New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

i do not live in Wonderland... where everything's fair, where the playing field is level, where the govt does its job, where good is rewarded and evil is punished.

i live in the real world... where things are unfair, where the playing field isnt level, where the govt doesnt do its job, where good goes unrewarded and evil goes unpunished.

instead of complaining that life is unfair...

and protesting this protesting that...

and demanding the govt should help me,

i just try to adapt to the present environment, learn its rules, and try my best to survive and thrive in it.

You guys know anyone who lives in Wonderland?

hehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    As uls said, change yourself rather than change the system its easier that way...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep...

that's how people get ahead.

they adapt to the environment

those who fail to adapt get left behind... and complain.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    As uls said, change yourself rather than change the system its easier that way...
    I agree

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    those who fail to adapt get left behind... and complain.
    agree ako dito..pero sa oil prices ngayon? maski nag roll back na ng 2pesos sa petrol at 5 sa diesel hindi ako agree hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    There is a danger in always adopting to your environment. As it is clear that the environment we have now is corrupt and unstable adjusting accordingly will make you as a person corrupt and unstable compromising your very core principles and throwing away your belief system just to survive.

The common belief that good guys always finish last is definitely not true except if your working for a few government offices (but there are exception to the exceptions). Actually those who are strong enough to stand on their principles refusing to be moved by the evil around are the true winners in any society. Some of them we call heroes and martyrs are still admired long after they left the living.

On the other hand, we still scorn and deride those who have chosen to conveniently flow with the prevailing power or system. Many of them cloak themselves with anonymity since they know deep inside that what they were doing was wrong but have have rationalized that such was necessary to survive. Exemplary of these survivors are the Makapilis who donned paper bags to cover the despicable acts of capitulation to the power that be and even pointing their own friends to the Japanese just to survive.

I think those who have given up and flow where the current takes them are not better of (though they may appear to be with bigger houses and nicer cars) than those who stand their ground and fight for what is right. I believe the great majority of the thinking pinoys are still standing up with their heads held up high. Others might see them as hoping against hope but hope they still have.

And hope is what we we need in large measure this coming months and even years when the worst of Wallstreet finally impacts on the real economy. And when governments see that democratic ideals like free market and property ownership are no longer ideal and state intervention and strong central government are what can be used best to achieve economic prosperity. Then we'll probably see the return of military rules and great comeback of the euro generals etc.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hahaha

hehe
    ummm.....Alice W. Onderland?:naughty2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i do know somebody who lives in neverland (ranch) though
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    The common belief that good guys always finish last is definitely not true except if your working for a few government offices (but there are exception to the exceptions).
    actually sir, the saying "good guys always finish last" has a double meaning. most of us just take the negative context pero if we are really to apply this to the world, the good guy really finish last. those who worked hard all their life, get their fat retirement packages in the end (and even if they dont, they are more likely to recover) those who studied and toiled so much, get their dreams/carreers after a long and life-learning struggle.

if we are really to interpret the saying. the good guys always finish last but the bad guy never really finish at all. parang pera lang yan, easy come, easy go.

they may get their Millions at an early age say below 30, but really only a few of them learn the lesson and most of them lose it as fast as they earned it. then they'll spend the rest of their lives trying to re-enact their "15 minutes of fame" or their overnight success. and that becomes a never-ending quest/obsession that will never happen again ... and wasting all their should have been fruitful life altogether

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hahaha

i do not live in Wonderland... where everything's fair, where the playing field is level, where the govt does its job, where good is rewarded and evil is punished.

i live in the real world... where things are unfair, where the playing field isnt level, where the govt doesnt do its job, where good goes unrewarded and evil goes unpunished.

instead of complaining that life is unfair...

and protesting this protesting that...

and demanding the govt should help me,

i just try to adapt to the present environment, learn its rules, and try my best to survive and thrive in it.

hehe

actually, *uls those who complain or rather those who "strategically" complain dont play fair also. kita mo trial by publicity lang, the oil companies gave in. we now have sub P40 diesel hehehe

complaining and protesting are also good tools for adapting to the present environment. so do you think this is fair to your so-called market forces?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Financial Crisis: The Philippine Version