New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i am not rich nor born rich but i believe that the old jeepney must say goodbye.

it is about time to wake up and redesign the ugly thing into a more people/earth friendly tool.

the jeepney has also robbed most of the filipinos who earn from it to strive better and further as they turned their lifestyles to living life a day at a time and setting aside their supposed to be dreams of living a better life.

"itay, ayoko na mag-aral, mag-drive na lang ako ng jeep para kumita na".-tamad mag-aral at madali naman makakuha ng jeep na ma-drive kahit baguhan at walang alam sa traffic rules or professional driving.

"anak, huminto ka na mag-aral at mag-drive ka na lang ng jeep o tricycle para mapakain mo ang anak mo".-maaga kasi nag pamilya.

do you know why jeepney drivers drive like hell's angels?-follow them to their homes and you will find out.

hindi kailangan maging elitista para masabi mong mali ang isang bagay.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    true, hindi kailangang maayaman para magsabing di maganda ang mga jeepneys natin. i rode jeepney the whole day yesterday and it was hell. dumb cigarette smokers here and there, stupid driving, pollution. ugh. name it all. what i think is that the jeepneys should be rebuilt/redesigned/updated and not to completely say goodbye with it. if the jeepneys will be faced out, ano na ang pang mass transportation? palitan ng mini bus? ang mahal nun. then the fare would go up too. nag rereklamo na nga mga pinoy ngayon sa pamasahe, ano pa kaya kung dadagdagan pa.

the idea of building Electric jeepneys would be better. less pollution, so lesser reklamo na din sa mga passengers about the smell of exhaust. plus it will have lesser maintenance, suspension lang at mga gulong at konting alaga sa electric motor. ok lang kahit mabagal ang mga EV. di naman kailangan makipag karerahan ang mga jeepney drivers eh. imagine kung lahat ng mga jeepneys e E-jeepneys na, malaking mababawas sa pollution. the only problem i think is how to face out the old jeepneys. the government can't just take hold of those jeeps then junk it kasi ito na ang nagiging main source of income ng mga drivers. sa transition perios lang siguro mahirap. pero after that we will be enjoying more privileges.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    [SIZE=3]I think Jeepneys should be totally banned as soon as possible.
    Alam ko sa karamihan may sentimental value talaga yang mga jeepneys na yan but theres really nothing to be proud of it. Mahirap lang po ako and naging bahagi na ng buhay ko yang pagsakay sa jeep as well as other modes of public transportation, and i hate the jeepney experience (pwera na lang kung may katabi kang chicks). Why I hate it?

Number one siguro is yung safety.
    most jeepneys are no way near street legal and wont pass modern international safety requirements.
    most jeepneys de bomba preno, walang crumple zones, walang seatbelts, defective instruments, walang windshield wipers, stupid suspensions, no or defective taillights, kung meron man bulag pa.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]jeepneys are simply accident prone not because of the driver but the design of the jeepney itself[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    -ridiculous seating arrangement, overcrowded, hassle pa sa ulan
    -jeepneys are assembled from katay parts (engine). not passing the regular strict quality inspection sa mga planta ng automobiles.
    -wala ng pag-asang maging moderno pa ang jeepneys because wala namang research and development yang mga nagaasemble ng mga yan compared sa mga real vehicle manufactures na nag-iinvest ng milyones sa research and development pa lang. Hanggang borloloy lang talaga na wala namang gamit.
    -mga jeepney drivers, no doubt most are pain in the as$,

Ok lang sana kung 1980's pa lang, ngayon but its year 2009 already and we are still living a primitive world.
    hanggat maaari wag nyo na ipatronage pa mga jeepneys. Andyan naman mga modern buses and the LRT/MRT which is supported by the government.
    kung talagang no choice eh di magjeep.
    [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately even with the obvious need to phase out the jeepney as a major means of mass transportation, the current state of philippine government has no political will to make this a reality.

Since there is no financial kick backs in such a move, I doubt if any of the senators & congressmen would even touch the subject. And much less make it into law.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if we can wait for the train to come, why can't we wait for the buses?

all main thoroughfares should be dominated by scheduled buses ( i just wish the drivers would be educated properly) operated by the government or a reliable/respectable private company to easily discipline the drivers.

we don't have to pity arrogant and uneducated drivers in losing their jobs, we have to progress and those who refuse does not deserve to survive.

tama na katamaran, kaya nga ganyan pa ang mga jeepney dahil natin ay dahil sa katamaran hindi naman sa kahirapan.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zantets View Post
    [SIZE=3]I think Jeepneys should be totally banned as soon as possible.
    Alam ko sa karamihan may sentimental value talaga yang mga jeepneys na yan but theres really nothing to be proud of it. Mahirap lang po ako and naging bahagi na ng buhay ko yang pagsakay sa jeep as well as other modes of public transportation, and i hate the jeepney experience (pwera na lang kung may katabi kang chicks). Why I hate it?

Number one siguro is yung safety.
    most jeepneys are no way near street legal and wont pass modern international safety requirements.
    most jeepneys de bomba preno, walang crumple zones, walang seatbelts, defective instruments, walang windshield wipers, stupid suspensions, no or defective taillights, kung meron man bulag pa.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]jeepneys are simply accident prone not because of the driver but the design of the jeepney itself[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    -ridiculous seating arrangement, overcrowded, hassle pa sa ulan
    -jeepneys are assembled from katay parts (engine). not passing the regular strict quality inspection sa mga planta ng automobiles.
    -wala ng pag-asang maging moderno pa ang jeepneys because wala namang research and development yang mga nagaasemble ng mga yan compared sa mga real vehicle manufactures na nag-iinvest ng milyones sa research and development pa lang. Hanggang borloloy lang talaga na wala namang gamit.
    -mga jeepney drivers, no doubt most are pain in the as$,

Ok lang sana kung 1980's pa lang, ngayon but its year 2009 already and we are still living a primitive world.
    hanggat maaari wag nyo na ipatronage pa mga jeepneys. Andyan naman mga modern buses and the LRT/MRT which is supported by the government.
    kung talagang no choice eh di magjeep.
    [/SIZE]

Here in Manila, yes. But not in other parts of the country. In Iloilo particularly, Jeepneys have already evolved. debomba na preno? defective instruments? no taillight? no wiper? no seatbelts?... Not in Iloilo paps, you can't have your jeepney LTO registered without even having a seatbelt or a defective taillight. And most of the jeepneys there uses hydrovac brake systems, others even use coil springs instead for ride comfort. Have you seen a jeepney having power side mirrors? Fog lamps? Not in Manila though but in Iloilo . Ilonggos take pride when it comes to assembling jeepneys, If Manila then had the Sarao Motors, well now Iloilo has the PASAJERO SOSYAL, JOROSHELY MOTORS, JEEPNEY WORLD, PATOO WHEEL etc.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    OT: hmmmmm, sorry for the double posting. bakit kaya?

BTT: I hate to say this but the present Manila jeepneys we have today are not worthy to be proud of.-mas maganda pa ang mga kalesa!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    More Iloilo Jeepneys courtesy of skyscrapercity.com

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pewski View Post
    ito naman ang naunang model nila...evo series 3 (2006 model)

Di kaya kulang pa sa dekorasyon ang jeepney na yan > e palagasy ko karamihan ng pera ng nag pagawa niyan sa dekorasyon Lumaki ang gastos heheheheh:twister3::gun::laughbounce::crash:

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
The Philippine Jeepney...