New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mods please move if there is already same thread.

Anybody here can recommend a good undercoating sales and service without affecting warranty of my new suzuki ertiga? Casa charges me php4,500.00 is that reasonably or can i have the same at cheaper outside service. Tia. Preferrably in Quezon city area.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Go to Ziebart. Kaso sa manila at makati lang sya

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    cars usually roll off the assembly plant rust proofed. the metal parts are dipped in anti corrosion bath before assembly.

you can ask your dealer if the rustproofing they claim is the same as undercoat. chances are undercoat ito. nilalagyan ng undercoat yung undercarriage and wheel wells ng kotse for "added" protection.

anyway, pwede ka pa undercoat sa gasoline stations that have a lifter. u can bring your own undercoat. a gallon of 3M undercoat costs about 1.5k sa paint shop. bayad ka na lang labor sa gas station. i think 1k+ din charge sa gas station.

alternatively, meron sa petron sa q.ave na undercoat. i think its 1.8K all in inclusive of petron branded undercoat. hth

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    New cars don't need rustproofing.
    Last edited by falken; July 26th, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Go to Ziebart. Kaso sa manila at makati lang sya

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Meron sa may Philam, lampas ng Trinoma.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    New cars don't need rustproofing.

I am more interested in undercoating than rustproofing para sa ilalim na prone to chips from flying rocks etc., They say its better when its new when it is still clean so that the undercoating can adhere better and there is still no chipped paint. Rust easily starts pag tinamaan na ang paint at na expose na ang metal parts.

Yes the Price quoted was for undercoating only.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dandang View Post
    I am more interested in undercoating than rustproofing para sa ilalim na prone to chips from flying rocks etc., They say its better when its new when it is still clean so that the undercoating can adhere better and there is still no chipped paint. Rust easily starts pag tinamaan na ang paint at na expose na ang metal parts.

Yes the Price quoted was for undercoating only.
    casa undercoat covers wheelwells only...

for ziebart, prepare atleast 12k for their treatment. this is the "new car" package IIRC. this is not limited to wheel wells according to ziebart.

i agree with 1 of the posters above though. there really is no need for an aftermarket rustproofing but erring on the side of caution and paranoia, nagpapa undercoat pa din ako.

btw, thought you should know, kung hindi properly natuyo ang metal parts sa paglinis at nilagyan ito ng undercoat or even rustproofing, magiging useless ang treatment. actually mas kakalawangin pa nga dahil sa exposure to moisture

Last edited by sirkosero; July 26th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    try mo sa Dallas tomas morato service is good and you will never go wrong............

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Decided to go to casa undercoating for php4,250.00 with body wax. Loooked under and everything was undercoated not only the wheelwell except of course the exhaust pipes. Happy with the work. The undercoat is sticky to the touch. How long does it take to dry up. Can i already use it in the rain or should i wait for it to dry up?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wait for it to dry. kapag mahaluan ng tubig at maipon sa loob ng undercoat sigurado kalawang...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Quezon city good rustproofing / undercoating