New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Annulment... well, it takes waaaaay too long... and there's no provisions for annulment on the basis of abuse or infidelity... merely legal separation.
    Tell me about it. The legal process typically takes nine months to a year and a lot of money as well to process.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    there's no provisions for annulment on the basis of abuse or infidelity... merely legal separation.
    not entirely true

if the consent of either one of the contracting parties to a marriage was not freely given because of abuse then it is a ground for annulment.

infidelity may also be a ground for annulment although indirectly or under certain circumstances. if the wifey was pregnant by another man and she concealed it at the time of the marriage, or if one of one of the parties has std or if one them is gay and in both instances unknown to the other party at the time of the marriage, then they are grounds for annulment.

both can be rooted under psychological incapacity but they should be proved to the satisfaction of the court.

if the abuse or infidelity arose only during the marriage then most likely they are grounds for legal separation.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which is the problem. Abuse tends to happen after the couple has been together for a while, not at the onset... when the couple is in their "honeymoon" period.

And, again, legal separation does not allow the innocent party to find happiness and remarry.

*gh: I feel ya, man... I know some people for whom it's taken years. In some cases, people get disheartened by it and don't even bother, and settle for legal separation.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Legal Separation means you're still married and cannot remarry.

Annulment... well, it takes waaaaay too long... and there's no provisions for annulment on the basis of abuse or infidelity... merely legal separation.
    Obviously, pinapahirapan tayo so that we will think long and hard before getting an annulment.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ ...or getting married :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uh... what's harder than being deserted by your partner?

I agree that you should make it hard for people who want to divorce for such reasons as "barren-ness" (Gods, if having biological kids instead of foster-kids is so important, you really should get yourselves tested before getting married.) or the fact that their partner snores at night... heck, if it were up to me, I'd make a law stating that you have to live together for at least three years before being granted a license to marry.... simply to ensure that those who are petty enough to want to separate for frivolous reasons will separate before marriage.

But they make it needlessly hard for people who've been abandoned (like I said earlier).

For anyone who's against divorce, you've probably never witnessed a broken or strained marriage firsthand...

I'm not saying that there's no benefit in staying together. I've seem couples pull their relationships out of the doldrums, but like I've said, that requires two cooperative partners. You can't force people to live together if they don't want to, anymore, or if one has no intention of honoring the contract of marriage.

Would I like to see my parents divorced? Obviously not. I'd like nothing more than to see my parents reunited one Christmas or anniversary. But there's obviously no way for that to happen, given the "other" family.

Would I deny them the liberty of a divorce? No.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm all for it. I've lost count of the number of unhappy marriages I've come across in the country, couples who have their hands tied for making a more and more common mistake in choosing a mate.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    divorce is a total no-no...

my conversation with divorce

why get married in the first place if youll only settle for divorce?
    >partners have no idea yet of what is it to be like living together.
    Then learn to live with each other, wedding is just the ceremony marriage is a life long commitment, you have your vows for better or for worse, you need to stick to that promise, in front of God and the people.

My partner fall out of love within the span of our marriage.
    >why did you let your partner do so, talk or communicate your way through it, there would always be an ample solution for any human made error, its is just a matter of compromise and understanding.

But i dont love my partner anymore i love the other one now.
    >so why did you get maaried in the first place, do you know that marriage is like a pact, a solemn pact that are not bound for separation.

But we are really having difficulty.
    >If there is truly love, it will surface and that love would reach out empahetically and compassionately without being a martyr, if there arent, then there shouldnt be a wedding that happened.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    well said cute doc.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the catholic church is not favor of divorce

the catholic church is not in favor of population control/family planning/condoms

bec. their true goal hell on earth hehehe para lumapit ka sa simbahan pag gulong-gulo na ang buhay mo

certified #1 emotional blackmailer

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Divorce in the Philippines - are you in favor or not?