New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, hindi lang ang CR-V ang classified as AUV before. pati yung mga ibang Commercial Vehicles tulad ng Pajero & Patrols ay pinapasok rin sa category na yan. basta kasi 10-seater before ay exempted sa excise-tax law (ginawa kasi itong exemption na ito para i jumpstart ang AUV market). ang hindi lang exempted ay yung mga compact-SUV tulad ng Rav4 & Vitara. nung una kasi walang seat height & width requirement - kaya nakalusot ang CR-V (tapos ayaw naman nilang pagawang taxi - labo).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think classified under commercial vehicle category with 10-seat capacity ang pajero/patrol/expedition dati.

ang AUV classification kasi should have at least 60% of its components sourced from local + 10-seating capacity.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    AUV - Asian Utility Vehicle. Vehicles that are not sold in the U.S., Europe or Japan. They do not pass the vehicle safety test of these countries. It's not about seating capacity, fuel consumption, 4x2 or 4x4, etc.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AUV - Asian Utility Vehicle. Vehicles that are not sold in the U.S., Europe or Japan. They do not pass the vehicle safety test of these countries. It's not about seating capacity, fuel consumption, 4x2 or 4x4, etc.
    did they really not pass the vehicle safety test or they do not have a maket for AUV's in said countries. imho riding revo's and adventure is much more safer than riding compact cars sold in the us.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They do not and will not pass U.S. and Europe safety standards (not sure about Japan). They are mostly sold in countries that do not have or are not strict with vehicle testing.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    Is this really how you classify vehicles? By being able to pass or fail an american or European safety standard tests? From what you are saying, since this vehicle fails to these countries' tests, you automatically classify it as an AUV? Not on seating capacity or engine, or other design? Are you classifying KIA SPECTRA(obviously a compact car) then, which failed the safety standard test in the US, as an AUV? Sounds crazy, isn't it?

I'm sorry Walter, but I totally disagree with you. You might describe the vehicle as such but it is not the only DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC. When you classify vehicles, you have to start to define/describe it as what it is (then, what it isn't would follow). But it wouldn't classify a car when you only say what it is not.
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; December 31st, 2004 at 04:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm sorry Walter, but I totally disagree with you. You might describe the vehicle as such but it is not the only DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC. When you classify vehicles, you have to start to define/describe it as what it is (then, not what it isn't would follow). But it wouldn't classify a car when you only say what it is not.
    i totally agree. as i have mentioned on my previous reply, safety factor may not be the key on why auv's are not sold in first world countries like us, europe and japan. clearly cheap compact sedans have everything our auv's have. the high end revo practically have more to offer than a cheap compact sedan sold in the US be it structurally or even aesthetically.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) ... ? Something that looks like it can be driven on normal roads, and at the same time be a weekend warrior in the desert? We all wish!!!! The term SUV has become so polluted that I am almost ashamed to say the words. But... the words come out of my mouth for lack of a better definition.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AUVs were never intended to be sold in the US, europe or japan. kaya nga AUV (Asian Utility Vehicle, pwede rin African Utility Vehicle ). AUVs were designed to cater to the needs of most asian families, wherein buong angkan kasama kapag may lakad. hindi reklamador ang mga asian kahit masikip, basta kasya lahat. mas gusto pa nga minsan nagsisiksikan para may bonding :bwahaha:
    Signature

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    AUV's:

Australian utility Vehicle
    Austrian Utility Vehicle
    Argentinian Utility Vehicle
    Afghanistan Utility Vehicle
    Albanian Utility Vehicle
    Algerian Utility Vehicle

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Difference between AUV and SUV