New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... it's most likely the SC will strike the entire law down.

All because someone in the Senate inserted a clause that was not necessary and not part of the original bill.
    And we know who that idiot is no matter how much he denies it.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    repeal
    MANILA, Philippine – Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero on Thursday admitted that voting for the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 was a mistake as he vowed to push for an amendment of the law to decriminalize it.

Escudero, one of the authors of the measure, admitted his shortcomings when he voted for the passage of the measure, without noticing the contested provision, which allows criminal liability for those who would violate it.

The measure was met with a wall of opposition after President Benigno Aquino III signed it into law.
    “Kasalukuyan naming pinag-aaralan ang paghain maski na ganito kaaga ng amendatory law para alisin at i-repeal ang probisyon na yun para maging consistent sa nauna kong bill na finile kaugnay ng repeal ng libel law para civil na lang ang ang liability at walang criminal liability(We are now studying filing an amendatory law even this early to repeal that provision just to be consistent with my bill that I filed in connection with libel law to impose civil, instead of criminal liability),” Escudero said

He was referring to the bill he filed to repeal the criminal liability in the libel law.

“I’ll take out the criminal liability but the civil liability provision will be intact, meaning no jail penalty,” said the senator.
    Escudero admitted there was an oversight on his part when he approved and signed the committee report of the measure.
    “Ayokong magbigay ng anumang dahilan o motibo. Aaminin ko na lang siguro ang amin pagkukulang, personally hindi ako makapagsalita sa ibang senador (I don’t want to give any reason or motive. I will just admit our shortcomings, personally because I can’t speak for other senators),’ he said.

In the meantime , Escudero said, the law may still be implemented unless Congress adopts a joint resolution to postpone it.
    Anti-cybercrime law a mistake

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Letting Tito Sotto into the senate house was the mistake.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 27th, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Guigona voted against this STUPID law...

FB 'likes', shares could be grounds for libel, says Sen. Guingona
    By: Karl John C. Reyes, InterAksyon.com
    September 27, 2012 3:14 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Sharing content, or even just clicking the 'Like' button on Facebook, may be grounds for libel under the recently enacted Cybercrime Prevention Act. But Senator Teofisto Guingona III said Thursday the law is so broad and vague it isn't clear who can or should be sued.

“The law is very broad,” Guingona, who opposes the new law, said. “If you click like, you can be sued, and if you share, and continuously re-share information, you can also be sued. Saka sino ang liable? Hindi klaro eh. ‘Yung original na nag-post? ‘Yung nag-share? ‘Yung nag-tweet? Kahit nga ikaw, mag-post ka ng simpleng ‘hehehe’ di ba? Ibig sabihin nu’n, sangayon ka (And who is liable? It isn’t clear. The one who made the original post? The ones who share? The ones who tweet. Even you, if you post a simple, ‘hehehe,’ right? Does that mean you agree)? Are you liable? So, napakalawak eh.”

Guingona also described the law as “unrealistic” and difficult to enforce.

But the bottom-line, he said, “on its face, it is unconstitutional,” which is why he filed before the Supreme Court on Thursday a petition asking it to declare void “questionable” provisions of the Cybercrime Prevention Act that infringe on freedom of speech and of expression, among these the inclusion of libel among punishable crimes.

Guingona acknowledged that the country needs an anti-cybercrime law but said the one enacted could easily be used to suppress people’s rights.

“Without a clear definition of the crime of libel and the persons liable, virtually any person can now be charged with a crime even if you just like, re-tweet or comment on an online update or blog post containing criticisms,” he said.

He also said the harsher penalty for “cyber-libel” -- up to 12 years’ imprisonment compared to the four years and two months for libel committed in print -- would demonize technology.

Aside from this, Guingona said the new law violated the constitutional guarantee against double jeopardy by making it possible for a person to be sued both under the Cybercrime Prevention Act and the Revised Penal Code.

Guingona said he is confident the Supreme Court will rule in his favor even as he urged netizens to join the protest against the Cybercrime Prevention Act.

Even if the high court rules for his petition, Guingona said he would still seek a review of the law.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Letting Vic Sotto into the senate house was the mistake.
    you mean tito?

sabi ko nga eh. . . . .milyones ang tangang botante.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    you mean tito?

sabi ko nga eh. . . . .milyones ang tangang botante.
    oops... yup, I meant Tito Sotto.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope someone comes out with one featuring the face of a certain bearded dumbass comedian turned politician... God save the Philippines from people like him.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Hope someone comes out with one featuring the face of a certain bearded dumbass comedian turned politician... God save the Philippines from people like him.

magandang pang christmas gift to

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    by Jojo Malig, ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 09/22/2012 3:27 AM | Updated as of 09/22/2012 4:48 AM

Internet libel? It wasn't me, Sotto says

Ibang klase talaga tong is iskul bukol.
    Last edited by CoDer; September 28th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bawal na rin daw mag-******* at mag-download ng music!

Anak ng tokwa.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
"Congress approves Anti Cybercrime Bill HB 5808" - are we safer or worst for it?