang video pero walang sound ng mapanood ko di ko tuloy alam kung pinoy nga or ibang lahi?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    kung ako si TS binato ko sa mukha niya yung $1 tapos alaskahin ko ng todo para suntukin ako, pag sinuntok niya ko since nasa canada siya yare siya.
    diplomatic imunity, bale wala pards. kahit makabaril pa yun dun wa epek. diplomatic passport hawak nyan, di ka uubra kahit bugbugin ka pa na labas ang utak mo di mo madedemanda.

media lang pagasa mo dyan. padala na yang video link sa abs-cbn at gma7.
    Last edited by yebo; April 21st, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast