New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Does anyone know a place in Luzon that does the custom Jeep wrangler style owner jeeps? For some reason I still like the good old owners jeeps.

I'm looking for the kind that have a solid removable top like I plan to get a turbo diesel matic installed. I did not see this style in Cavite.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    You may visit Imus and Bacoor in Cavite. We have expert builders in our province. Kulang lang sa amin siguro resistant sa new technology and design.Thats why parang pinasawaan ang gawa nila.

They still assemble wranglers, owner type jeeps and mini hammers. A few even exported their stuff in South Africa.

Medyo, naghihingalo business nila kasi, they were ravaged by these illegally-imported but highly hazardous vehicles from the freeport...

The same happen to neighboring assemblers in La Pinas notably, Sarao and Franscisco Motors.....

OT,

thanks sir jedi and tsikot admin for granting my request! long live philippine native assemblers!
    Last edited by jpdm; April 12th, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good to hear these are still being made, I like having something different from everyone else and putting a a nice strong Turbo diesel motor and alcohol injection I'll have a nice little cruiser. My buddy in Angles City just wrecked his spacegear (AGAIN) Steering locked in a turn. I was ignoring the warnings from everyone about the subic vehicles be now I have given up on them.

If you please PM me any contact info you have on them so I can get a price quote for a automatic/turbo diesel with Aircon, and full (working instrument cluster)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think MDJeepstar still produces wrangler replicas....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Good to hear these are still being made, I like having something different from everyone else and putting a a nice strong Turbo diesel motor and alcohol injection I'll have a nice little cruiser. My buddy in Angles City just wrecked his spacegear (AGAIN) Steering locked in a turn. I was ignoring the warnings from everyone about the subic vehicles be now I have given up on them.
    sir, check nyo ito..

http://www.disenyopilipino.ph/
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3...0131iiizu6.jpg
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2...0142xivtk1.jpg

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

Medyo, naghihingalo business nila kasi, they were ravaged by these illegally-imported but highly hazardous vehicles from the freeport...

I think even before this importation

What really kills the industry is the local secondhand cars that is widely available.

Plus low downpayment from the financing industry.

We had two owner type jeeps before. ok naman. hindi ka manghihinayang gamitin. One after 5 years, the chassis rusted out. though the body was pure stainless.

After decades of manufacturing and assembling them, I always wonder why it didnt evolve from its safety features and its style. (style is now even worst than before if you ask me)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Macho pinoy vehicles...

Sasakyan ng macho......

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008

A wrangler owner type jeep from Dasmarinas, Cavite..