New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mind boggling indeed. And to think that mayor-VP keeps harping na "pinaunlad niya ang Makati".

My guess is that the Binay's are not pushing for ATMs because there is less paper trail to monitor ghost employees with the envelope sahod system.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Mind boggling indeed. And to think that mayor-VP keeps harping na "pinaunlad niya ang Makati".

My guess is that the Binay's are not pushing for ATMs because there is less paper trail to monitor ghost employees with the envelope sahod system.
    Agreed. It is easier to do shenanigans when you pay in cash so that there's no paper trail. Tsk tsk.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    "ganito kami sa makati."-binay

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Agreed. It is easier to do shenanigans when you pay in cash so that there's no paper trail. Tsk tsk.
    Technically, there still is a paper trail in the form of vouchers to be signed by the "employee" who received the cash. The problem with this is that it is a very unreliable system considering anyone can just forge a signature unlike if you receive your salary in the ATM. It presupposes that the bank did its KYC duties and actually has a record (i.e. depositor's information, signature card, valid ID) if its depositor receiving the salary.

Reminds me of the time when the PNP was dogged by allegations (which were somewhat correct) of having ghost police men on its payroll.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dami kasi ghost employee dyan.. kaya ganyan.. pag sa banko mahihirapan sila pekein ang identity..

napakahirap kaya magpa sweldo nang cash.. napaka prone sa error tsaka prone din sa nakaw..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Pag naging president si binay lahat ng government employees will be paid in cash. "Ganito kami sa makati, ganito din sana sa buong bansa"

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    All you need is a shreder and a faithful lapdog

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The government unit I work for still pays me in cash. But i work in a municipality, not Makati city.

Still, thank you for giving me your tax money. Hehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The government unit I work for still pays me in cash. But i work in a municipality, not Makati city.

Still, thank you for giving me your tax money. Hehe.
    I think only regular and casual government employees are paid through their ATM payroll account.
    Contractual employees (now known as Non-Government Worker) get their pay in cash or sometimes check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Makati government still pays it's employees in cash.