New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Move over, Norkis!

The demised or almost dead SUvic imported smuggled Japanese/US vehicles and suplus Korean vans market especially in Cavite is now being replaced by "localized" or refurbished (newly-painted and reconfigured) second hand Japanese minivans are selling like hotcakes in Cavite.

For instance, a company called RUSI (RUSI minivans) is earning alot because of its nice lookin refurbished and rebadged minivans.

The vans and mini-pick-ups are nice looking but the main selling point of the vehicles is the small 600 to 800cc fuel efficient Daihatsu and SUzuki engines.

The price ranges from 80,000 pesos only cah or installment.

It seems the Philippine market is really ready for small vehicles.

I hope Pinoy auto assemblers and manufacturers will take this an opportunity to build a Pinoy version.

The only downside is the maintenance aspect. Are their spareparts available?

Pinoy autoparts makers should also take this as another business opportunity...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Move over, Norkis!

The demised or almost dead SUvic imported smuggled Japanese/US vehicles and suplus Korean vans market especially in Cavite is now being replaced by "localized" or refurbished (newly-painted and reconfigured) second hand Japanese minivans are selling like hotcakes in Cavite.

For instance, a company called RUSI (RUSI minivans) is earning alot because of its nice lookin refurbished and rebadged minivans.

The vans and mini-pick-ups are nice looking but the main selling point of the vehicles is the small 600 to 800cc fuel efficient Daihatsu and SUzuki engines.

The price ranges from 80,000 pesos only cah or installment.

It seems the Philippine market is really ready for small vehicles.

I hope Pinoy auto assemblers and manufacturers will take this an opportunity to build a Pinoy version.

The only downside is the maintenance aspect. Are their spareparts available?

Pinoy autoparts makers should also take this as another business opportunity...
    Yeah, one of those places is near my house. They're selling refurbished Nissan Micras converted to LHD for pretty cheap (mga 150k yata, give or take 30k).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    RUSI stands for Ramas Uypitching & Sons Inc. which originates and is based here in Negros Oriental. They have been primarily known to sell motorcycles (formerly Honda) and now Suzuki motorcycles.

They even have their own line of RUSI motorcycles dubbed as 'RAM' cycles which have proved to cheaper and made affordable to the masses via their great financing schemes.

Their 'Multi-Cab' line has also gained much popularity because of good (surplus) engines coupled with great styling options such as body kits and good paintwork.

As for maintenance, nearly every area of the multi-cab can be fixed by most, if not all, by your suking mekaniko since the cab's design is fairly simple involving minor mechanical fixes and adjustments with little or no electronic components to be dumbfounded about

I believe that the Multi-Cabs that we see today on our streets, modified, pimped or whatever, is already the doings of pinoy ingenuity; a far cry from the bare framed multi-cab units we saw on its debut way back in 1994-95.

Last edited by Memphis Raines; July 11th, 2008 at 12:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Here in Cavite, RUSi only sells "RAM" and "RUSI" motorbikes....

...although I once saw a few minivans on display in one of their outlets in front of Robinsons Place Dasmarinas...

For me its a positive news because Pinoy firms are getter more bolder in terms of introducing and marketing their own homegrown brands...

I just hope their graduate from mere re-manufacturing to more value-added local fabrication of vehicles even at a limited scale....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Here in Cavite, RUSi only sells "RAM" and "RUSI" motorbikes....

...although I once saw a few minivans on display in one of their outlets in front of Robinsons Place Dasmarinas...

For me its a positive news because Pinoy firms are getter more bolder in terms of introducing and marketing their own homegrown brands...

I just hope their graduate from mere re-manufacturing to more value-added local fabrication of vehicles even at a limited scale....
    I think RUSI is more on selling re-badged second-hand (remanufactured) solo motorcycles.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    I think RUSI is more on selling re-badged second-hand (remanufactured) solo motorcycles.

Well, I just saw the RUSI branch in Bacoor, Cavite selling multicabs too (with their badge).

I saw the Rusi emblem at the back of the Suzuki re-manufactured minivan now multicab.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

The multicabs of Cebu

There are big jeeps and little jeeps. The big jeeps are the traditional refurbished American army jeeps - sometimes called sarao after the now-defunct Manila workshop that originally made this type of jeepney - or the newer Isuzu trucks.

The smaller ones are a Cebuano invention called multicabs. This was originally - and still is - the name of a company in Cebu (on A S Fortuna in Mandaue), which first started importing used mini trucks from Japan. With an engine displacement of only 660 cc, these vehicles are called keitora ("light trucks") in Japan and are used mostly for deliveries or hauling plumbers and their gear.

In Cebu we dress them up, make 'em look real nice, and use them as passenger jeeps or as pickups for ferrying the family to the mall. In fact, this has developed into an industry; Cebu exports multicabs not just to the rest of the Philippines, but to places as far away as Cuba.

The thing is, these vehicles, as well as the larger trucks, originate from Japan, and, as such, are right-hand drive vehicles.

Last edited by jpdm; September 23rd, 2009 at 11:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir how much it will cost me to bring it on Cebu....all in regestration and shipment included?

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by reymskie View Post
    Sir how much it will cost me to bring it on Cebu....all in regestration and shipment included?

Thanks
    Sir actually Cebu is the mecca of rebuilt minivans (from surplus minivans from Japan. Norkis is no. 1. Rusi-Rusco have a strong base in the Visayas. One unit cost around 180,000k.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Well, I just saw the RUSI branch in Bacoor, Cavite selling multicabs too (with their badge).

I saw the Rusi emblem at the back of the Suzuki re-manufactured minivan now multicab.
    ask ko lang kung san sa Bacoor Cavite Branch ng Rusi from what I've heard they'r better than Rusco.

RUSI vans atbp: The "Localized" Imported Minivans