New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Sarao should consider crowdsourcing the design.

One of the Tsikot PHUV concepts:

kahit anong ganda ng design kung puro pukpok, welding dito welding doon lang naman gagawin wala pa ring kuwenta.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    kahit anong ganda ng design kung puro pukpok, welding dito welding doon lang naman gagawin wala pa ring kuwenta.
    I agree. Commercial success would require them to adopt global industry standards.

However, are they supposed to wait (for probably a long time) until buyers of vehicles here reach a certain critical mass that would make mass-producing profitable?

Perhaps a better route is to take advantage of low-volume and hand-crafted character of the industry to produce high-quality luxury cars (primarily for export), ala Ferrari or Lamborghini. I'm aware of the problems currently present, but I see that it's more... productive than just sit and wait for mass-production to be a feasible undertaking.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Luxury cars? With surplus engines! There you go!

Uhm, you're joking, right?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Luxury cars? With surplus engines! There you go!

Uhm, you're joking, right?
    Yup. I am joking with the surplus engine part, except that I didn't mention it. The fact that you assumed that makers would mix and match surplus parts and pass it off as a new vehicle speaks volumes on why after 60 years, the jeepney's only major innovation is to extend its wheelbase.

I just hope at least one would graduate from that and consistently sell new vehicles with brand new engines from another maker. Pagani has their engines from Mercedes, after all.

5. Join Date
    May 2006

not bad for a school thesis

let's be real it's a sarao

at least we have a proof of concept (baby steps)

perhaps a technical upgrade and a little collabo with jackie will produce the next iteration, the next working 'almost-ready-for-mass-market' prototype

then comes the funding and manufacturing which i guess his family can deal with

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If I was making a thesis on redesigning the jeepney, I'd submit this:

The PWV (Public Worship Vehicle) or jeepney church. Because Filipinos are religious.

I'm sure I'll get a high grade. Okay, maybe not.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Sarao has been left in the dust by MD-Juan/Centro Manufacturing. This is already challenging Nissan Urvan in the FX AUV market...

Agree. This locally assembled Isuzu I-Van developed by Centro and Isuzu for the local market is much better than that "new" jeepney.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Dapat ang goverment mag set ng isang design for jeep. As in iisang itsura at body. Kung maari pa nga iisa lang ang kulay para uniform. Yung engine e two type pang city at pang akyatan.. Alam ko naman hindi pwd pilitin ng goverment ang mga operator na sundin yun kaya e implement lang ang new design sa mga new jeep. Para magkaroon ng mgamdang labanan sa quality mag authorise ang goverment ng 2 to 3 car make na gagawa ng parehong design ng jeep. Then bigyan ng 10 to 20years na palugit ang lahat ng operator na baguhin ang mga jeep nila.. Mas maayos tignan kung uniform ang jeep, base sa standard ang laki at haba.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I will still go for the Sarao prototype 1..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have no problem with the current jeepney design. With the full implementation of the Euro 4, what is needed is Euro 4 compliant engines. This would force all new jeepneys to go CRDi.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast