New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I dont agree. Kasi before you marry someone you were expecting her to be with you till your last breath. Its true sometimes the relationship wont get along well but there are many factors to be consider. Sometimes when you or your partner challenge you to a divorce you or she might call it especially after a fight or misunderstanding. Mas ok na yung wala para talagang may chance kayong ipatch up ang problema.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    I dont agree. Kasi before you marry someone you were expecting her to be with you till your last breath. Its true sometimes the relationship wont get along well but there are many factors to be consider. Sometimes when you or your partner challenge you to a divorce you or she might call it especially after a fight or misunderstanding. Mas ok na yung wala para talagang may chance kayong ipatch up ang problema.
    What about those persons trapped in abusive or even violent relationships? There's no such thing as patching things up when you or your child are beaten to the point of death by your spouse. You can only hope to dissolve the marriage and move on. To me, there are only 2 things to consider here:

1. The welfare of your child; and
    2. The welfare of the abused spouse.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m2's kumander View Post
    not in favor.

on my opinion, you have to know the person well before you do something miserable. :lol: but i know, you won't get to know the person until you live under the same roof.

and i dont mean to sound like a saint...but i guess nothing is impossible with prayer. pray hard that you'll marry the right person (and with's God's grace), and work hard for your marriage.

your argument doesn't count for all the stupid people and all the people who have no faith/religion.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A marriage is a lasting bond, supposedly, but it's based on the idea that you know who you're marrying. In love and relationships, this often isn't the case. Who here doesn't put their best foot forward to impress someone they love? Later down the road, people change... relationships change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. You find out things about your partner you didn't really know (and how could you know these things if you hadn't lived together previously? If all you've ever seen of your partner is that best foot?).

I'm a segurista... it took us nine years to tie the knot. By then, we'd already known each other pretty well, and it still wasn't a walk in the park... we've had problems, just like any other couple. But would I ever divorce? No. I love my wife, and I'm faithful.

But there are some people who won't get along, and when they have problems, they won't get back together, whatever happens. If you'd ever lived in a broken home or had friends or family who did, you'd understand.

The idea that anything can be patched up assumes that both parties want to, but it oftentimes doesn't happen.

I have an aunt-in-law whose husband disappeared into thin air twenty or thirty years ago. Would you deny her the right to marry again legally, given that there's no chance of the man coming back? And would it be right to force her to accept him back into her life after so long, due to a contract that he himself breached?

I come from a broken home. I accepted, long ago, that my father was never coming back to live with us, because he has another family. It was very hard on my brother and sister, who never really knew the joy of having a father when growing up. My mother never had the time to find anyone else... but if she did... would it be right to deny her and my siblings the right to find someone to fill that emptiness?

The contract goes both ways. If one party dishonors it, the other party should have the right to break it. You can't just force two people to stay together in the hopes that they'll patch it up... I've seen this happen, and it's never pretty, and nearly never works. I've also seen couples kept together by the contract of marriage, yet one partner or the other is unfaithful. Who's happy with that arrangement? Not the faithful partner, I can tell you that...

A woman should not be forced to live with a womanizing, unfaithful and/or violent man (I've seen this, too), or if left by said man, should not be denied the right to find happiness with a faithful one.

Likewise, no man should be forced to live with an unfaithful and/or spiteful wife, or if left by said wife for another man, should be forced to live alone, without a wife and family to carry on his name.

I'm not saying that divorce should be made so easy that anyone can do a Britney... married one day, divorced the next, just for the hell of it. But it should be an option for those who have been wronged by their partners.

Divorce is ugly... but hell, some relationships are ugly, any two ways you cut it, and prolonging them can only lead to bitterness, betrayal, and really, really unhappy children.
    Last edited by niky; August 21st, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    many people get married for the wrong reasons.

many people get married before they are mature psychologically and emotionally.

Yes, u do have that chance to get to know ur future wife or husband really well during the courtship/bf-gf/pre-engagement/pre-wedding stage...

if that pre-marriage get-to-know-ur-future-spouse stage works so well, why are so many marriages failing?

It isnt foolproof
    Last edited by uls; August 21st, 2007 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    What about those persons trapped in abusive or even violent relationships? There's no such thing as patching things up when you or your child are beaten to the point of death by your spouse. You can only hope to dissolve the marriage and move on. To me, there are only 2 things to consider here:

1. The welfare of your child; and
    2. The welfare of the abused spouse.
    Thats a different story, I agree with you if thats the case and it cant be solved with any other means. But that can be a good case for an annulment. We all know that everybody can change, lets just hope for the better.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Another thread on divorce...this should be good...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Legalizing abortion would contribute way more than just letting people off the hook for stupidity.

:hysterical:

edit like the fidiots at the just locked thread. :spider:

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Walang tama, walang mali.

Difficult to give a clear and straight answer. What I can say is that iba't ibang tao may kanikanilang reasons.

Mayroon naman Annulment and Legal seperation. Why do we need divorce?

I agree that everybody deserves a second chance. What's the point, kung talagang breakdown na a marriage.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Legal Separation means you're still married and cannot remarry.

Annulment... well, it takes waaaaay too long... and there's no provisions for annulment on the basis of abuse or infidelity... merely legal separation.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Divorce in the Philippines - are you in favor or not?