New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Could somebody help me choosing which one is the best buy for SUV's seven seater? Thanks...http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/newth...newthread&f=7#

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Brandnew 7-seater SUV ba?

If your budget is between P1.1M - P1.7M, the following will be your choices:

1. Ssangyong Rexton
    2. Isuzu Alterra
    3. Toyota Fortuner
    4. Suzuki Grand Vitara XL.7
    5. Ford Everest

If your budget is P1.8M and beyond, the following will be your choices:

1. Ford Explorer
    2. Ford Expedition
    3. Chevrolet Trailblazer
    4. Nissan Patrol
    5. Toyota Landcruiser Prado
    6. Mitsubishi Pajero
    7. Landrover Discovery

That's all I can remember eh. The order doesn't mean anything.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fortuner!!!!!!!! if u can wait for the loooooooooooong waiting list.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you're after power and performance, go for Toyota or Isuzu.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Brandnew 7-seater SUV ba?

If your budget is between P1.1M - P1.7M, the following will be your choices:

1. Ssangyong Rexton
    2. Isuzu Alterra
    3. Toyota Fortuner
    4. Suzuki Grand Vitara XL.7
    5. Ford Everest

If your budget is P1.8M and beyond, the following will be your choices:

1. Ford Explorer
    2. Ford Expedition
    3. Chevrolet Trailblazer
    4. Nissan Patrol
    5. Toyota Landcruiser Prado
    6. Mitsubishi Pajero
    7. Landrover Discovery

That's all I can remember eh. The order doesn't mean anything.
    Thanks a lot, my budget is only 1.1 to 1.4 million PHP. I don't like Isusu Alterra because of so much negative reviews from tsikoteers. Fortuner is ok but I have to wait longer period to own it. I'm looking for a comfortable 7 seater SUV's since we will be using it some times traveling from Bicol to Manila. It should aslo include the fuel consumption.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    If you're after power and performance, go for Toyota or Isuzu.
    Thank you for your feed back! Sorry po for this naive question, alam ko lang po kasi sumakay at mag-drive. Can you please elaborate to me what do you mean power and performance. Kasi de naman po tulin ang hinahanap ko, I'm just looking for a comfortable one, matipid sa GAS and as I've said my budget is only between 1 to 1.4 million PHP.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    fortuner!!!!!!!! if u can wait for the loooooooooooong waiting list.
    Thanks, yes it's true it takes time before I could get the fortuner from the moment you reserve it. Can you advise which one is best? I guess the comfort and fuel consumption is the one I'm looking for, brand new and the price should range from 1 to 1.4 million PHP.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like KCboy's Ssangyong Rexton RX290 (old school non-CRDi engine). I now looks cooler thanks to the big rims and Mercedes Benz badging.

There is also an RX270 which uses the same drivetrain as the diesel Liberty, Grand Cherookee and ML270.

There is also a third-seat option for the Sorento. But it is strictly for kids.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ortonko
    Thanks a lot, my budget is only 1.1 to 1.4 million PHP. I don't like Isusu Alterra because of so much negative reviews from tsikoteers. Fortuner is ok but I have to wait longer period to own it. I'm looking for a comfortable 7 seater SUV's since we will be using it some times traveling from Bicol to Manila. It should aslo include the fuel consumption.
    At a P1.4M limit, you'll have the following options:

1. Isuzu Alterra (2 Channel, 3.0L, 4x2 Diesel)
    2. Toyota Fortuner (2.7G, 4x2 Gas)
    3. Suzuki Grand Vitara XL.7 (2.7L V6, 4x4 Gas)
    4. Ford Everest (2.5L 4x4 Diesel)

Alterra is out 'coz you don't like the negative reviews you've been reading (I suggest you have an open mind and go see it for yourself, before deciding). Fortuner is out 'coz you feel you can't wait in line too long (and, the line is indeed looooong). That narrows your choices to the XL.7 & the Everest.

The XL.7 is more powerful than the Everest and has been rated with better fuel comsumption, despite having a V6 gas engine. However, The Everest costs a lot less and is way roomier. Furthermore, the Everest's engine and tranny has been proven for toughness offroad by it's elder brother, the Ford Ranger. Oh, and, Ford is offering tons of freebies!
    Last edited by vicoyski; August 7th, 2005 at 12:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    pag true seven-seater SUV ang kailangan mo, (meaning halos everytime eh 7 ang sasakay) dapat i-consider yung second list ni vicoyski. kasi dun sa first list, medyo cramped na ang 3rd row seating, especially when adults are going to sit there..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help to choose SUV's 7 seater!