New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    kickbacks? Are you sure? where will you get this LPG?
    importation. where will the government get the CNG? local. Coorect me if Im wrong. Where will you get the best kickback? importation or local procurement?
    Our corrupt pig of a government gets a kickback in all transactions. It doesn't matter if its big or small.

Why export something that can be used locally? ... isn't it more green to use something local? And since NG burns clean, why are we exporting it instead of using it for our benefit?

Because Shell failed to expand the so-called mother-daughter whatever CNG infrastructure. So without this, not to waste Ng, they shipped it abroad.
    Yeah, shipping it abroad makes more financial sense, NOT!

The same fuel could have been used locally to fire up electric power stations. Yet here we are using imported fuels.

hmmm..So you monitor all of this vehicles?

How come I have seen alot of jeepneys, auvs and vans filling up diesel instead of auto lpg? Rarely do I see these type of vehicles lining up in stations with auto lpg.
    And how long do YOU spend observing the vehicles going in and out of an Auto-LPG refueling station?

At least I go there on a regular basis. How about you?

So, you got your data from gas stations with auto lpg where you refuel your car? Obviously, you can easily talk to drivers with auv-fx powered by LPG.

Now, how many are these? how many stations with selling auto-lpg?
    Here's the un-updated list of Auto-LPG stations in Metro Manila.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50159

Point is you still utilize energy.
    And the point is that your e-jeepney uses electricity generated by burning fossil fuel.

Yes yes... it "could" be powered by "green" sources but that is not today.

Hmmm..how about for cooking gas instead of fuel just run cars or jeepneys? I think its better to use lpg for cooking.
    That view is simply like a horse wearing blinders. Too narrow a viewpoint restricts your own ability to be flexible. Ironic for someone trying to be the champion of "green" technology.

Do you know the function of Meralco or the functions of power distributors?
    Power distribution. But they don't generate it.

And by the way, who said massive hydroelectric or micro hydroelectric power stations?

The point is hydroelectric power station can be a source of electricity.
    Duh?... Any hydroelectric power station that is big enough to generate power for a community will have an environmental impact either by water diversion or changes in the local eco system.

Why do you think there is so much "green" protest whenever a new hydro-electric power station is proposed anywhere in the globe today?

How about you, are you sure of what might happen in the future?
    I don't control the future. But I can see where it is leading based on where we have been.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No. Why not you remove those your smoke and oil tainted glasses you are wearing so that you can see a brighter future for this country and the world
    Sorry to say but I don't wear any glasses and see reality of the past, present and future with 20/20 vision.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    De La Salle University-Dasmarinas
    See?... was it that hard to mention it yourself?

When shall we start?How do we start?How did China started with their vehicle industry?How about Malaysia and their Mitsubishi clone Protons and Daihatsu clone Peroduas?

Cant we let our local industry start again with the PHUVs? And perhaps, in 10-50 or even 100 years we can build our own low tech diesel, gasoline and electric engines?
    It is helpful if the government is backed up by income derived from oil.

It is also more helpful if we have a government that is not weak kneed to protect it's own local industries. Unfortunately our government owns a lot to other countries who in-turn pull on our purse strings to get trade advantages.

At least we are giving a chance to our auto designers, mechanical engineers, IT engineers, metallurgical engineers a reason to work in this country instead of going out and perhaps a future?
    y..e..a..h... and maybe if they can get paid in the same amount as if they worked in another country.

Instead of these engineering as mere salesmen and agents of foreign car manufacturers?
    If it pays your salary, why argue?

Wouldn't that be better than being a maid in a foreign country?

Tell that to the thousands if not millions of jeepney drivers,operators and owners who barely meet their boundaries and expenses.
    And your saying that the e-jeep would solve all their income problems? I dont think so.

Besides, if thse auto-lpg is indeed viable, with Gloria offering billion pesos for the conversion of jeepneys, how come few availed?
    Is that your observation again?

Because you keep on mentioning the government. And who will finance such huge cost of converting to auto lpg?
    Owners themselves. Conversion to Auto-LPG is cheaper and has a shorter ROI than buying a new vehicle that requires a totally new infrastructure to become feasible.

So who's going to spend on building the electric charging stations for the e-jeeps?

Again, if given the chance, who knows MVPMAP and PHUV, Inc. of Romski can eventually produced the critical components in the immediate future?
    Dont you have trust with local engineering capabilities of Pinoys?
    We have had decades, yet we have nothing to show for it.

How come? Because we import everything? So whats the source of livelihood of millions of Pinoys?
    We all work for someone else. Is that so bad?

Who has income, a fracton of the Philippine population. How do you jumpstart the income of millions of Pinoys? Gie them jobs by making them productive and buying local produce.
    Wow! and the PHUV program will employ millions on pinoys. Yeah right. It would be lucky if it would put 100 people to work.

Thats the point, how come we cant do this here? Every attempt to come up with a local vehicle is immediately shot down. How come Malaysia nurtured Proton and Perodua with a very small population compared to us?
    Because it's middle class has more buying power than the middle class we have here. Why do you think there is a sudden boom in people owning scooters and motorcycles in recent years? Yet all they can afford is a motorcycle and not a car.

In that thought, maybe you should target making a locally designed and produced motorcycle or scooter before moving to cars.

We used to export the mini land cruiser of Delta motors of Silverio. We have a striving AUV industry in the 1990s with Anfra selling 60,000 units at its peak. tels me, in the future, if not now, we can do it again. We are racing to 100 million by 2015.
    100 million with a vast majority living under the poverty line. Where the middle class cannot afford to buy a brand new car and have to rely on pre-owned cars if they want to own a vehicle.

But importing everything? maybe you need to check you economic history
    Maybe you should check REALITY. The philippines basically imports everything these days.

Why not export rice and build our own vehicles (not necessary Filipino brand)? So that we are not dependent on the supplies of other countries?
    Why not just start exporting rice first before moving on to exporting cars.

How many cars sold in China when they were just starting?
    Automobile Production in China:
    Year Production (in million units)
    1992 1.0
    1999 1.2
    2000 2.07
    2001 2.33
    2002 3.25
    2003 4.44
    2004 5.07
    2005 5.71
    2006 7.28
    2007 8.88
    2008 9.35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automob...ustry_in_China

We are not even starting.
    We can't even sell a quarter million cars.

You are fixed with the present.
    And you are stuck dreaming of a future that have no footing in the past nor present.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 2nd, 2009 at 04:31 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sorry to say but I don't wear any glasses and see reality of the past, present and future with 20/20 vision.
    You should wear one. I suggest. because, you only see what you want to see.

With 20/20 vision? I doubt. You are stuck with the present, dont know the past and the negativity and pessimism you consistently showed in this thread magnify your idea of a dark future.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    See?... was it that hard to mention it yourself?
    So?Whats your problem?

It is helpful if the government is backed up by income derived from oil.
    You are talking about VAT? Whats that got to do with e-jeepneys?

It is also more helpful if we have a government that is not weak kneed to protect it's own local industries.
    Really now.

You saying this? in your previous post you just said, its ok for the country to perpetually import everything.

Unfortunately our government owns a lot to other countries who in-turn pull on our purse strings to get trade advantages.
    Simply because we dont have industrial nor agricultural capacity to produce our own goods and services for our needs. You mentioned rice (export)for vehicles (import). Our imports are more expensive than our exports. Thats why we always incur massive trade deficits (8 billion dollars last year)

y..e..a..h... and maybe if they can get paid in the same amount as if they worked in another country.

yeah, as if all engineers in the Philippines can work abroad.

If it pays your salary, why argue?

Wouldn't that be better than being a maid in a foreign country?
    Do you think all auto salesmen are paid handsomely?

Will an engineering grad from DLSU go abroad as maid? Go figure.

And your saying that the e-jeep would solve all their income problems? I dont think so.
    Who said that the e-jeepney would solve all their income problems?

Is that your observation again?
    I stand corrected if you can give me hard data.

Owners themselves. Conversion to Auto-LPG is cheaper and has a shorter ROI than buying a new vehicle that requires a totally new infrastructure to become feasible.
    Have you also interviewed those thousands ( jeepney associations) who did not convert to auto-lpg?

So who's going to spend on building the electric charging stations for the e-jeeps?
    Make a guess.

We have had decades, yet we have nothing to show for it.
    Umm..decades? The e-jeepney was just launched late last year.

We all work for someone else. Is that so bad?
    What do you think?

Wow! and the PHUV program will employ millions on pinoys. Yeah right. It would be lucky if it would put 100 people to work.
    Wow! Who said the PHUv program will employ millions of pinoys? You.
    I guess, you have to read again (should I read it for you to
    understand) my statement before coming up with this out of ths world statement.

Because it's middle class has more buying power than the middle class we have here. Why do you think there is a sudden boom in people owning scooters and motorcycles in recent years? Yet all they can afford is a motorcycle and not a car.
    Or they brought down the prices of their Proton and Perodua( with government incentives)that is affordable to their middle class?

In that thought, maybe you should target making a locally designed and produced motorcycle or scooter before moving to cars.
    Probably.

100 million with a vast majority living under the poverty line. Where the middle class cannot afford to buy a brand new car and have to rely on pre-owned cars if they want to own a vehicle.
    Do you think, this situation will last?

Maybe you should check REALITY. The Philippines basically imports everything these days.
    Thats the sad part.

Again, you are stuck with your dark present world. With no chance of changing.

Let me remind you of the saying...there is no permanent things in this world but change.

And thats the REALITY.

So, this gloomy reality of yours can be reversed, right? Or you are just so hopelessly pessimistic?

Why not just start exporting rice first before moving on to exporting cars.
    Umm...reality check....Why should we start exporting rice (which we import), if we are already exporting cars (Ford)?

Well, who is dreaming now...

Automobile Production in China:
    Year Production (in million units)
    1992 1.0
    1999 1.2
    2000 2.07
    2001 2.33
    2002 3.25
    2003 4.44
    2004 5.07
    2005 5.71
    2006 7.28
    2007 8.88
    2008 9.35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automob...ustry_in_China

We can't even sell a quarter million cars.
    Whats you point?

And you are stuck dreaming of a future that have no footing in the past nor present.
    No footing? And where do you base your assumptions also? From your negativity and pessimistic past, present and future.

At least, I dream. But I can easily go back to reality. How about you, stuck in your gloomy point view of view, utter pessimism and your own dark future world?

Anyway,

Actually, the PHUV program is already here. Its the reality. Again, makati, and bacolod bought these e-jeepneys.

Im hoping I can in my own way drum up support.

What is wrong with supporting a local endeavor? You talk about benefits yet you keep on hitting local projects like e-PHUV?

Can you say something positive for a change?

I think this is better compared to what you are doing especially in this thread.. And its called crab mentality.

Anyway,

The thing is, a group of Pinoys started something without any support from the government. What Im doing is just highlighting their efforts and so that I can encourage them (in my own small way) not to give up.

Is that wrong for you?

Will it be alright to give them a chance and support them?

PS

Why do you keep on bashing the phuv project?
    I find it ironic because its now a local project supported by foreign groups ( from the Netherlands and Greenpeace) by bashed by Pinoys like you.

Do you find pleasure doing it? Just asking..
    Last edited by jpdm; September 2nd, 2009 at 08:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Courtesy of SUV111 of SSC

Can we put a auto gas fed gasoline engine in this monster?

Courtesy of Christendom of SSC

or lets have this instead?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    More bacolod pictures:

Courtesy of Christendom of SSC

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    More Bacolod e-jeepneys..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

AT La Mesa park..

Courtesy of Habagatcentral of SSC

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Electric Jeepney now has Landmark-Makati Medical Center route via De La Rosa

Courtesy of Walderstrom of SSC

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
PHUV, Inc.