New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'm in favor of divorce but there should be a minimum years of being together before being allowed to divorce. some times kasi it's a lot better to just break up than stay together, lalo na kung ang mag asawa away ng away lalo na sa harap ng mga anak nila ka wawa ang mga bata kaya i'm in favor. okaya mga mapang abusong asawa na kinakawawa ang kanilang mga asawa.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    ^^Koko Pimentel joins a growing bunch of young seperated politicians...

di ko ma gets paanong naging news worthy tong storya na to... in aid of re election?

model ba yung wife nya dati?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    di ako pabor sa divorce bill na yan...dadami lang ang broken family sa pinas... madami naman batas jan na pagtuuunan nila ng pansin hindi yan...pagkakagastusan lang goverment yan...
    This is the B.S. the Church wants you to believe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    di ako pabor sa divorce bill na yan...dadami lang ang broken family sa pinas... madami naman batas jan na pagtuuunan nila ng pansin hindi yan...pagkakagastusan lang goverment yan...
    Bull.

Do you know how many broken families there are in the Philippines already? Divorce merely formalizes that which is already a reality. Even better. In a divorce (as opposed to an annulment), the wronged party can sue the other for damages or support. Father leaves his family to start another? Child support and property are divided up in the divorce.

The way it is, men (and sometimes women) just up and leave and do whatever the hell they want. The spouse is nearly powerless to stop them.

Annulment? Ever tried it? Takes forever, and takes a s***load of money. Even worse, the one who has to file for annulment after being left behind is left to foot the bill.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pati si Pia seperated pala...

High time to discuss divorce bill, says Pia Cayetano | Inquirer News

High time to discuss divorce bill, says Pia Cayetano
    By Maila Ager
    INQUIRER.net

MANILA, Philippines—Senator Pia Cayetano believes it is now high time for Congress to start discussions on the controversial divorce bill following public disclosure of two of her colleagues that they had ended their marriage.

Senator Aquilino “Koko”Pimentel III announced Tuesday night that he and wife of 12 years, Jewel, had been separated since November 2011 while Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero admitted in various media interviews that he and his wife, Christine, had parted ways.

“I really think it’s high time for the divorce bill,” Cayetano, head of the Senate committee on youth, women, and family relations, said over ABS-CBN News Channel when asked if there is now a need to pursue discussion on the proposed divorce bill.

“I’ll tell you why. I’ve talked to lawyers and psychologists and psychiatrists and it’s so traumatic to go through annulment because under our Philippine laws, you have to blame someone, you have to say you’re incapacitated, you’re saying that this marriage never existed, which is not true,” she said.

“Ask anyone, I’m sure at some point in time whether it’s one year or 10 years or 20 years, they loved each other, so why can’t you call it what it is? We loved each other, something went wrong, it’s done. Why will you say it never existed?”

Cayetano herself has been separated for the past eight years and is now in the process of annulment. She described the process of annulment as “terrible.”

“It’s terrible. It’s not true, it’s not humane,” she said. ”So for me, it’s high time. Let’s bring it to the level where it should be and call it a divorce and deal it that way.”

“But people are so sensitive. Si Lady Gaga nga lang e,” Cayetano added, referring to strong objection by some sectors against the controversial pop singer.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    The problem with the church is that hindi sila open to new ideas eh. Daming problema, banat pa sila.

the church is like a corporation but is not taxed. there is such a thing of separation between church and state. if the church mingles with the affairs of the state, by all means, they should be taxed. praise the lord

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kulang na naman ata ang mga batang sakristan. wala na namang mapagkaabalahan ang mga pari.

kaya lahat ng issues pinapakialaman.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    As Pia has mentioned yung mahirap sa anulment is you have to prove that there was no relation in the first place. Eh if there was a relationship but it soured along the way...

“I’ll tell you why. I’ve talked to lawyers and psychologists and psychiatrists and it’s so traumatic to go through annulment because under our Philippine laws, you have to blame someone, you have to say you’re incapacitated, you’re saying that this marriage never existed, which is not true,” she said.

“Ask anyone, I’m sure at some point in time whether it’s one year or 10 years or 20 years, they loved each other, so why can’t you call it what it is? We loved each other, something went wrong, it’s done. Why will you say it never existed?”

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    madaming separado o separado in reality sa senado

yung iba dalawang pamilya

even enrile was separated from his wife when news of his tryst with his female assistant/aide hit the news some years back

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    dating beauty queen asawa ni koko... baka na korokok kaya naghiwalay...hehehe

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Divorce in the Philippines - are you in favor or not?